napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

OPEN BREW DISCUSSION

ThrasherSmasher said:
drb you are a fool to say the least and you are also far from being anything even related to an expert brewer. Keep your suggestions off this board, your a hazard and infection waiting to happen.

Who are you?

PHURIOUS PHARMA

The guy wonderig why you are talking to drb like that

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Yea, I said im :twisted: Thrasher-Smasher :twisted: you can call me lucifer. You will find that I am very kind, I just ask one thing of you phurious.

my reason why? So are you telling me and the rest of the community that you in fact, support, and condone and practice his brewing, idiology? Is phurious "pharma" being that your gear is pharma right? do you as a pharma lab condone all this bull shit?

drb_iac said:
Not bragging but I guess I am an expert. Lots of chemisrty courses taken, many years of doing it, lots of pharmacology taken, and a brother that runs a 2 million dollar lab.

drb_iac said:
It is also expensive. If you use, then use as min as possible. If you make gear at 220F then all is sterile. I have not filtered in 20 years.

drb_iac said:
Do you not even filter for yourself. What do you do to sterilize your gear? Bake it?

drb_iac said:
Yes and no. I have the gear spining on a hotplate/stirrer. The entire batch is brought to 220f for 5 minutes. This is now sterile. I only transfer to amber bottles since I do not sell. If I were to put into vials, then I would go ahead and crimp them and put the whole thing in my oven for 5 mins at 225f.

bonacris said:
Is 5mins enough? I was told 30 mins at 120 degrees Celsius
drb_iac said:
If temp hits 220f and is there for 3-5 mins then it is sterile. Google pasteurization. There are tousands of bacteria around us but most are not pathogenic. You can kill them at 220F

ThrasherSmasher said:
my reason why? So are you telling me and the rest of the community that you in fact, support, and condone and practice his brewing, idiology? Is phurious "pharma" being that your gear is pharma right? do you as a pharma lab condone all this bull shit?

drb_iac said:
Not bragging but I guess I am an expert. Lots of chemisrty courses taken, many years of doing it, lots of pharmacology taken, and a brother that runs a 2 million dollar lab.

drb_iac said:
It is also expensive. If you use, then use as min as possible. If you make gear at 220F then all is sterile. I have not filtered in 20 years.

drb_iac said:
Do you not even filter for yourself. What do you do to sterilize your gear? Bake it?

drb_iac said:
Yes and no. I have the gear spining on a hotplate/stirrer. The entire batch is brought to 220f for 5 minutes. This is now sterile. I only transfer to amber bottles since I do not sell. If I were to put into vials, then I would go ahead and crimp them and put the whole thing in my oven for 5 mins at 225f.

bonacris said:
Is 5mins enough? I was told 30 mins at 120 degrees Celsius
drb_iac said:
If temp hits 220f and is there for 3-5 mins then it is sterile. Google pasteurization. There are tousands of bacteria around us but most are not pathogenic. You can kill them at 220F

I personally filter everything. But i do know that ACTUAL pharmacuetical grade gear isnt filtered. Its made in a contaminent free clean room and syerilized in an irradiating autoclave.

So his practices are his own and i have my own. But here at AR we dont talk to eachother like this. We respect all opinions and talk calmly and w respect.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

ThrasherSmasher said:
So phurious pharma doesnt even filter his gear? oh, this is going to be good.

Man. Dont even start. You are a troll. Show yourself out. Ypu are probly from meso or dome other chop shop trying to start problems. Bye bye.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

There is no problem with having different methods, discussing and comparing etc. but where is this kind of talking coming from out of nowhere thrasher? Your opinions are valued, I assure you but you seem to be in attack mode with a motive from the start? Can i at least ask why or is there a misconception on the way you are coming across with your comments because they seem to have an anterior motive connected to them...

no it just drives me mad Dylan because people like this guy, (not phurious) post information that is dangerous, and very far from being accurate, its exactly what leads to people being hospitalized and yet they post it up as if they truly know what they are talking about.... come on now.... then people follow it and what happens?

ThrasherSmasher said:
no it just drives me mad Dylan because people like this guy, (not phurious) post information that is dangerous, and very far from being accurate, its exactly what leads to people being hospitalized and yet they post it up as if they truly know what they are talking about.... come on now.... then people follow it and what happens?

as long as that's the purpose then that's fine... it seemed otherwise... if your intent is clean and nothing more then you need to bring to light issues and explain etc... there's a good way and a bad way but if you have no malicious intent then of course, your input is not only welcomes but needed.. it seemed there was a lot of condescending remarks etc... by all means, if you see something you don't agree with then address it but understand we do all have a level of respect here for one another and none of us know everything or error free but we help each other learn from everything and grow together... cool bro?

as long as that's the purpose then that's fine... it seemed otherwise... if your intent is clean and nothing more then you need to bring to light issues and explain etc... there's a good way and a bad way but if you have no malicious intent then of course, your input is not only welcomes but needed.. it seemed there was a lot of condescending remarks etc... by all means, if you see something you don't agree with then address it but understand we do all have a level of respect here for one another and none of us know everything or error free but we help each other learn from everything and grow together... cool bro?[/quote]

And this is why AR is lightyears away from any board!!!! We bring class to the bodybuilding community

I guess he was horrified that I personally do not filter. Also of interest is that I have not filtered in 10 years. The whole batch is spinning at 220F for 5 minutes.There are no living organisms present after this. Of the thousands of bacteria present, there are only a few that are harmfull or considered to be pathogenic. This would be the gram positive cocci called sterptococcus aureus or staphlococcus aureus. Then you have the fecal coliforms or the gram negative rods, like the famous e.coli or more correctly, escherichia coli, the listerias the klebsiellas etc. These are easily killed by pasteurization. So I suppose I know enough to get by making my own gear and also for friends and family, and I see no need need for filtration. If you see this as a harmfull and dangerous practice please make your points, as I have made mine. My knowledge of bacteria, virus, yeasts, fungi etc are are pretty up to date. Besides the fact that I have not filtered in 10 years kind of shows me that I must be doing something right. So I am waiting for a scientifc explantion as to why I should filter and why big pharm does not. Take a few courses in bacteriology and you will be amazed. I am not bro science brother...I am the real deal. To be honest my gut response was how dare you...but being the nice guy that I am ,I will let you go ahead and have your say. So lets hear it.

And keep this in mind. B.S chemistry, BS microbiology, MS chemical pahrmacology, and DVM. In fact In the last 20 years I did filter once or twice. Just to see to see if it would culture cleaner that my un filtered gear. Also keep in mind that for many years when I realized that I did not need to filter I would very often take a petri plate with nutrient agar and cultivate everything I brewed. I have never shown positive for any gram negative or gram poisitive pathogens. I am sure that you have no idea about the science that I know or have written here and your little bit of bro science has you feeling high and mighty. Your posts in fact were not kind and with good intentions as you say... so I would have to say that you are also a liar. Carefull who you call out. That person might be a doctor with 40 years experience.

One more thing my cocky little friend. I went and looked at my records this morning and since 1988 I have made 22 gallons of gear. According to you I should have dead buddies/bodies all over the place. Where were you in 1988 when I was brewing? Another lesson for you...my gear is super sterile, and my friends and sons love it. You should google pasteurization, ozonation,autoclaving, and dry heat sterilization. Did you realize that gear contains 2 powerfull liquid chemical sterilzers as well?
And you do realize that I do not sell right? My gear is for me, my 5 sons, and many friends.Maybe when you finish the 8th grade you will get a grip on your mouth.
And exactly why did you bring phurious pharmacy into this?
Any yes it is true little timmy...big pharm does NOT filter.

Drb 1 - thrasher smasher 0.. Good to see another doc on the board drb! I'm a dentist myself and dad is a veterinarian.

Top Bottom