napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What should I major in If I'm interested in bodybuilding?

r2truth

I m in my sophomore year of college currently taking common core classes however I can't decide on my major. I love bodybuilding and I want to be a fitness, I have thought about taking exercise science, nutrition, kinesiology etc.. As my major however I don't understand how this will help become a fitness model, what do you think and what are your experiences with this?
I would love to hear from ya'll

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Well kinesiology and nutrition are what transforms our bodies so yes you want those two under your belt. Understanding why the body does what it does and what its capable of is the key to success

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Re: RE: Re: What should I major in If I'm interested in bodybuilding?

PHURIOUS said:
Well kinesiology and nutrition are what transforms our bodies so yes you want those two under your belt. Understanding why the body does what it does and what its capable of is the key to success

PHURIOUS PHARMA
Noted thanks for the reply

I would learn as much as u can. And you will kill it physically

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Re: RE: Re: What should I major in If I'm interested in bodybuilding?

PHURIOUS said:
I would learn as much as u can. And you will kill it physically

PHURIOUS PHARMA
Definitely true what really threw me off was when I found out I had to take tons Chem classes to major in that department

Makes sense. Cellular level knowledge first then anotomy and the rest

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Honestly if you are in college, you may want to look into what it is that you want to do and also take into consideration the money you can make in a career as well as what you want to do. I say this because there's really just no real money in the fitness industry. I love this lifestyle just like everyone else, but a college degree in sports nutrition, kinesiology, and anything else fitness related aren't going to do a lot for you as far as money making potential. That's just the sad reality of it. If it's your passion and what you truly want to do regardless, then by all means go for it. I just think it's important to understand the reality of things

Get a degree in the energi industry and make alot of money so you can afford this lifestyle ;) As Rick said, if you aint an elite bb etc, there is'nt any money in it..

RickRock said:
Honestly if you are in college, you may want to look into what it is that you want to do and also take into consideration the money you can make in a career as well as what you want to do. I say this because there's really just no real money in the fitness industry. I love this lifestyle just like everyone else, but a college degree in sports nutrition, kinesiology, and anything else fitness related aren't going to do a lot for you as far as money making potential. That's just the sad reality of it. If it's your passion and what you truly want to do regardless, then by all means go for it. I just think it's important to understand the reality of things
defny true, however my goal is to be a fitness model and all that knowledge would help in achieving the desired end result. my concern is how can i put my self out there,how can my work be recognized,how do i market myself, how do i get magazine covers etc..?

Rick is right on the money here. Wasting time on a degree to work in fitness is as bad as getting a degree to work at McDonalds.

r2truth said:
RickRock said:
defny true, however my goal is to be a fitness model and all that knowledge would help in achieving the desired end result. my concern is how can i put my self out there,how can my work be recognized,how do i market myself, how do i get magazine covers etc..?

That's going to be an extremely hard thing to do, and no college degree is going to help with that. That is going to be 100% based on how you look, winning shows, getting noticed, picking up sponsors, etc. then "maybe" you have a one in a thousand shot. The truth is that there are literally hundreds of thousands out there that have the same vision as you, so there is an overabundance of people trying to make it as a fitness model with only a very very small percentage of people ever making it. For those that do make it, they still don't make any money at it, unless they become household names. Guys like Jeff seid, lazar angelov, Ulysses, etc...

In no way am I telling you not to chase your dreams, but I just want you to realize that it's extremely unrealistic to ever make anything out of it. There's literally less of a chance to make it big in this lifestyle than plying professional baseball or football, and that says a lot

RickRock said:
r2truth said:
RickRock said:

That's going to be an extremely hard thing to do, and no college degree is going to help with that. That is going to be 100% based on how you look, winning shows, getting noticed, picking up sponsors, etc. then "maybe" you have a one in a thousand shot. The truth is that there are literally hundreds of thousands out there that have the same vision as you, so there is an overabundance of people trying to make it as a fitness model with only a very very small percentage of people ever making it. For those that do make it, they still don't make any money at it, unless they become household names. Guys like Jeff seid, lazar angelov, Ulysses, etc...

In no way am I telling you not to chase your dreams, but I just want you to realize that it's extremely unrealistic to ever make anything out of it. There's literally less of a chance to make it big in this lifestyle than plying professional baseball or football, and that says a lot
very helpful reply, seems like i have a lot of work to do, as of right now my main goal is to focus on my looks, as soon as i have an outstanding physique,sponsorships and getting noted will be the next step. lol i know this will take time and there will be a lot of failures and i will quit many times before getting close to success but i will devote all my energy towards this if i have to, this is my only goal in life and my purpose to be, i know i will succeed through my failures lol so i am looking forward to fail.

r2truth said:
RickRock said:
r2truth said:
RickRock said:

very helpful reply, seems like i have a lot of work to do, as of right now my main goal is to focus on my looks, as soon as i have an outstanding physique,sponsorships and getting noted will be the next step. lol i know this will take time and there will be a lot of failures and i will quit many times before getting close to success but i will devote all my energy towards this if i have to, this is my only goal in life and my purpose to be, i know i will succeed through my failures lol so i am looking forward to fail.

hey brother... well i have been through this all... i started with computer science, quickly switching to exercise science... i took kinesiology, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, got my certification to be an athletic trainer in college, biomechanics, everything... then i realized i can get all the certifications that you need to be considered elite from nasm so why would i use my major here as well and limit myself in the future OR take something like business and in my case, finance, get my degree in that but have all the certifications for everything i truly want... when do you not use finance? if you market for anything you use finance, run your own business in any field, finance, anything and everything revolves around it... a well rounded individual showing multiple talents is who will stand out to a lot and someone with a well rounded skill set... YES, you want to specialize but that's what the certifications are if you get them from the accredited places... you MUST get one from the top few for the respect from potential employers...

now, in your case your concern is fitness modeling... i modeled for 6 years, albeit as a fashion model and not so much fitness... regardless, its far beyond anything you do in college... there are no classes nor degree for that... of course understanding your diet and training etc... is essential for fitness modeling but your degree itself has nothing to do with that... if you are trying to get out on your own, then you need to know marketing, business, etc... that's what modeling is... How do you get your name and face out? you need to get noticed... you need to go to tryouts they have when they come into town for faces to be noticed and you need a good agent or manager behind you who has connections and can just get your face in front of people... it takes a lot of time and there is not much money there... the potential is what it could possibly bring in the future but don't think your getting paid much of anything... so you get on a magazine cover... great... hopefully someone somewhere takes notice but you'll be lucky to break a few thousand from that if your lucky, even a high end magazine etc... its nothing that is lucrative from that particular industry, trust me... i signed a contract right away and lived in milan... so im in europe with the best of the best and you see how hard that life is and its fun while it lasts but as you get older, even in your mid 20's etc.. you start to become "old" in their eyes... fitness is a bit different as you can get away with it a bit longer but its nothing crazy... just understand that its hard enough to get "in" with agents and when you do its a million times harder to really make much come from it... it definitely can lead to some things, don't get me wrong but you need to understand what your getting into before it begins...

DylanGemelli said:
r2truth said:
RickRock said:
r2truth said:
RickRock said:

hey brother... well i have been through this all... i started with computer science, quickly switching to exercise science... i took kinesiology, nutrition, anatomy and physiology, got my certification to be an athletic trainer in college, biomechanics, everything... then i realized i can get all the certifications that you need to be considered elite from nasm so why would i use my major here as well and limit myself in the future OR take something like business and in my case, finance, get my degree in that but have all the certifications for everything i truly want... when do you not use finance? if you market for anything you use finance, run your own business in any field, finance, anything and everything revolves around it... a well rounded individual showing multiple talents is who will stand out to a lot and someone with a well rounded skill set... YES, you want to specialize but that's what the certifications are if you get them from the accredited places... you MUST get one from the top few for the respect from potential employers...

now, in your case your concern is fitness modeling... i modeled for 6 years, albeit as a fashion model and not so much fitness... regardless, its far beyond anything you do in college... there are no classes nor degree for that... of course understanding your diet and training etc... is essential for fitness modeling but your degree itself has nothing to do with that... if you are trying to get out on your own, then you need to know marketing, business, etc... that's what modeling is... How do you get your name and face out? you need to get noticed... you need to go to tryouts they have when they come into town for faces to be noticed and you need a good agent or manager behind you who has connections and can just get your face in front of people... it takes a lot of time and there is not much money there... the potential is what it could possibly bring in the future but don't think your getting paid much of anything... so you get on a magazine cover... great... hopefully someone somewhere takes notice but you'll be lucky to break a few thousand from that if your lucky, even a high end magazine etc... its nothing that is lucrative from that particular industry, trust me... i signed a contract right away and lived in milan... so im in europe with the best of the best and you see how hard that life is and its fun while it lasts but as you get older, even in your mid 20's etc.. you start to become "old" in their eyes... fitness is a bit different as you can get away with it a bit longer but its nothing crazy... just understand that its hard enough to get "in" with agents and when you do its a million times harder to really make much come from it... it definitely can lead to some things, don't get me wrong but you need to understand what your getting into before it begins...
another great reply lol this is the reason why ar is my fav forum. this info will definitely help me with my game plan.

krill89 said:
Get a degree in the energi industry and make alot of money so you can afford this lifestyle ;) As Rick said, if you aint an elite bb etc, there is'nt any money in it..
there is defny a high demand for engineers

Two things that never stop construction and sickness. Medical field and construction

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Top Bottom