napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Weakness Challenge

sweetnspicy

Women are Different, But
I Challenge You
ALL!

Strength: We all know the fun ways that women and men differ physically, but when it comes to training women need to know their natural strengths. Woman naturally have more strength in their quadriceps. With that in mind, women need to make sure that they don’t unbalance the look of their bodies by focusing on this muscle group as much men typically do. This doesn’t mean that a woman shouldn’t train her quads, it just means that in the beginning focus should be more on the gluts and hamstrings. This will balance out the strength and not have it primarily in the quads. Once all of these muscles are balanced then it’s time to really kill it and enhance them all to get the physique that we all desire.

Weakness: What we need to remember is that being aware of our own weaknesses is even more important that being aware of our strengths. If you know where you are the weakest then you know where you need to focus most of your time and can build a program that maximizes the results you want to see. Very few of us have the time to spend all day at the gym, so we need to go in with a plan everyday if we want to reach our goals.

Now what about the woman’s natural weakness. This is never fun to point out because none of us want to appear weak in a particular area, women or men. Women have much less lean muscle mass in their upper bodies compared to men. In addition to that women have the added burden of carrying these massive things called breast around. They naturally add more weight to the top half of a woman which causes something like a pushup, a so called easy exercise for men, to be even more difficult for a woman. Knowing that this is a weakness area for a woman it makes sense then that a woman should spend more time on the exercises that increase their upper body strength than men typically do.

The interesting thing about all of this is that we seem to go to the gym and work on our strengths rather than our weaknesses. This goes for both men and women. Why do we do that? Because it’s easy and we see the results the fastest. In a typical trip to the gym most of you will find that most men spend far longer working on their upper body strength than anything else. In contrast you will typically see that women will be doing leg and core training.

My challenge: To everyone for the next month is this. Change your training. It sounds scary to change something that is so ingrained into your life, but it needs to be done. Find your weakness, whether man or woman, and build your routine around that for one month. Even though it’s only for four weeks you will see a change in your physique for the better. Now don’t go and forget about doing the training that you love, just cut back on it and shift some of that time to your weakness.

Why do I want people to do this? Because I want everyone to be and feel as great as they can and whether we like it or not when our bodies look better it leads to improved self-esteem. Not to mention, who doesn't want a sexier body? If you really want to impress all of us, take a current picture and measurements of your weakness and then after this one month challenge do the same. Let’s see who can make the most gains. I dare you!!

Great post, and I think this is a great idea. It is never a good practice to be stuck into the same routine and exercise regime for extend periods of time. The body needs to constantly be stimulated differently to encourage strength and growth. The body is always trying to adapt to any stimulus you put it under, which makes it imperative to ALWAYS overcome adaptation by changing things. That can be done a number of ways. Increasing weight, increasing reps, changing exercises, drop sets, giant sets, time under tension, etc. those are all important tools to enhancing gains

Re: RE: Weakness Challenge

sweetnspicy said:
Women are Different, But
I Challenge You
ALL!

Strength: We all know the fun ways that women and men differ physically, but when it comes to training women need to know their natural strengths. Woman naturally have more strength in their quadriceps. With that in mind, women need to make sure that they don’t unbalance the look of their bodies by focusing on this muscle group as much men typically do. This doesn’t mean that a woman shouldn’t train her quads, it just means that in the beginning focus should be more on the gluts and hamstrings. This will balance out the strength and not have it primarily in the quads. Once all of these muscles are balanced then it’s time to really kill it and enhance them all to get the physique that we all desire.

Weakness: What we need to remember is that being aware of our own weaknesses is even more important that being aware of our strengths. If you know where you are the weakest then you know where you need to focus most of your time and can build a program that maximizes the results you want to see. Very few of us have the time to spend all day at the gym, so we need to go in with a plan everyday if we want to reach our goals.

Now what about the woman’s natural weakness. This is never fun to point out because none of us want to appear weak in a particular area, women or men. Women have much less lean muscle mass in their upper bodies compared to men. In addition to that women have the added burden of carrying these massive things called breast around. They naturally add more weight to the top half of a woman which causes something like a pushup, a so called easy exercise for men, to be even more difficult for a woman. Knowing that this is a weakness area for a woman it makes sense then that a woman should spend more time on the exercises that increase their upper body strength than men typically do.

The interesting thing about all of this is that we seem to go to the gym and work on our strengths rather than our weaknesses. This goes for both men and women. Why do we do that? Because it’s easy and we see the results the fastest. In a typical trip to the gym most of you will find that most men spend far longer working on their upper body strength than anything else. In contrast you will typically see that women will be doing leg and core training.

My challenge: To everyone for the next month is this. Change your training. It sounds scary to change something that is so ingrained into your life, but it needs to be done. Find your weakness, whether man or woman, and build your routine around that for one month. Even though it’s only for four weeks you will see a change in your physique for the better. Now don’t go and forget about doing the training that you love, just cut back on it and shift some of that time to your weakness.

Why do I want people to do this? Because I want everyone to be and feel as great as they can and whether we like it or not when our bodies look better it leads to improved self-esteem. Not to mention, who doesn't want a sexier body? If you really want to impress all of us, take a current picture and measurements of your weakness and then after this one month challenge do the same. Let’s see who can make the most gains. I dare you!!
This is great advice for any woman coming to this board looking for help.

I usually always change my routine up every 6 weeks or so or anytime I stall work my gains. Mixing things up is a great practice.

Good post for sure. I like it. Lots of times, we get stuck in the same old routine. I'm gonna mix it up good this coming week. ;)

NOT ONLY is this SPOT ON but its a mode of practice I preach and encourage daily... I don't ever allow my clients to do the same types of things without changing and challenging... adaptation to stimulus occurs far too often and its not a good thing whatsoever... not only is it detrimental to gains but on the mind as well because you begin to think you cannot do anything else but what you are stuck in... even foods need to be alternated etc... you NEVER want your body to adapt and not respond... you want constant growth in ALL aspects... VERY nice post and a true asset and benefit to EVERYONE...

Great post.. Women are very different, thank GOD too... Damn, I love women

But you made allot of great points and hopefully some of the other females that join can challenge themselves in this regard.

Working where you are weak is extremely important, but in most cases you will find that areas of weakness actually become some of your greatest strengths.

Top Bottom