napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Quinoa

C

cbbram00

I just bought my first 1 lb bag of quinoa... $12!!!

ac044e85d5132b5b3496c00bfc7ab77b.jpg

NICE!!!!!! I only use bobs red mill... that is the very best brand and you will LOVE the way quinoa works bro... it is so good for you... one of the cleanest carbs you can use

Just ate for my 8am meal. I'm very pleased with it. My initial reaction was this isn't as tasty as rice but I added some crushed red pepper and it was very delicious and I don't feel overly full.

Re: RE: Re: Quinoa

cbbram said:
Just ate for my 8am meal. I'm very pleased with it. My initial reaction was this isn't as tasty as rice but I added some crushed red pepper and it was very delicious and I don't feel overly full.
That's good to hear. I'm considering some quinoa just to add a little more variety to my carb intake

I have been eating it for years. I buy it in bulk, and get it way cheaper than Bob's. You can cook it in half water half tomato sauce and add some chili powder. You can saute some onion and green peppers and shrimp and dump the quin into it, then add some tomato paste and water. It is very versatile

drb_iac said:
I have been eating it for years. I buy it in bulk, and get it way cheaper than Bob's. You can cook it in half water half tomato sauce and add some chili powder. You can saute some onion and green peppers and shrimp and dump the quin into it, then add some tomato paste and water. It is very versatile
Thanks for the tip!

cbbram said:

that's one of the things i love about it... it doesn't make you fel full and bloated, digests well and really gives a lot of extra protein... its an extremely clean carb and it goes with damn near anything... try some parsley, garlic powder and crushed red pepper on it... not a lot of any of them but try that... it also goes extremely well with eggs too bro...

I saw a video on YouTube where someone mixed brown rice, quinoa, and couscous. Gonna have to try it...

I checked out what I pay , and it is around $5/lb. I don't eat carbs like bread, pasta ,rice or potatoes, so quinoa, oats, barely, millet and one of my favs .. bulgar wheat, make up my carb intake. Millet is very close to quin, and fairly cheap, but not as high in protein. I think you can get pretty good deals at Amazon.

drb_iac said:
I checked out what I pay , and it is around $5/lb. I don't eat carbs like bread, pasta ,rice or potatoes, so quinoa, oats, barely, millet and one of my favs .. bulgar wheat, make up my carb intake. Millet is very close to quin, and fairly cheap, but not as high in protein. I think you can get pretty good deals at Amazon.
Yeah a buddy I work with said you can buy by the lb at Whole Foods and it's around $5 a lb...

Bulgar wheat, red quinoa, snap beans, and chipotle chicken breast tenders...

cd91a5a5db5a4779784c90b4d8cffcc4.jpg

Top Bottom