napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

My thoughts/ My goals

44YOGearHead

So I pound out all this weight and shit and I constantly ache...
Body aches are nothing new I deal with them and have been for a long time.
So here's my list of goals I've smashed:
1. Be told I'm built like a cartoon character... happened a few times
2. Bench 500+
3. Get non typical black guy calves

List of desired goals:
1. Bigger(ererer) legs and calves
2. 23" arms
3. Fuller lats and sweep. More detail in back.
4. To be able to overcome knee pain so I can squat again
5. Train smarter in order to balance my physique better

I think since I'm turning old af this month I should focus my energies more as tearing my bicep even mildly sucks donkey balls. So slightly less weights used and more volume is the new thing for 44. Thoughts?

So I pound out all this weight and shit and I constantly ache...
Body aches are nothing new I deal with them and have been for a long time.
So here's my list of goals I've smashed:
1. Be told I'm built like a cartoon character... happened a few times
2. Bench 500+
3. Get non typical black guy calves

List of desired goals:
1. Bigger(ererer) legs and calves
2. 23" arms
3. Fuller lats and sweep. More detail in back.
4. To be able to overcome knee pain so I can squat again
5. Train smarter in order to balance my physique better

I think since I'm turning old af this month I should focus my energies more as tearing my bicep even mildly sucks donkey balls. So slightly less weights used and more volume is the new thing for 44. Thoughts?

Right there is your Key Bro... and dial in the diet ... and the New and improved 44 will emerge!! lol sounds like wisdoms kicking in

Right there is your Key Bro... and dial in the diet ... and the New and improved 44 will emerge!! lol sounds like wisdoms kicking in

Or the oxycodone is wearing off. Trained whole body yesterday working out some anger in the gym and I'm sore and my bicep is aching like a SOB. I wanted to push some limits and I spent 3 hours in there going ham.

I'm with you on #1. Developing my legs is non stop work. Strength comes easy but size does not. Fucking genetics

Well my calves haven't grown since like 10th grade no matter what reps or weight I used. So that my friend is probably just what your stuck with unless you get some rich piana injections in those bad boys. Other than that age does catch up to you and sometimes lowering the weight and building back up with more reps or sets can increase your max. I did 5x5's for about a month and my incline went way up. So that's an option. But your a beast either way and know what works for you so just eat those pain pills and get after it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes #5 is a winner. I mean damn bro you were curling the 95's as part of your routine! Your a proven beast And built like a brick shit house (a compliment). You can lighten it up and attack it differently. You continue to be a inspiration. Use all that knowledge and grit and tear it up because I can tell you the body doesn't respond as kindly as we age.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This^^^ It all comes down to longevity bro. How much longer do you want to stay active in this unforgiving sport/activity? I started guarding myself from injury when i was in my forties because I knew I was in it for the long haul. I turn 56 next month and can still squat a respectable 315lb to parallel

Dude I feel you on the getting older thing. I'll be 43 next month, and I just recently had to switch my training up. Instead of the hard and heavy high intensity stuff I do, I'm doing more volume work now. My body is just so fucking beat up right now, and my back is really fucked and I can't quite get it right. Come hell or high water I'll still find a way to give it my all and grow though. No doubt about it

Yeah I'm just pondering it all and it's like learning an entirely new language. Heavy af is a series of grunts and facial expressions and now I have to learn Mandarin. Wtf?
I have very little patience in regards to EVERYTHING so trying to relearn something so embedded is gonna be weird. Even slightly broken I'm repping 315 so I'll condemn myself to that weight I suppose. Arm curls will be either 60's or 70's which is depressing ☹️. At one point my powerlifting bro and I were hammer curling 105 clean for 8-10, but now I'm concerned with lame injuries. Fuck...
I'm just hoping that this shit still allows me to reach my goals. I need size. No other option exists to me. Bigger legs, bigger thicker back, I'd like to harden up a bit without a big diet change and am thinking primo might be the ticket considering tren leans me out almost uncontrollably. I just hate primo is so fucking pricey. Maybe I'll just buy some raws and get it brewed up... FML

Yeah I'm just pondering it all and it's like learning an entirely new language. Heavy af is a series of grunts and facial expressions and now I have to learn Mandarin. Wtf?
I have very little patience in regards to EVERYTHING so trying to relearn something so embedded is gonna be weird. Even slightly broken I'm repping 315 so I'll condemn myself to that weight I suppose. Arm curls will be either 60's or 70's which is depressing ☹️. At one point my powerlifting bro and I were hammer curling 105 clean for 8-10, but now I'm concerned with lame injuries. Fuck...
I'm just hoping that this shit still allows me to reach my goals. I need size. No other option exists to me. Bigger legs, bigger thicker back, I'd like to harden up a bit without a big diet change and am thinking primo might be the ticket considering tren leans me out almost uncontrollably. I just hate primo is so fucking pricey. Maybe I'll just buy some raws and get it brewed up... FML

Well as someone who is 56 I can tell you that the having very little patience thing doesn't improve! What I have found helpful is varying my reps from workout to workout. It's a long time since I could go heavy every time I hit the gym.

I just don't seem able to get my leg strength back but paradoxically some lifts like close grip bench press and bent over rows are better than ever. As for the calves they never fucking improved even decades ago!

I will still improve though, no doubt about it. I wish I knew what I know now ten years ago.

You have that ten years on me, you will make big improvements.

Top Bottom