napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Helpful tips for meal prepping

jag85

I thought I'd write a thread on some things that work for me that might be helpful to noobs when it comes to meal prepping.

1. Prep your meals on Sundays enough to cover you until Thursday. I find it difficult to eat chicken on Saturday that was prepped the previous Sunday. If you have left overs in your fridge, use them. I don't know about you guys but I hate wasting food.

2. Stick to your basics ex: chicken, broccoli, asparagus, rice. This is a huge money saver. Stay away from buying shit that is already pre cut, it's more money and honestly how long does it take to cut broccoli?

3. Use different seasonings on each chicken breast to make it easier to eat throughout the day. Bake them together on a flat pan. I use these seasonings.
055b5af504dea6419929d8b21962798f.jpg

4. I find it very difficult to finish every meal if I drink anything other than water. I'm not sure if sugar has anything to do with feeling full but I know that It becomes harder to eat after a few sips. If you're on a cycle, water should be your main source to help detox your liver and reduce acne.

5. Invest in topper wear and a meal prep bag. Makes everything so much easier to carry. I bought this bag from Amazon for $27 and it came with topper wear for it.
bb3839380e217c64fbb5f9eab2501810.jpg

ca0efe5346cee1e47d19fcfcb3c49182.jpg

6. I use an app to track my calories/protein/fats called "bulk up." It was $3 but worth it. It scans just about anything and let's you put your stats and goals. I found this one to be the one that works best for me.
1a333de9961da3d41f4ad19c89658334.png

Those are the tips I can think of now. I hope some of that was helpful and hopefully others can contribute good advice and what works for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I cook 15.5lbs of meat every Sunday. This lasts us until the next Sunday at least. It is good in the fridge for 7 days so you do not have to worry about it spoiling.

One thing that we do for our meat is when it is approaching the 7th day and you still have food in the fridge that is not going to be eaten. Get ziploc sandwich bags and portion out each sandwich bag 6-8 ounces then you can freeze. The following weeks that you come up short on your meats you can take 1 or 2 of those out of the freezer, dump them in a tupperware and heat them up and they are ready to go.

That sounds good I think I'll incorporate your method. Thanks! [emoji106]

Nice tips. i have been prepping one meal at a time. Pain in the ass.

I see the utility of the Tupperware.

I recently bought one of those food saver vacuum systems. Really does create quite a vacuum. Not sure if I needed it as Tupperware likely does the same thing as far as keeping fresh.

Anybody use a Food Saver and for what purpose, freezing, refrig storage.

Oh yes after the initial supply of free bags they get a bit pricey.

Yeah that sounds expensive. How long are you saving your food?

Thanks for sharing. My wife and I meal prep on Sunday as well. I travel for work regularly, once I arrive I go to the grocery store to buy food and Tupperware. I really like that bag as I think it would be perfect for traveling. Sure would beat carry Tupperware in plastic bags around the airport and sales meetings.

Excellent post bro! I prep all of my food on two different days per week myself, Sunday being one of them. I incorporate a lot of the same principles you talked about here with seasonings, Tupperware, etc as well

Very valuable info for getting your meals prepped and structured correctly in an efficient way each week

Excellent post bro! I prep all of my food on two different days per week myself, Sunday being one of them. I incorporate a lot of the same principles you talked about here with seasonings, Tupperware, etc as well

Very valuable info for getting your meals prepped and structured correctly in an efficient way each week

Awesome to hear! [emoji106] thanks for the feedback.

Yeah that sounds expensive. How long are you saving your food?

Really only a few days. Never a week or more. Got the Food saver on Amazon at great price. Just not sure I need it. i just a minute ago placed an order for 30 piece set of Rubbermaid storage containers . At $20 I thought I would jump on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-E...507294062&sr=1-4&keywords=tupperware+set&th=1

In the past have used just a piece of plastic wrap. That is getting old quickly.

So you pre cook your rice and veggies as well not just the meat??

Really only a few days. Never a week or more. Got the Food saver on Amazon at great price. Just not sure I need it. i just a minute ago placed an order for 30 piece set of Rubbermaid storage containers . At $20 I thought I would jump on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-E...507294062&sr=1-4&keywords=tupperware+set&th=1

In the past have used just a piece of plastic wrap. That is getting old quickly.

So you pre cook your rice and veggies as well not just the meat??

Yeah rice and vegetables too.

Top Bottom