napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Can someone get massive using moderately heavy weight?

44YOGearHead

So this is what the hell I'm wondering and I'll be as detailed as possible.

Can someone get big/bigger and detailed using these weights:
Lat Pull Downs: 315lbs 4x10
Seated Rows: 315lbs 4x10
1 Arm Pull Downs: 135lbs 4x10
Bent Over Rows: Three 45's (on bar stuck in corner type)

Leg Extensions: 200-250 reps w/ stack
Standing Hammy Curls: 115lbs per leg 6x10
Stiff Deads: 185lbs (bad back) 5x10
DB Lunges: 60lb DBs 100m

Bench Press: 315lbs 6x10
Incline Benck: 315lbs 4x10
Cable Flyes: 70lbs per side 5x10
Weighted Dips: 250lbs 4x10

Iso Curls: 50-60lbs 6x10
BB Curls: 135lbs 5x10
Preacher Curls: 70lb DB 4x10

BB Shrugs: 450lbs 4x10
Side/Rear/Front Laterals: 40lb DB 4 sets each
--------------------
What compounds do you think I need to run and what dosages. Remember it's me so don't be afraid of the dosages

10 grams....of whatever

lol I actually blended all my gear to prevent me from doing something insane like that. Seriously though do you think if I were to use those weights I could stimulate some growth and detail? Maybe up the rep range? Today I don't feel like a lil tiny fucker so I'm curious as to how I can grow in details more so than in girth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u lift to failure I don't see why not..it's all about wearing that muscle out so it'll repair/regrow back bigger/stronger.
I believe the actual weight is a small factor..it'll just take longer to overload the muscle

Kai Greene is a great example of someone who has gotten to the top of the elite, without going heavy all the time. If you watch his training videos hes much more into the mind muscle connection, the eccentric stretch, and the concentric peak, than he is the amount of weight hes moving.

He got his gainz from Grapefruit... lol Kai and that zen shit is a crock. He talks normal af and does that for image I suspect. It takes him 12 minutes just to say 'Hello'. I stay within those ranges, I warm up with 225 then just up to 315 on all benches and I make sure to train till ugly face level 3 is achieved easily. I ask what I ask because I normally lift heavy as hell and this weight mentioned isn't that much. but I think it's enough to do what's necessary with the proper rep ranges.

Super set that shit

I started super setting shit and after each workout I am drained to exhaustion and hungry af.

its a fine line brother... it takes every possible way of lifting to get massive... heavy, moderate, volume, eccentric etc... you just never rely on one alone... i do every fucking thing known to man and that has put me in a far different position... we ALL find ourselves getting into routines or maybe not feeling it certain days, and before you know it, you fall into a trap... i honestly focus every single day, whether i feel good or not, on figuring out how to improve and implement new things...

My personal belief is you need to lift as heavy as you can while staying in the hypertrophy range to initiate growth...then you throw in progressive overload on top of that. Always increase the load in terms of either reps or weight while staying in that hypertrophy range of 8-12 reps. To me that's how the magic happens. Now, you can also make a not so heavy writ be much more heavy by really focusing on form and time under tension too....slow controlled negatives, etc...

That's basically the way I train in a nutshell

its a fine line brother... it takes every possible way of lifting to get massive... heavy, moderate, volume, eccentric etc... you just never rely on one alone... i do every fucking thing known to man and that has put me in a far different position... we ALL find ourselves getting into routines or maybe not feeling it certain days, and before you know it, you fall into a trap... i honestly focus every single day, whether i feel good or not, on figuring out how to improve and implement new things...

I never have an off day in the gym so to speak. I might get only a few hours of sleep and yet I recognize that I need to make the training count and rest and feed afterwards. With mu 2 on 1off I'm only training M,T, TH and FRI so there's no such thing as fatigue anymore. I was just wondering if I stick with weight like that and vary things here and there if I can still manage to make good gains. I think the answer is yes as long as I mix it up, vary reps, set and exercises as I'm basically trying to make this pop where they were just Meh before. For back alone I've added a few exercises aimed at bringing in details and extra lumps and am seeing it. Unfortunately my dumb ass made the mistake of combining all my gear so I am basically dependent upon caber for a minute... why the fuck I did that I'll never know lol.

My personal belief is you need to lift as heavy as you can while staying in the hypertrophy range to initiate growth...then you throw in progressive overload on top of that. Always increase the load in terms of either reps or weight while staying in that hypertrophy range of 8-12 reps. To me that's how the magic happens. Now, you can also make a not so heavy writ be much more heavy by really focusing on form and time under tension too....slow controlled negatives, etc...

That's basically the way I train in a nutshell

Definitely doing all of that now, but everyone keeps asking me if I'm prepping for a show which I am getting leaner and that's fine but what I'm taking is stagnating additional growth so I'm on a maintain what I have and shed some bf% type routine which although I like the compliments is counterproductive in a sense. Can't bulk while cutting, cant cut while bulking so I wanna keep what I have now minus about 6 pounds of body fat distributed around my body (guesstimate). My abs are somewhat distended from the additional flatulence as well and whewww the gas is something special indeed lol.

According to a lot of actual data, you need to use at least 60-65% of your 1RM to produce overload, anywhere up to 85% of your 1 RM should be good.

So as long as those amounts of weight fall within the given % and you lift in a rep range that produces overload, you should grow given everything else is on point, which knowing you its gotta be.

Have you ever tracked your workouts and then made sure each week you were adding a bit more weight or more sets or anything?
It might be worth a try if your feeling stuck. To get different results you have to try different shit!

Your Mike Israetel research is showing!

lol I actually blended all my gear to prevent me from doing something insane like that. Seriously though do you think if I were to use those weights I could stimulate some growth and detail? Maybe up the rep range? Today I don't feel like a lil tiny fucker so I'm curious as to how I can grow in details more so than in girth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes absolutely. With focus on squeeze and eccentric contraction and hitting failure. I think you'll notice a big difference. Slin, tren, test, EQ, winstrol. Only you know your doses.

So this is what the hell I'm wondering and I'll be as detailed as possible.

Can someone get big/bigger and detailed using these weights:
Lat Pull Downs: 315lbs 4x10
Seated Rows: 315lbs 4x10
1 Arm Pull Downs: 135lbs 4x10
Bent Over Rows: Three 45's (on bar stuck in corner type)

Leg Extensions: 200-250 reps w/ stack
Standing Hammy Curls: 115lbs per leg 6x10
Stiff Deads: 185lbs (bad back) 5x10
DB Lunges: 60lb DBs 100m

Bench Press: 315lbs 6x10
Incline Benck: 315lbs 4x10
Cable Flyes: 70lbs per side 5x10
Weighted Dips: 250lbs 4x10

Iso Curls: 50-60lbs 6x10
BB Curls: 135lbs 5x10
Preacher Curls: 70lb DB 4x10

BB Shrugs: 450lbs 4x10
Side/Rear/Front Laterals: 40lb DB 4 sets each
--------------------
What compounds do you think I need to run and what dosages. Remember it's me so don't be afraid of the dosages

CHRIST!!!! Fucking right bro

I'm surprised he said only 10 grams....

CHRIST!!!! Fucking right bro

I'm surprised he said only 10 grams....

I haven't pinned grams of gear in a while bro. I'd mention a weekly total but I ain't telling on myself lol. So you think I'd need to run heavier dosages and up my calories to grow with what I listed as exercises?

Well I am far from an expert.... but everything ive learned food+ killer routine= GAINZZZZZ!!!! I know how you run your gear so that's up to you bro.

Top Bottom