napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Calorie/macro counting

Jonc316 said:
Interested to know who here counts their calories and macros and who doesnt and your thoughts behind it

I think counting calories and macros are crucial for everyone until you Really Know your own body and have a good handle on your diet to know it like the back of your hand without counting. I counted everything religiously for about 4 years, until I knew everything in my head about what I was taking in. A lot of people guess on things and end up way off of what the actual target should be. That's why I strongly encourage weighing, measuring, and tracking everything

Macros changed my nutrition. My diet is honed in, not boring and the results are awesome.
The best approach I have taken.

Jonc316 said:
Interested to know who here counts their calories and macros and who doesnt and your thoughts behind it

if your not counting your macros and calories then how do you know anything about your diet and your body in general? of course everyone should do that whether training or not... this ensures no overuse nor deficiencies and teaches you how your body reacts to certain stimulus... you can easily learn all about your body this way, ensure it is in top notch health and also learn what works and what does not as you expand your knowledge base into diet in general... its IMPERATIVE to do this bro... ive been doing this since high school...

Jonc316 said:

there are some apps for phones out there like My fitness pal that can help you keep track of stuff throughout the day if you need

SpikedEggnog said:
Jonc316 said:

there are some apps for phones out there like My fitness pal that can help you keep track of stuff throughout the day if you need

There are some online macro calculators that can help you figure out your baseline calorie and macros based on your goals. Once you get familiar with how your body handles carbs, fats, and proteins you can adjust the %s but I recommend starting at the baseline for control purposes. If your not used to watching macros you may be surprised how your body actually responds vs our own presumptions.

You can go into the "Goals" section in My Fitness Pal and your daily targets.

If you're interested in body building & fitness on any level, counting calories and macros is critical as others have already mentioned. I have spreadsheets for mine. I know it sounds nerdy, but doing this has allowed me to learn SO MUCH about my body over the past few years.

Now if you're really not serious, and there are TONS of people in this world who aren't, then don't worry about it. Just eat whole fruits, fresh vegetables and lean meats in moderation and call it good. You're not going to get great results this way. But you'll be more healthy than your average Joe out there eating themselves into the grave one meal at a time. It's your life, so do whatever you choose. But the fact that you're here at AdrenalineRush tells me that you're probably more serious about your health than most people. ;)

Re: RE: Re: Calorie/macro counting

MrChristian said:
If you're interested in body building & fitness on any level, counting calories and macros is critical as others have already mentioned. I have spreadsheets for mine. I know it sounds nerdy, but doing this has allowed me to learn SO MUCH about my body over the past few years.

Now if you're really not serious, and there are TONS of people in this world who aren't, then don't worry about it. Just eat whole fruits, fresh vegetables and lean meats in moderation and call it good. You're not going to get great results this way. But you'll be more healthy than your average Joe out there eating themselves into the grave one meal at a time. It's your life, so do whatever you choose. But the fact that you're here at AdrenalineRush tells me that you're probably more serious about your health than most people. ;)
What do you use to track your calories and macros? I'm not really feeling the my fitness pal app. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I still need to buy a food scale. Rome wasn't built in a day, I guess I just need a little patience.

cbbram said:
MrChristian said:

What do you use to track your calories and macros? I'm not really feeling the my fitness pal app. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance. I still need to buy a food scale. Rome wasn't built in a day, I guess I just need a little patience.

Hey there cbbram. You might have already seen what I do to track my macros. It's that whole spreadsheet craziness in the "Clean Bulking Diet" thread.
http://www.adrenalinerushforums.com/vie ... iet#p16153

The spreadsheet method works well for me because I eat the same exact thing every day. So I don't need a phone app for entering stuff that I eat on a daily basis, since nothing ever changes. Clearly this method isn't for everyone. :)

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Calorie/macro counting

MrChristian said:
cbbram said:
MrChristian said:

Hey there cbbram. You've might have already seen what I do to track my macros. It's that whole spreadsheet craziness in the "Clean Bulking Diet" thread.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1387&p=16153&hilit=clean+bulking+diet#p16153

The spreadsheet method works well for me because I eat the same exact thing every day. So I don't need a phone app for entering stuff that I eat on a daily basis, since nothing ever changes. Clearly this method isn't for everyone. :)
Lol... Yeah I've seen it... Impressive

I'm thinking of doing the same thing... I just haven't quite "dialed it in" yet but I'm trying...

I've come to realize working out is the easy part.

My fitness pal worked really well for me when I still needed to count calories. I felt it was the most helpful and user friendly app out there for macro tracking

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Calorie/macro counting

cbbram said:
MrChristian said:
cbbram said:
MrChristian said:

Hey there cbbram. You've might have already seen what I do to track my macros. It's that whole spreadsheet craziness in the "Clean Bulking Diet" thread.
http://www.adrenalinerushforums.com/vie ... iet#p16153

Lol... Yeah I've seen it... Impressive

I'm thinking of doing the same thing... I just haven't quite "dialed it in" yet but I'm trying...

I've come to realize working out is the easy part.

That is the absolute truth!

cbbram said:
MrChristian said:

the online my fitness pal app is better imo. the one on the phone is kind of weird

My Fitness Pal is great but you have to customize your GOALS and monitor the NUTRITION section for Macro %'s. You just have to know how to use it.

Guys i am 5 ' 7 , 175 pounds ,10 % bf, i've been counting calories for since i started bodybuilding 2 years ago im just 19 years old and my macros are 40/40/20 .. i guess i;ve gotten lean enough but im facing one problem , my lower belly fat ..i mean my body fat is 10 percent and my first 4 abs are out its just my lower belly that isn't going away for some reason im doing alot of lower ab movements with weight and without , im not doing cardio for almost a month now but even when i was doing cardio it wasnt going away , im natural just using a little bit of supplements when im bulking proteins and creatines and when im cutting protein and pre workouts , but that lower belly doesnt seem to go away neither to my physique is getting hard .. it feels like it has water if u know what i mean,, but i look lean and my abs show , i was once very overweighted ... GUYS ANY SUGGESTIONS .. IM THINKING TO USE FAT BURNERS LIKE , hydroxicut and cla and l-carnitine , together for 2 months .. if you guys have any other solution i would be thankful !!!!

Honda said:
Guys i am 5 ' 7 , 175 pounds ,10 % bf, i've been counting calories for since i started bodybuilding 2 years ago im just 19 years old and my macros are 40/40/20 .. i guess i;ve gotten lean enough but im facing one problem , my lower belly fat ..i mean my body fat is 10 percent and my first 4 abs are out its just my lower belly that isn't going away for some reason im doing alot of lower ab movements with weight and without , im not doing cardio for almost a month now but even when i was doing cardio it wasnt going away , im natural just using a little bit of supplements when im bulking proteins and creatines and when im cutting protein and pre workouts , but that lower belly doesnt seem to go away neither to my physique is getting hard .. it feels like it has water if u know what i mean,, but i look lean and my abs show , i was once very overweighted ... GUYS ANY SUGGESTIONS .. IM THINKING TO USE FAT BURNERS LIKE , hydroxicut and cla and l-carnitine , together for 2 months .. if you guys have any other solution i would be thankful !!!!

this comes down to cardio, type and diet... they all have to coincide... try gw-501516 not only for fat burning but performance enhancement... you will get the best of both and they will work together and help in obtaining the desired results... you can definitely do this bro but it takes a lot of effort as that is the main problem spot for everyone and that hardest area to develop...

Top Bottom