napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Comparative Protein Analysis

soundscapes000

In efforts of diversifying my protein sources, any comments on what mixture of proteins makes the best protein intake profile for body building and sarms progress? This is irrespective of the quality inbetween particular brands, although recommendations (such as Dylan's for www.truenutrition.com) are good.

Currently, here are my sources:
  • Whey Protein
  • Whey Protein Isolates
  • Soy Protein Isolates
  • Egg White Protein
  • Pea Protein
  • Milk Protein
  • Casein Protein (before bed)

In efforts of diversifying my protein sources, any comments on what mixture of proteins makes the best protein intake profile for body building and sarms progress? This is irrespective of the quality inbetween particular brands, although recommendations (such as Dylan's for www.truenutrition.com) are good.

• Whey Protein
  • Whey Protein Isolates
  • Soy Protein Isolates
  • Egg White Protein
  • Pea Protein
  • Milk Protein

when i make my blends, i got with 1/3 isolate, 1/3 casein and 1/3 whey concentrate

egg protein will be FILLED with sodium... soy protein is definitely something to avoid and generally all of these are a form of milk protein except the pea and soy... www.truenutrition.com will allow you to design your own blend

MHP ISOPRIME BEEF.... A bit high in sodium but a fairly "clean" ingredient list...
Basically it's gelatin powder..nice tasting.
Funny because I don't eat red meat but I really do well on this protein
I've had some digestive issues and this protein doesn't set it off
I used to use hyrdolyzed iso whey post work out until my stomach issues popped up

• Whey Protein
  • Whey Protein Isolates
  • Soy Protein Isolates
  • Egg White Protein
  • Pea Protein
  • Milk Protein

I use powders and bars only when in a rush. I can tell you that drb does not touch them. His protein is from quarts of eggwhite, whole eggs, legumes (red beans are best), can chicken,fresh chicken,fresh slabs of salmon, home made greek yougurt, and numerous cans of tuna. If he is in a hurry he will mix half a quart eggwhite with a half quart grapefruit juice. I will use casein/whey combo.

It is good to keep in mind that there are ratings for how efficient your body assimilates the different proteins. Leather has lots of protein but you would shit out and get little protein. The best protein for assimilation are eggwhite, fish dairy

OP don't over complicate things...powdered protein is just that...no more no less...absorption rates/timing....blah blah blah!

Whey protein is a SUPPLEMENT...meaning it SUPPLEMENTS what you can't get from WHOLE food protein sources.
Granted, it is VERY convenient, but try to get your protein from SOLID sources when possible.

I think you might be overthinking a bit. Just try to get as much as you can from whole clean and lean protein sources, and hit a shake when you have to. I don't get into all the different fancy stuff. I use a whey protein blend for post workout and that's the only one I do

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I am learning to try to eat more protein per meal rather than rely on shakes in between. Had 2 bloods in a row last yr that showed low protein while using EAS 100% whey and a couple others three times daily between four regular meals. No more of this 25-30g at a time for me, I'll eat 40g and drop 2shakes. I had a whey shake right before a blood test and come up low protein-tells me it's overrated. We know food works.

Last edited:
as pointed out... powders are a supplement, which means they are supplemented as an extra to your main sources, which clearly should be coming from food... whey is great for someone like me who can't eat huge meals but i never depend nor rely on it... its a great way to get in a nice extra amount of protein each day for sure but it should never be a primary source... just a supplemental one... so you get in 80% of your protein from food but need some extra for your goals, whey is great... its a nice addition but in moderation...

Top Bottom