napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Laser Hair Removal...Who's Done It?

HouTx76

Had the 1st session today. I hate body hair, its gross. Ever since I was a teenager. The problem with shaving was that I have sensitive skin and when the hair grew back, it hurt like hell and the skin and hair follicles would get rashy and irritated, it sucked bad. So I found a local place, $1500 for the whole body deal, 6 sessions and the warranty if it grows back. Pretty painless, but then again, I don't mind needles, tattoos and other painful things. Kind of felt like getting Freon on your skin, really cold, slight burn.

I am a fan.

Although, there is something curiously delightful about a fairly attractive woman who is a complete stranger, shaving your ass cheeks and pube line in preparation for the laser........

Then mentions she can tell you workout and that she recently broke up with her boyfriend

Sounds like she is wanting it to me lol.

Someday when I have some extra money and nothing else to really spend it on, I'll go get my body done 100% I don't mind the hair but is much more attractive when all cleaned up.

After you complete all the sessions, does the hair not ever grow back?

That is what they explained to me. It takes several sessions to basically kill the follicle so the hair doesn't come back, and if it does, they do it over. My wife got this for me as a birthday gift (maybe she is trying to tell me something). I would be delighted if the hair never grew back, I hate it. She even did right under my chin, the neck area where I get really bad razor burn. They will do everything she said, pube farm and all. Although I don't think they do nuts, and I wouldn't want that thing on them. Did the upper body today, next time the lower, from the belly button down.

It seems like it burns the hair to the point where it just falls out, you have to shave before the treatment because the laser needs to be close to the follicle as possible.

They can't go over tattoos though, they have to go around them.

That is what they explained to me. It takes several sessions to basically kill the follicle so the hair doesn't come back, and if it does, they do it over. My wife got this for me as a birthday gift (maybe she is trying to tell me something). I would be delighted if the hair never grew back, I hate it. She even did right under my chin, the neck area where I get really bad razor burn. They will do everything she said, pube farm and all. Although I don't think they do nuts, and I wouldn't want that thing on them. Did the upper body today, next time the lower, from the belly button down.

It seems like it burns the hair to the point where it just falls out, you have to shave before the treatment because the laser needs to be close to the follicle as possible.

They can't go over tattoos though, they have to go around them.

Sounds good to me. I'm not a Gorilla and can basically shave any of the areas I have. But it does sound pretty good for someone that has fur! LOL

what laser did they use? i've only done it on my face and it stings a bit. i also got 6 sessions, but as for it not growing back that's not really true. 6 sessions is pretty good but that's going to do about 80% you'll have to have touchups occasionally most likely. i'm often been curious about HGH use with it, wouldn't that help regenerate the follicle making the treatment useless?

I've also been thinking about doing this. Are there any risks with a Groupon or can any place with a few hair removal lasers do it?
(I just had my chest and abs waxed yesterday and made the decision on the waxing table to get laser done)

I do laser hair removal. I had a really hairy back and shoulders which I always hated even when before I was into being fit. Basically I now do my entire torso and upper arms.

As for it never growing back, no, that's not really true. It depends on any number of factors:

(1) How hairy you were to begin with.

(2) Hormones. Well, there's something to think about...

That's not to say it's not effective. I have had about 15 treatments on my back (yes, I was very hairy) and now I am pretty much hairless. I get it touched up twice a year.

I have had about 8 treatments on my chest and stomach and the hair regrowth is noticeably sparser and thinner. I'm expecting to have similar results to my back after about 15 treatments. Again, I was very hairy.

It has cost me a bit but I don't regret it at all, especially my back.

Duff, I figured that would be the case. Permanent seems like a pretty far stretch. Then they said that is what the warranty was for, you pay only 10% of the original price for that particular area (which after the math, is VERY reasonable). I was curious about the HGH/Hormone thing as well....the stuff we are on, wouldn't that encourage regrowth? The question was in my mind, but of course I wasn't going to ask. I'd have to recheck what kind of laser it was though. She did under my chin where I hate shaving because its a really sensitive area and yea, it burned a little bit there as compared to the rest of my upper body.

Fish, the Groupon? I know they are out there and I wouldn't see an issue with it as long as the clinic/spa is the one participating. I would call first... But I would definitely do this over waxing, screw that.

Aussie, I've always hated hair body also, even before being into fitness. I have course hair, not a gorilla, but enough hair to dislike it. Shaving hurts and it sucks so I figured I'd give this a shot. Hopefully all is good with it. The hormone thing, yes, it crossed my mind.....

@TheFish i used a groupon myself, different places use diff lasers. BUT i would strongly recommend going to the place and asking if they can do a test spot before you commit. you can get hypo or hyperpigmentation or even scarring. this depends on if it's done right and your skin type etc. i was terrified of having dark spots or scarring since i did mine on my face, so i went to a place and they did a test spot on the back of my neck and once i saw my skin did fine, i went ahead with the whole thing.

and yeh HouTx, the price you paid is good, the places around here don't charge you with the lifetime package.

I've had a few professional sessions done myself, twice on my full upper body including arms. I have completely manscaped by razor for over a decade every day and I find it looks/feels a hell of a lot cleaner (I'm a fairly hairy person, otherwise). I did get a Tria as a gift and have used it on my chest and back a few times as well. It does seem to slow hair growth down, but of course not near as efficient as a professional. That does get pricey in a hurry if you want it to be permanent and you have a lot of hair to get rid of!!!

They do grow back. Less, but still. You need to repeat this treatment once a year or two..

Top Bottom