napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Anti-Depressants and Lack of Libido

hardtoget

So I've been on Lexapro (Escitalopram) for over a year now at 10mg. I tried weaning off the drug several months back but the withdrawal symptoms were horrible. This time I'm doing an extreme taper of dropping 2.5mg/month, might do more gradual than that if I can get prescribed the liquid version. Escitalopram takes a beating on my libido and the only scientific explanation I can come up with (even while on TRT) is that with any SSRI medication, the body increases Serotonin levels and decreases Dopamine levels. My libido is slowly coming back while tapering, just trying to understand why this really is the case.

Lexapro made me a sexual tyrannosaurs in my early 20s. Interesting how it works differently with different people.

I was on zoloft for a lil while. Couldn't cum for the life of me. Then i realized it was that. I dropped that shit like a bad habit.

i tried taking some anti depressants one time but it made me feel loopy as crap. didnt like it at all. i just try to work on myself with no meds, have been for years and i am slowly getting better without relying on medication.

Anti Deppresants make me have absolutely no libido. You could line up the 10 most attractive chicks to me of all time and all of them be down to screw and I would ask them if they want to play video games instead its that bad. I was on a shit load of them for about a year, I think I had sex maybe twice because I felt guilty not providing for my wife. If I remember correctly I had to really concentrate just to get it semi hard. Shit is horrible, but I reallyd didn't care, I didn't have a care in the world on that stuff. Earth could be blowing up in five minutes I would be that's cool dude, lets get pop tarts.

Same situation going for me 21infantry. My fiancé is starting to complain about my lack of libido and its making her question her attraction toward me. I mean I'm even on TRT and this damn Lexapro makes me the same way, like staring at hot chicks all day and won't do a damn thing. I need to get off this crap however it has really helped calm me down and give me less anxiety.

This stuff definitely affects a lot of people in the libido department.....for both males and females. It's a common side effect of antidepressants in general. It's somewhat ironic because if I had no libido or sex drive I would be depressed as shit lol

Well as far as anti-depressants go, a few years ago I took Wellbutrin and I forgot the dosage. However, I got terrible side effects from it cause it can fry your adrenal glands badly. It makes the body pump out adrenaline/norepinephrine and made my body have a crash that was equivalent to taking in like 5 cups of coffee at a time. Won't ever take that again, lasted maybe 3 days on it. Don't let doctors fool you, your body starts adjusting to anti-depressants much quicker than a month, like what some physicians tell every patient. The only other drug I tried that gave me great success but again made me feel run down was propranolol. It did the job for my anxiety but was unable to perform various tasks due to the fact it lowers your heart rate considerably. Needless to say I can't stand prescription medication, however one drug definitely interests me for future use. I suffer with celiac disease and I can't wait for a potential drug to hit the market by 2017 which would give me the chance to eat gluten again.

ive actually had a really good experience w wellbutrin SR. it kind of saved my life. ive tried several antidepressants and wellbutrin is not only the one anti depressant that doesnt cause dereased libido, it actually can increase it. what hardtoget was saying about the crashing is more likely to happen w wellbutrin xl bc its an extended release meaning that the levels of the drug can go up and down. i was on the xl formulation and experienced the same exact thing and i hated it. my doctor changed it to wellbutrin sr bc i was complaining about going up and down on xl. wit the sr formulation there is no drop off bc it is sustained release over 12 hours so u have the same levels in ur system at all times. since its over 12 hours u take it twice a day at the same exact times. i do 8 am and 8 pm every day and it has changed my life. it also doesnt cause weight gain which a lot of ssri and other types of antidepressants often do

I like propranolol, but should only be taken as needed.
You can try a DNRI like Ritalin to see how dopamine effects you.

You all know that Proviron was a successful Anti Depressant and also a steroid. I feel great on that stuff. So mark me down as proviron lover

You all know that Proviron was a successful Anti Depressant and also a steroid. I feel great on that stuff. So mark me down as proviron lover
Funny you should say that bc I've noticed a big increase in libido and well being since I started proviron about a month ago. Definitely agree w u bro

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that bc I've noticed a big increase in libido and well being since I started proviron about a month ago. Definitely agree w u bro

proviron isnt going to hurt anyones sex drive.. wont be a problem for anyone

I've always been interested in psychiatry and steroids. Watched Dylan's video on proviron, seems like a very unique steroid.

yeah ive heard proviron has anti depressant like effects. on top of that, increased libido, muscle hardening, etc. Proviron seems really awesome, cant wait to try it.

yeah ive heard proviron has anti depressant like effects. on top of that, increased libido, muscle hardening, etc. Proviron seems really awesome, cant wait to try it.

I would definitely go that route before resorting to some of these antidepressant meds. These don't sound all that great for what they do to libido

They also cause what's called anorgasmia... Which means you have trouble or can't have an orgasm. I have experienced it w anti depressants and basically you just feel numb and frustrated. Not worth it. I agree about proviron. I feel fantastic on it!

I was on Wellbutrin to get off cigarettes when it first came out. My libido was fine but while driving on the freaking Turnpike I blacked out. Not for long. When my chin hit my chest I woke up but that was that!!! My wife was in the car with me!!!!
Stopped and bought a pack of cigarettes. I eventually got of those rotten thing using the patch (12 years cigarette free) but I almost died because Wellbutrin!!! Never again!

But Proviron sounds like a good time!!! Gonna have to give it a try!

Top Bottom