napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

LA Fitness thoughts

Guppy

So the wife and I are considering changing gyms and shopped the local LA Fitness this weekend. The sales guy was such a swarmy used car salesman that i really cant trust. It sickened me to speak to him and I wanted to pound him like a nail.

But the gym...all new equip, rubber flooring, space space space. The gym was more than adequate for our needs.

We belong to a Ymca now. Newly renovated and OK equipment. sometimes theres a wait, but not too bad. The mood just sucks and its full of pussies.

I read reviews of LA fitness in general and all the horrors of getting out of contract, price, fucked up staff and policies. Im wondering if anyone has any insight. Or...what is anyone else paying?

For the two of us, its something like 199, and 50 or 60 bucks a month for us both. I hate spending money, pisses me off.

I use la fitness during the week. It is the worst. Weights everywhere, boys dropping weight stack when their not on their phones. No respect or educate (sp) what so ever.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

I was a member there for a couple months but I cancelled it... It was okay but I wasn't very impressed. It's better than Planet Fitness but not as good as Gold's... Depends on your needs...

I dont go to LA fitness. Its really for the safety of others.... I would loose my shit in a gym like that!

I go to LA FITNESS. Yes there are tools everywhere. Its ok cause i scare them away lol. Yes staff sucks. Getting out of contract isn't that bad. No other gym around here has the equipment and amount of stuff.

I belong to one in pittsburgh,pa. I first tried it out for a day. I liked it so i joined online to avoid the "used car salesman." i have never been bothered by the staff & most of the members are hardcore about their training but not arrogant about it. The place is clean & well equipped. $30/month.

I'm a member at LA fitness in NY it sucks the trainers are going to get someone hurt they do not know what they are doing

I checked out the gym last week. They are trying to charge me $100 down and $25 a month.. or $50 down and $40 a month... I hate initiation fees and decided to stay with FC.

I go to LA FITNESS. Yes there are tools everywhere. Its ok cause i scare them away lol. Yes staff sucks. Getting out of contract isn't that bad. No other gym around here has the equipment and amount of stuff.

Thats my issue too. No other gym near has the equip we need. LAF is 10 mins from the house. The Y is 20. Other than those two...the next gym is 30-40 mins away depending on traffic. And...out of the way. Both other gyms are right in route to work and back....convienent.

I checked out the gym last week. They are trying to charge me $100 down and $25 a month.. or $50 down and $40 a month... I hate initiation fees and decided to stay with FC.

Yea,,,that sounds closer to what this guy was selling me on. He had a flyer with pricing on it of differant packages. He told us "I give yas a few secs to think about it" and began to get up. I was like...More like a few DAYS man, I dont make snap decisions for anyone. Print out the flyer and Ill talk about it tonight. (I wanted to punch the arrogance out of him and he felt it).
he refused to print the flyer for me....claimed its a limited time offer. WTF??

I will prolly switch. My wife says the chics are hotter at the LA, but I know she actually enjoys the pervs spying her bubble. The gear there is more than adequate with no waiting. Equipment is spaced out far enough to not be tripping over anyone, and I dont feel i need to suppress grunting when lifting like I do at the Y. The drive is short.

Ive noticed from one visit that the members dont wipe the shit down when done, and leave weights everywhere.
Fuck it ...a few hundred more bucks and my home gym will be complete anyways.
Thanks guys.

I used to go to LA, back in my broke days. If your tight on the budget, its probably the best you'll get, equipment wise. Was only paying $30 a month. Some of my employees go there now, for $40, so not bad. I hated anyone I met there though. And all their 'trainers' were fat asses that only have biceps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I currently go to an LA Fitness. Its ok, has almost everything I need. I also go to a small private gym for anything else I wanna do.

You should ask for a free week trial and see how you like the gym atmosphere.

I go to la fitness in houston. Its decent. Wish their dumbells went higher than 100. I pay 40 a month with no contract and can go to any gym in the us. They are always offering no charge enrollment especially as the new yr approaches or in early spring. Some gyms are full of idiots and some are full of committed people it all depends on where you go. For the price its pretty good

I go to la fitness in houston. Its decent. Wish their dumbells went higher than 100. I pay 40 a month with no contract and can go to any gym in the us. They are always offering no charge enrollment especially as the new yr approaches or in early spring. Some gyms are full of idiots and some are full of committed people it all depends on where you go. For the price its pretty good

I've been to about 5-6 in the houston area. All are about the same. The premiere club disappointed me. I was expecting it to be comparable to a lifetime fitness.

I've been to about 5-6 in the houston area. All are about the same. The premiere club disappointed me. I was expecting it to be comparable to a lifetime fitness.
What bout westheimer? its ok but every gym is gonna have idiots. i ignore them do my thing and get out.

Worked there quite some time ago... not a fan lol. As far as a commercial gym with decent equipment goes, it's not bad. I just HATE hex plates.

Worked there quite some time ago... not a fan lol. As far as a commercial gym with decent equipment goes, it's not bad. I just HATE hex plates.
Shit your telling me. Stupidest fucking invention ever all for fucking handles? Really? If you can't grip the weight and pick it up like a man then stick to pink dumbbells.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom