napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Do I have the genetics for a physique competition?

So I've been really thinking about it and I think I want to start training for a physique competition. The problem is I don't really know if I have the genetics to win. I don't just want to go in and not because I absolutely hate losing. So I figured you guys wouldn't sugar coat it and just give me an honest answer. I'll post a few pictures of myself during this bulk and I just want you guys to tell me the truth. I'm currently 168 pounds 5"7with a bodyfat of I have no idea.

eec21536cff49261bf6a429258577f99.jpg

1ec0ccdfa7cb3c2ab9efd998d9c953ff.jpg

feed33fbbb2bfd7805cbb3df268eade4.jpg

861db3c43dbb3cbf51fb7f1c0e1be42c.jpg

fcf57828d608caae1466e654f34c3f0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep looks promising. Bicep maybe a bit flat but fixable. Chest needs work bit again fixable. Back looks decent. Get the lasts a little wider and work on those rear delts

Torso looks good. Will tighten up nice. You're fine man. You got loads of potential. Do it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I think you have a great base for physique, with some minor tweaks. I've competed physique, so I'm pretty aware of what they look for. I agree with TX TERROR that you need to work on back width. That will really help bring that V taper that is so important for physique. It also helps make your waist look even smaller which is also very important for physique. Chest could use a little more thickness as well

I think you have what it takes to at least be competitive at the amateur level. You have a very solid foundation for physique. Just work on those areas and you'll be set. You are in pretty good shape right now while bulking, and judging by your abs at the moment at this bodyfat, they will look great when conditioned for the stage.

If you ever need prep help or anything, hit me up buddy!

Yeah I've been recently just hammering the hell out my lats at the gym. I have a 28 inch waist so I figured that it was fairly tiny compared to many peoples and I could use it as an advantage. I feel like with my chest it's my upper portion that lacks the most. I've never really been lower than 10% body fat so wouldn't actually no what my abs look like any leaner than that.

Yeah I've been recently just hammering the hell out my lats at the gym. I have a 28 inch waist so I figured that it was fairly tiny compared to many peoples and I could use it as an advantage. I feel like with my chest it's my upper portion that lacks the most. I've never really been lower than 10% body fat so wouldn't actually no what my abs look like any leaner than that.

Well that's good. You wanna make sure you don't go over board either. I would need to see a physique show in 2016 first to get more detailed. The rules are changing and they are asking for less muscle going forward. I'd say just keep pushing on but do it at a regular and moderate pace. Focus on that acessory work.

Remember you want that x frame in physique.

Hit thay lower lat don't just think lat but think parts of the lat now too. Get that lower lat in check hit some under hand pull downs and change some things up. It will help with the bicep to. Chin ups are great ad well. You are nicely on track my friend.just hover for now and see what the judges are looking for for 2016.

Well that's good. You wanna make sure you don't go over board either. I would need to see a physique show in 2016 first to get more detailed. The rules are changing and they are asking for less muscle going forward. I'd say just keep pushing on but do it at a regular and moderate pace. Focus on that acessory work.

Remember you want that x frame in physique.

Hit thay lower lat don't just think lat but think parts of the lat now too. Get that lower lat in check hit some under hand pull downs and change some things up. It will help with the bicep to. Chin ups are great ad well. You are nicely on track my friend.just hover for now and see what the judges are looking for for 2016.

Haha yeah I really need to get away from the whole powerlifting mindset that I still have. I'm still trying to get a routine going for this as well so if anyone can help me along this lines I'd really appreciate it :)

Haha yeah I really need to get away from the whole powerlifting mindset that I still have. I'm still trying to get a routine going for this as well so if anyone can help me along this lines I'd really appreciate it :)

You're danger there is getting you're core too big. You wanna keep those obliques small and striated.

Bro genetics don't mean Shit. Dedication and hard work wins shows. Your base is good. Put your heart into it and I believe u can win!

Thanks everyone for replying! I will definitely be focusing on adding lay width and work on my chest and biceps a lot more! :)

Top Bottom