napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Giant sets

Jms.22

I want to try something new in my workouts just to drastically switch it up... What do u guys think about giant sets for the same body part? Have u ever tried it and with what results? Thanks

If your talking about like 100 rep sets, yes they are brutal as hell. I've tried them for almost every muscle group in different ways.

100 rep sets. Damn. I don't know if I could do that with ANY weight lol. Most I hit is the 30s right now but am working on increasing here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I understand giant sets is to do a few exercises back to back with less than a minute rest in between. It can be effective to bust through plateaus, but it's a training method I would use sparingly because you can really overtax your CNS in a hurry, and doing that too often will make recovery much more difficult. I can see the benefit of throwing the, in every so often however

Explain what you mean by giant sets.
An example would be as follows
If your working out shoulders you would do a 1.shoulder press 2. Side lateral 3. Front raise 4. And then an upright row.... u would do each for around 12 reps..so then that would be one whole set... you would do that 3 or 4 more times

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If your working out shoulders you would do a 1.shoulder press 2. Side lateral 3. Front raise 4. And then an upright row.... u would do each for around 12 reps..so then that would be one whole set... you would do that 3 or 4 more times

Oh, ya that's basic shit. I do those pretty often. Good way to burn out.

100 rep sets. Damn. I don't know if I could do that with ANY weight lol. Most I hit is the 30s right now but am working on increasing here and there.

Try it. I usually do like 50lbs on leg extension and just start cranking it out. Then the same for hamstrings, and calves. To brutal for any pressing.

If your talking about like 100 rep sets, yes they are brutal as hell. I've tried them for almost every muscle group in different ways.
How would you do a 100 rep set for let's say arms? Sounds brutal which I need

How would you do a 100 rep set for let's say arms? Sounds brutal which I need

Grab the 10lb Dumbbells and start smashing curls. Hammer or normal. 10lbs is light for the first 40. By 65 you'll be wanting to scream. And you may not even make it to 100. Then take a few second to recover and with the same weight hit 100 laying tricep extensions. Three sets like that.

Oh yeah that could help too. I thought you meant like doing 7 X 30-40 rep sets or something similar on the same exercise. I would focus on same exercise personally. That's really just circuit training you described.

Phurious Pharma Rep
Email me at [email protected]
Code 'JS5' for 5% off

Il give you one better...

Pick up a moderate weight. Lets just use bis for an example.
Set 1
5 reps rest 5 seconds.
10 reps rest 10 seconds.
15 reps rest 15 seconds.
20 reps rest 20 seconds.
25 reps rest 20 seconds.
30 reps rest 30 seconds.

See how high you can go. Stop at like 60 and if you got more in the tank drop your weight down and go increments of 7.

You can do this with any exercise honestly.

Grab the 10lb Dumbbells and start smashing curls. Hammer or normal. 10lbs is light for the first 40. By 65 you'll be wanting to scream. And you may not even make it to 100. Then take a few second to recover and with the same weight hit 100 laying tricep extensions. Three sets like that.

No shit lol this is exactly what I had to do today for training in the morning. Did more trail running with dumbbells just tens but your curling the whole for a lot of it. Must have cranked out anywhere from 3-500 reps total this morning. But my arms are hurtin haha.

Il give you one better...

Pick up a moderate weight. Lets just use bis for an example.
Set 1
5 reps rest 5 seconds.
10 reps rest 10 seconds.
15 reps rest 15 seconds.
20 reps rest 20 seconds.
25 reps rest 20 seconds.
30 reps rest 30 seconds.

See how high you can go. Stop at like 60 and if you got more in the tank drop your weight down and go increments of 7.

You can do this with any exercise honestly.
How many sets would do this way? Or is it just one giant set and that's it?

Sounds like you'll be pissing a lot of lifters off by having all that equipment tied up lol...

Love that stuff, but that CNS stress is a beeyatch. Works great to lean me out and harden up, but growth IMO was minimal. Looked great though.

Top Bottom