napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Why I hate planet fitness

Bigsteve5776

I go to a gym that's been around since the 70's, the equipment is older, in my community not many people are into fitness. The people here are either fat and lazy or drug addicts. Basically anyone whose on pretty good shape you will see at one of two local gyms, I chose mine because it's 5 minutes away. Then we have another one where it's an actual gym but it's about 20 minutes away. Then of course there are two or three planet fitness "gyms", one is right across the street from where I live, I could walk and get there in 2 minutes. I do have a membership there's but it's used strictly for tanning and cardio. I will say this, it is decent for cardio. So I went there two days ago and got asked to leave because I was wearing a "wife beater" so I said ok that's fine your gym sucks anyways. So yesterday I went to dicks sporting goods and bought the tightest underarmour shirt I could fit in and went back. They didn't say anything this time, but I received some ignorant looking scowls when I went to scan my membership card. Why? I'm not breaking the rules? It's a full coverage shirt... the only reason I even had the damn tank on the day before was because I came directly from my other gym. What the fuck is the big deal though?

This is very old news. Anybody that's remotely serious about fitness knows to avoid planet fit-less like the plague.

Judgement free zone my ass

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Yep the only reason I even have a membership is I like to tan cuz it helps with my skin while I'm on a cycle and cardio... the cardio equipment at my gym is old as shit and there's only like 3 treadmills lol.

I went to a planet fitness in Old Town in Houston when my gym was being worked on and there were a bunch of huge dudes in there lifting heavy, so I guess there are a couple that are decent. I went to the one in the Woodlands about 2 months later and they had a "no deadlifting" sign on the front door and a sign stating you'd be asked to leave if you made "grunting" noises while working out. I didn't even bother going inside.

do they kick women out that wear tank tops? i have never visited one and i will not say i never will cuz i may end up in a town traveling that i need it but i wouldn't be very happy at all. its a fucking "safe space" for fatties and fucking phone talkers and texters im sure

do they kick women out that wear tank tops? i have never visited one and i will not say i never will cuz i may end up in a town traveling that i need it but i wouldn't be very happy at all. its a fucking "safe space" for fatties and fucking phone talkers and texters im sure

Bingo that's exactly it. It's a nest for people who just want to say "they go to the gym"

Like rick said it's not a place for people serious about fitness, once in a while you'll see someone who's in decent shape there but not often.

I almost wish there was a PF close to me. Almost.
It would be worth it to sign up and troll the fuck out of those morons. It's a sad excuse for a "fitness facility". I understand what they're trying to do with the "No judgment" and everything. Unfortunately it ends up coming off as judgmental towards the people that actually belong there.
Everything has it's place and purpose.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

a8cd91d07509d9d1e3a13dff1d7b6ad9.jpg

That's what I wore after they kicked me out for wearing a tank top lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep the only reason I even have a membership is I like to tan cuz it helps with my skin while I'm on a cycle and cardio... the cardio equipment at my gym is old as shit and there's only like 3 treadmills lol.
Go tan elsewhere man. That's what I do. Unlimited for like 20 bucks a month

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

...its a fucking "safe space" for fatties and fucking phone talkers and texters...
Thus we call it "Planet FATness". They have Pizza Thursdays and Bagel Mondays in the one near me.... Yeah that'll get you thin!

I get a kick how they say it is a "Judgement Free Zone", yet right on their signs are caricatures of a bodybuilder that are unflattering and judgmental. They also have their definition of a "Lunk" under their Alarm, totally insulting to those who are really FIT... But, let the chicks wear stringers, sports bras and yoga pants...

The hypocrisy of Planet FATness amazes me. I only go on the weekends since the base gym is closed and there is nothing closer to me. Oh and in our area they removed all the leg press sleds because "They were intimidating"!

Come on guys and gals... we can go to the gym on pizza night and grab a few slices while sitting on the massage chair, but you checked in on Facebook so it’s technically a workout, right?

But remember.. they really are not a gym... the company profits off the fees of members who don’t usually exercise and will likely disappear after a few weeks, then simultaneously pushes away “hardcore” fitness devotees who would “actually wear out the equipment and take "space".

planet.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom