napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

protein bars

You guys also have to understand how the net carb thing works. There is no set standard or definition for a "net carb" yes there is a definition or an intended meaning but it's subjective. Net carbs are usually a myth wich Is why I opt for counting all carbs with macro dieting.

The fda will not regulate a "net carb" it's up to the free reign of the producer of the product to put what thier version of a "net carb" is. It really has no true solidified definition.

Ever see those fucking Atkins candies? They advertise a bag of m&m's as 1 net carb. Like seriously?...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Another issue that's neither here nor there with quest is the fact that they bank on the belief that fiber is deducted from carbs.

Yes... fiber is insoluble. But... idk about deducting it from carb intake there are several things to consider. Especially when trying to track your shit correctly.

TX TERROR said:
Another issue that's neither here nor there with quest is the fact that they bank on the belief that fiber is deducted from carbs.

Yes... fiber is insoluble. But... idk about deducting it from carb intake there are several things to consider. Especially when trying to track your shit correctly.

yeah there is a lot of variables BUT its pretty simple concept about fiber being insoluble and subtracted because tell me the difference between 40g carb from potato and 40g carb from Broccoli? i dont know about you but the Broccoli does absolute piss for glycogen stores in my muscles and energy and broccoli will definitely cramp/stop me up (too much fiber).

Wouldn't rely on them, but the occasional quest bar is fine. Quest has a great ingredient profile, though and this makes them more expensive. Most protein bars are filled with shitty, incomplete protein sources, or a range of chemicals which could test in a science lab.

A very easy meal with nearly similar macros, high in protein too - 2 cups of Fage greek yogurt. Mix one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 packets of splenda or stevia. 260 calories, roughly 40 grams of protein, around 15 grams of carbs and maybe 1 gram of fat.

You can always keep some good protein powder in a zippy bag. I mix mine with water. You could grab a water at a local store and add some powder to it and shake the shit out of it. I keep it in my desk at work. I have a lil funnel I use to get the powder into the small bottle opening. LOL

I take my shaker to work with me with vanilla protein and throw an orange gatorade in there... BOOM! Creamsicle

Yep no substitute for clean food meals here either mastermolnar. When you are competing, you have to have your food ready at all times. When I get 6 weeks out from my competition no more cheat foods of any kind, the only cheat food I've had for the 8 weeks of training so far has been a Think Thin bar every now and then but that all goes out the window starting next Monday.

Yep no substitute for clean food meals here either mastermolnar. When you are competing, you have to have your food ready at all times. When I get 6 weeks out from my competition no more cheat foods of any kind, the only cheat food I've had for the 8 weeks of training so far has been a Think Thin bar every now and then but that all goes out the window starting next Monday.

Good for you man. And then when its over... BULK SEASON!!! My chwat meals nowadays are pretty healthy anyway

I just bought a couple of the new pumpkin pie quest bars. They are going to be my halftime snack tonight during the game. I can't wait, them things look delicious.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

You're a smart dude. ALL CARBS COUNT PEOPLE. Keep it simple :D.

You're a smart dude. ALL CARBS COUNT PEOPLE. Keep it simple :D.

dude 100g of carbs from broccoli is not the same as 100g of carb from Potatoes. Potatoes fill up my glycogen stores and make me full, but broccoli does very little for me, plus you have to eat crazy amounts of broccoli to get 100g carb which would make some other problems from the Fiber intake..

all carbs aren't equal - in the same way which all protein or fats aren't equal. keeping it simple is fine but there is nothing simple when it comes to nutrition, and we know very little of the big picture.

and the reason it is subtracted from total carbs is because of the fact that it is insoluble/soluble or undigestable, meaning it passes through the colon and we cant break it down (at least not 100%) BUT you need fiber for healthy bowels.

dude 100g of carbs from broccoli is not the same as 100g of carb from Potatoes. Potatoes fill up my glycogen stores and make me full, but broccoli does very little for me, plus you have to eat crazy amounts of broccoli to get 100g carb which would make some other problems from the Fiber intake..

all carbs aren't equal - in the same way which all protein or fats aren't equal. keeping it simple is fine but there is nothing simple when it comes to nutrition, and we know very little of the big picture.

and the reason it is subtracted from total carbs is because of the fact that it is insoluble/soluble or undigestable, meaning it passes through the colon and we cant break it down (at least not 100%) BUT you need fiber for healthy bowels.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I'm saying most people need to keep it simple: hit your target dietary fiber intake for the day, and count overall carbs into their macronutrient target. For example, if you were aiming for 300 grams of cho a day and 30-40 grams of fiber, I would say eat 300g. of total carbs and get your fiber in range. I think it's splitting hairs going, "Well, I ate 300g of carbs, yet 32 grams came from fiber, so 300-32... I have 32 grams left to eat that have to contain 0 fiber." See what I'm saying?

I don't argue that you get a heck of a lot more energy from 100g cho from starchy vs. fibrous. I should have been clearer in my comment :)

yeah there is a lot of variables BUT its pretty simple concept about fiber being insoluble and subtracted because tell me the difference between 40g carb from potato and 40g carb from Broccoli? i dont know about you but the Broccoli does absolute piss for glycogen stores in my muscles and energy and broccoli will definitely cramp/stop me up (too much fiber).
Ya in thay regard I agree. Quest though had dome run in's about false label claims. Idk what the outcome ever was. I'm just paranoid when it comes to that stuff. I buy a lot of basic raw organic stuff and really that's it. I've actually got my protein shakes down to maybe one a day now. I feel a ton better.

Same. I cut dairy and everything.

And the bottom line is a carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient. The less the better when I cut.
I also can't do quest bars cause test cause me to relapse and cravings spark back up. When. I hit 8-6 weeks out there is no room for even the slightest chance. I don't have the dicipline lol. Once I'm on the track I gotta stay on a keep going at all times.

Relying on fiber content can have it's negatives too. Too much fiber can just as bad as too little.

And the bottom line is a carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient. The less the better when I cut.
I also can't do quest bars cause test cause me to relapse and cravings spark back up. When. I hit 8-6 weeks out there is no room for even the slightest chance. I don't have the dicipline lol. Once I'm on the track I gotta stay on a keep going at all times.

Relying on fiber content can have it's negatives too. Too much fiber can just as bad as too little.

Bro, you have to try the be pumpkin pie quest bar.

Top Bottom