napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Guy with no delts gave me training advice on delts

So it finally happened. I had just finished up training legs and decided to throw in a few sets of standing, reverse cable flyes to target the posterior delt head. 3 x 3, with varying carriage height and varying angles. As I finished my last set, this new guy (new to my gym) walked up to me and asked if my last set was targeting back, as it was a different angle than the first two sets. I already knew where this convo was heading, but I politely replied no and told him it was a rear delt exercise. He proceeds to tell me the angle was all wrong. So I proceed to tell him that there was nothing wrong with the angle and explain that the posterior delt should be hit from multiple angles, which is what I was doing today. Upon hearing this, Mr new guy he tells me what HE does for rear delts and goes into a bent over position and mimics a bent over cable flye. I told him, yeah, I do those too bro. I also do face pulls, reverse flyes on the pec deck, bent over delt raises, etc...

By this time, I was getting more than little annoyed because it seemed like he believed there was only one way to hit the posterior delt head. I thought of going all 44 on his ass, but rather than losing my gym membership, I took off my baggy t-shirt (had a stringer beneath) Now I'm not the biggest guy at just under 200lbs, but delts is the one muscle group I definitely don't need any help with, especially from someone with no delts. I thanked him for his unsolicited advice, at which time he said looks like you know what you're doing man. Gee thanks bro, that really meant so much coming from a guy smaller than me. He shook my hand and walked off with his tail between his legs. Still smmfh
Here's to you bro:

IMG_1974_zpsj282qw7z.jpg

Lmao the unsolicited advice guys need to fuck off! I have old men come tell me I shouldn't be going full ROM on incline bench... then they proceed to do 8th reps with crazy amounts of weight.

People at the gym say the darndest things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love those guys that want to give advice that have no reason to

Exactly! I'm always up to learning new things, but don't come around dropping rear delt 101 shit like it's some type of revelation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A guy at my work between 150kg -180kg of pure fat gives me diet and training advice constantly. He claims he used to be 4% body fat. Such a tosser.

It's always the people that shouldn't be giving unsolicited advice that give unsolicited advice

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I had this older guy advise me on tricep cable pushdowns... I didn't appreciate it as I have the biggest arms in the gym, but the old fart was technically correct about the pulleys used so I just told him it was a matter of preference which station I used. This was the exception to advice as we know usually the ones giving it suck bawls #10%.

Last edited:
A guy at my work between 150kg -180kg of pure fat gives me diet and training advice constantly. He claims he used to be 4% body fat. Such a tosser.
Lmfao i used to have a guy just like that i worked with who would always try to give me diet advice (while simultaneously complaining about his own weight) and it was me and only me he would talk to cause i was the only guy who worked there who even had an interest in fitness. Dude was 380lbs and 6'3 a walking sack of mashed up shit and he would constantly talk about all the pussy he was getting and how he and his wife where poly... Lol gotta hate those kinda guys.

Lmfao i used to have a guy just like that i worked with who would always try to give me diet advice (while simultaneously complaining about his own weight) and it was me and only me he would talk to cause i was the only guy who worked there who even had an interest in fitness. Dude was 380lbs and 6'3 a walking sack of mashed up shit and he would constantly talk about all the pussy he was getting and how he and his wife where poly... Lol gotta hate those kinda guys.

Sounds like pretty much the same guy lol. He also claimed he was a bouncer and also worked security for Guns n Roses lol

Top Bottom