napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

When does Keto diet get working

StephMalachy

Hello

Ive started a keto diet went from approx 4000kcal bulk to this 2700kcal keto diet with 20g carbs (from fibreous veg only) 40% protein and 60% fats.

Very excited about doing it long term and seeing results from it because past few years when im trying to cut I always have carbs involved but quite low and im extremely carb sensistive. If I go 6 days with like 100g carbs/day on the seventh day I end up binging for sugar and energy and id end up eating literally +800g carbs.
So by eliminating carbs altogether and tranferring to using fats I think it will be promising.

Ive been doing 4 days now but cant tell if im in ketosis?

Feel good mentally and craving arnt a problem but ive no energy and in gym Im sturggling to get any energy and theres like zero pump no matter how hard I flex.

Does it get any better and can anyone tell me if theyve tried it before and how it went for them?

Thanks

Hello

Ive started a keto diet went from approx 4000kcal bulk to this 2700kcal keto diet with 20g carbs (from fibreous veg only) 40% protein and 60% fats.

Very excited about doing it long term and seeing results from it because past few years when im trying to cut I always have carbs involved but quite low and im extremely carb sensistive. If I go 6 days with like 100g carbs/day on the seventh day I end up binging for sugar and energy and id end up eating literally +800g carbs.
So by eliminating carbs altogether and tranferring to using fats I think it will be promising.

Ive been doing 4 days now but cant tell if im in ketosis?

Feel good mentally and craving arnt a problem but ive no energy and in gym Im sturggling to get any energy and theres like zero pump no matter how hard I flex.

Does it get any better and can anyone tell me if theyve tried it before and how it went for them?

Thanks
I'd never recommend keto as a viable bodybuilding diet, except in extreme circumstances where someone is just so carb sensitive that they can't lose fat through conventional dieting. It's extremely rare though, and I literally have recommended it only twice in over 100 clients I've worked with on dieting. There is a big misconception that keto is some magical diet, and it is not unless you fall into the 2% category. Data from studies have shown no difference in fat loss on keto versus the same traditional di st at the same caloric level. At the end of the day it's calories in versus calories out

With keto, keep in mind that your ability to get a pump will be greatly diminished by the lack of glycogen in your muscles and less intra cellular water. Performance will also decrease in most people with less energy stores

Ketosis usually takes about 7 to 10 days to achieve.

I had heard of keto years ago just never considered it because I thought carbs are simply essential but when I think about it logically I think it will be perfect for me even for 4 months, to just strip fat off.

I genuinely would say im in that 2% group i cant think of anyone as carb sensistive as myself. Its mainly sugar addition i think.

Rick you say ill have less energy but I thought after my body gets good at utilizing fat as energy that the body ends up being something like 28% more efficient at using fat as energy compared to carbs as energy?

Getting into ketosis varies for everyone, the few times I've done that diet I've achieved it about 2 days. I think it's because my blood sugar is never really high. Carb free diets can work, but often a sensible diet works just as well. People lose a lot of water at first and think it's fat so they praise the diet.. but it's really just water weight.

True story.. about 3 years ago I tried that diet here and there with average results. Went back to a sensible diet and added GW and S4.. boom!

I think low carb diets work well for those with "low" muscle mass and high BF %. It's because their carb engine (aka muscles) is tiny.. like a hybrid when it needs to be a big fuel hog like a diesel truck.. something like that haha

Last edited:
bro ive done keto, its a horrible diet plan in my eyes unless your prepping for a show. Sure you stay lean and you dont retain much water on it but you feel like crap from the lack of carbs, 0 energy for workouts and you look flat as hell. You need carbs bro, just keep it around 150g per day

Really appreciate your insight guys. Im around 16bf at moment so my plan will just be 4 months keto diet.

3 months of that ill be on cycle (currently) of test 450/week and tren 450/week then last 6 weeks of cycle will add winstrol 50mg/day

Hope to maintain my muscle, and just drop fat to around 8 bodyfat. Hope all goes to plan and I can let yous know my progress after the 4 months. Then back to normal macros

Thanks guys

Really appreciate your insight guys. Im around 16bf at moment so my plan will just be 4 months keto diet.

3 months of that ill be on cycle (currently) of test 450/week and tren 450/week then last 6 weeks of cycle will add winstrol 50mg/day

Hope to maintain my muscle, and just drop fat to around 8 bodyfat. Hope all goes to plan and I can let yous know my progress after the 4 months. Then back to normal macros

Thanks guys
I didn't realize you were running tren. Just to let you know....no carbs and tren is generally a bad combo. Tren ups your nutrient partitioning and eats carbs like crazy. Some people experience low blood sugar when going too low on carbs while on tren, and it can also increase side effects to a pretty siginificant degree. I can tell you jist from my own experience that I had trouble getting ENOUGH carbs on tren. I'd eat around 300 to 400g a day and still would flatten out and have trouble filling out. Then thetes the issue with you carrying more fat than you should to even be using tren in the first place. That's also more tren than I would advise ever using

Getting into ketosis Typically take 2 weeks for first timers. You will feel amazing. I love keto.

Rick you say tren ups nutrient partitioning and eats carbs like crazy, but of i transfer my body into using fat as energy would that not mean itll eat fat like crazy?

I can notice getting a bit irratible more easily because im not feeding my body what I used to but i think it will subside after a few weeks. The first time I ran tren was very harsh side effects but now I feel fine.

Goron im just really looking forward to getting through this initial keto flu and start fully utilising fat as energy properly cant wait for full ketosis feeling.

Has anyone used or recommend any exogenus ketones like raspberry ketones will they help me in this initial changeover phase to get ketogenic quicker? Or Vitamin B5 is apparently good supplement to help the body utilize energy?

I take 4g LCarnitine daily atm

I would not recommend going too low on the carbs with Tren. Moderate carbs at the lowest.

Rick you say tren ups nutrient partitioning and eats carbs like crazy, but of i transfer my body into using fat as energy would that not mean itll eat fat like crazy?

I can notice getting a bit irratible more easily because im not feeding my body what I used to but i think it will subside after a few weeks. The first time I ran tren was very harsh side effects but now I feel fine.

Goron im just really looking forward to getting through this initial keto flu and start fully utilising fat as energy properly cant wait for full ketosis feeling.

Has anyone used or recommend any exogenus ketones like raspberry ketones will they help me in this initial changeover phase to get ketogenic quicker? Or Vitamin B5 is apparently good supplement to help the body utilize energy?

I take 4g LCarnitine daily atm
What I'm saying is that many people gave low blood sugar issues on tren and have to eat more carbs than normal. So if you're on keto it will only amplify that. Only way you are going to corre t lo w blood glucose is with carb intake

Top Bottom