napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Westside Barbell Powerlifting

Specimen

Do any powerlifters follow Louie Simmons' strength training methods? Just came across this guy and his knowledge and experience with every aspect of strength training is phenomenal. The concept of speed strength and his broad use of isometrics were really an eye opener to me. Definitely check this guy out if you haven't.

Yea. I run conjecate system. It is insane and not for everyone. His gyms record speaks for its self.
There is a power day and a dynamic day centered around bench and squat. You don't do much actual deadlifting but it will improve. He has consulted with world champion trainers from the east and west. This is for the advanced power lifter.

Oh and he invented the reverse hyper machine. Check him out for sure even if you aren't a powerlifter

Last edited:
My wife and I met Louie at a meet several years ago in WV.
Great dude. He spoke to us like we Had known him for years.
I don't follow his method by the book but I do the speed days and heavy days. As do all my power lifting friends.
Louie wrote the book, all the other programs are just variation of his speed work and heavy work combos.

Louie's story is pretty amazing, he's essentially a strength savant. Im not into powerlifting but the concepts he explains plus the reasoning and science/studies behind his training applies to anyone who lifts. Wish I came across this guy sooner

I would imagine anyone who powerlifts knows who louie is, or they haven't done much/any research. I liked watching Mark Bell as well until more recently he has kind of fallen off, Josh Bryant is very solid too. Josh isn't as articulate but he trains some of the top benchers in the world. Mark comes from Westside and I believe Josh did as well or at least acknowledges a lot of his practices come from Louie. Louie is a genius and I've followed his style of training for several years.

Dynamic and strength days really help break up the workouts and keep them interesting, I always look forward to both, especially speed deadlifts :) Who doesn't love ripping a loaded bar off the floor as fast as possible?! There is a lot of carry over and when you switch from power lifting back to hypertrophy/bodybuilding (off season or simply part of the training regime) your percentages will change so you're lifting more weight for the same amount of reps as before which of course is going to stimulate even more muscle growth. That's why powerbuilding is becoming popular as well (Stan Efferding). So much info out there, but Louie is absolutely the godfather of strength training.

Top Bottom