napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Ventrogluteal Injection Site

gymrat827

Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

1. Find the trochanter. It is the knobby top portion of the long bone in your upper leg (femur). It is about the size of a golf ball.

2. Find the anterior iliac crest. The nurse will help you find the bone landmarks.

3. Place the palm of your hand over the trochanter. Point the first or index finger toward the anterior iliac crest. Spread the second or middle finger toward the back, making a 'V'. The thumb should always be pointed toward the front of the leg. Always use the index finger and middle finger to make the 'V'.

4. Give the injection between the knuckles on your index and middle fingers.

5. Stretch the skin tight.

6. Hold the syringe like a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a right angle to the skin (90
degree).

7. You may give up to 3 ml. (cc) of fluid in this site.

gymrat827 said:
Hip (Ventrogluteal) Site For IM Injection

1. Find the trochanter. It is the knobby top portion of the long bone in your upper leg (femur). It is about the size of a golf ball.

2. Find the anterior iliac crest. The nurse will help you find the bone landmarks.

3. Place the palm of your hand over the trochanter. Point the first or index finger toward the anterior iliac crest. Spread the second or middle finger toward the back, making a 'V'. The thumb should always be pointed toward the front of the leg. Always use the index finger and middle finger to make the 'V'.

4. Give the injection between the knuckles on your index and middle fingers.

5. Stretch the skin tight.

6. Hold the syringe like a pencil or dart. Insert the needle at a right angle to the skin (90
degree).

7. You may give up to 3 ml. (cc) of fluid in this site.

very nice description brother... this really makes it easy for everyone to follow and understand... a lot of guys have a fear or struggle here and for no reason as they often make it far harder or worse than it truly is... thanks for the breakdown and thorough description!

I have a bud who was an ex defensive end in the pros. He is 6'4 and 285 and cannot see or reach his butt. He does it in a stand up mirror. I took a black marker and drew a tirangle on his Vglu site on both sides of his ass. Now when in the mirror, he always pictures the triangle and knows where to inject..lol.

drb_iac said:
I have a bud who was an ex defensive end in the pros. He is 6'4 and 285 and cannot see or reach his butt. He does it in a stand up mirror. I took a black marker and drew a tirangle on his Vglu site on both sides of his ass. Now when in the mirror, he always pictures the triangle and knows where to inject..lol.

LOLLL it sounds funny but also sounds like a damn good idea... its a good method of teaching

This site swells horribly if used for test suspension. Had to take time off work once with 1ml at this site--could hardly walk.

el toro said:
This site swells horribly if used for test suspension. Had to take time off work once with 1ml at this site--could hardly walk.

test suspension knots me up anywhere i have ever taken it... its very typical from that injection...

el toro said:

This site is prone to causing cellulitis,especially if the area is overfat. A doc would never use this site on a woman. I have tried it and it is not one of my favs

Top Bottom