napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Upping My Gains Game!! How Do Your Do It?

sweetnspicy

With some recent changes in my life I'm trying to turn everything around the right way and make the best out of it. What I would like to know is what everyone does for their routines at the gym. I'm talking, what do you do each day of the week? What areas do you hit and when? I'm going to get killer results and I want your help.

I prefer multiple body parts in a day. I tried the one body part a day once a week for a long time and didn't get much out of it.
Currently I just started chest and back on Monday and Thursday. And legs and shoulders Tuesday and Friday. It's brutal on me and still trying to adjust to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With some recent changes in my life I'm trying to turn everything around the right way and make the best out of it. What I would like to know is what everyone does for their routines at the gym. I'm talking, what do you do each day of the week? What areas do you hit and when? I'm going to get killer results and I want your help.

I do an alternating upper body and lower body split every workout, and train Monday, Wednesday's, and Fridays...with cardio on in between days.

But I think the main thing no matter what you do is to overcome adaptation. Always strive to do more weight or more reps than you did previously....log your workouts and make sure you keep beating your numbers. Always progressively increases your workload and the gains will keep coming I assure you. Anytime you stall out on an exercise and don't seem to be going anywhere, swap it out for a different movement targeting the same muscle groups. You have to use all of the tools in the drawer to keep your body guessing and the gains coming

Monday: shoulders Tuesday: back/biceps Wednesday: chest/triceps Thursday:hams/calves Friday:arms Saturday: quads/abs/low back Sunday: whole body and start over

I do an alternating upper body and lower body split every workout, and train Monday, Wednesday's, and Fridays...with cardio on in between days.

But I think the main thing no matter what you do is to overcome adaptation. Always strive to do more weight or more reps than you did previously....log your workouts and make sure you keep beating your numbers. Always progressively increases your workload and the gains will keep coming I assure you. Anytime you stall out on an exercise and don't seem to be going anywhere, swap it out for a different movement targeting the same muscle groups. You have to use all of the tools in the drawer to keep your body guessing and the gains coming

How often do you find that you up your weight?

I'm going to start a serious training. I mean I'm taking it to a whole new level. What do you guys find that works best for back?

I love t-bar rows. I dot have the right equipment at my gym so I have to improvise as I can. Seated rows with paused contractions have really helped me as well. But again, I'm limited to the weight stack lol. Pull-ups are a beast for back, and I supplement those with paused contraction lat pull down.

I'm going to start a serious training. I mean I'm taking it to a whole new level. What do you guys find that works best for back?

What I do for chest is alternate between barbell and dumbbells each time you go or mix between the two on those days. Do flat incline and decline. Cable flies seem to work better for me than other methods. Make sure you mix things up and not same every time you go. Back is pretty straight forward but a must is heavy dumbbell rows.

What I do for chest is alternate between barbell and dumbbells each time you go or mix between the two on those days. Do flat incline and decline. Cable flies seem to work better for me than other methods. Make sure you mix things up and not same every time you go. Back is pretty straight forward but a must is heavy dumbbell rows.

Are you doing single arm dumbbell rows?

Ok cool. 70 is as high as my gym has.

Another thing I do is on the latest pull down cable machine I has a wrist hook and pull with one arm. You can change angles to target different muscles. I like to pull almost straight down to really target the lat.

Another thing I do is on the latest pull down cable machine I has a wrist hook and pull with one arm. You can change angles to target different muscles. I like to pull almost straight down to really target the lat.

That's a great idea.

Sorry SnS. Not stealing your thread. Hop you are getting ideas as well.

I'm here to help everyone if I can lol. I'm sure she will see the tips also.

Another tip when doing barbell chest. Switch grip width and will change angle of muscle used. If your go really narrow it will be more of a tricep workout tho.

Chest- try when doing cable flies to put the cable all the way down to the floor and use an upward fly motion to above the head and in front a little. Will target the upper chest and is a very hard muscle to build.

How often do you find that you up your weight?

My workouts are repeated every two weeks, and when I do them I try to at least squeeze out an extra rep or so, and when I have more reps that I want my range to be, the next workout my weight will increase, even if it's only 5 lbs. then I will repeat the process again until my rep range is back to a higher amount with that weight and increase again.

Even when I'm not on a blast and just cruising I can typically make small gains and increase weight every other workout (which is about once a month). On blast obviously those numbers climb quite a bit, and I can usually increase weight every workout and add more weight at a time as well

I have my gf focus on compounds 3 days a week and that happens for 12 weeks. Then she will break for 12 weeks. Breaks platues for her nicely.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

i agree about overcoming adaptation. thats definitely the most important aspect. there are hundreds of different ways to work out and routines to do. keep switching it up and keep the gains coming

Top Bottom