napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

RedMorkai's Transformation Contest Log

Had some really good lifts on the past push and leg day. Squats yesterday I could tell my legs were beat up. When I "popped" at the top of the movement my legs would scream in pain, but the weight felt pretty light and the normal sticking point was feeling good so I fought through the pain. I quickly learned if I didn't do a quick pop at the top that my legs didn't ache. I could tell I had been pushing my limits, but the next 3 days are "light" days so I still pushed through.

Well today, got to the gym and did my tbar rows and chin ups. But I was completely dragging. I felt very cold and although I got a good workout from the rows, but by the time I got chin ups, my workout quickly started to fizzle. I don't like to admit it, but I decided to leave early. If I remember correctly, this will be my first unplanned day off in 2 years. I hope to get in tomorrow with no issues, as the next 2 days are supposed to be light. I may even make it slightly lighter than normal depending how I'm feeling.

Had some really good lifts on the past push and leg day. Squats yesterday I could tell my legs were beat up. When I "popped" at the top of the movement my legs would scream in pain, but the weight felt pretty light and the normal sticking point was feeling good so I fought through the pain. I quickly learned if I didn't do a quick pop at the top that my legs didn't ache. I could tell I had been pushing my limits, but the next 3 days are "light" days so I still pushed through.

Well today, got to the gym and did my tbar rows and chin ups. But I was completely dragging. I felt very cold and although I got a good workout from the rows, but by the time I got chin ups, my workout quickly started to fizzle. I don't like to admit it, but I decided to leave early. If I remember correctly, this will be my first unplanned day off in 2 years. I hope to get in tomorrow with no issues, as the next 2 days are supposed to be light. I may even make it slightly lighter than normal depending how I'm feeling.

Unfortunately, just like in dating, they can't all be winners. Got to have the bad ones to appreciate the good ones. I have the type of personality that is all in or all out, go go go, 100% all the time. However, as I have learned, while an asset in most cases, can be a liability in others. I am still learning where this line lays, when to push and when to back off. Generally, I don not push through pain.

Sounds like possible CNS fatigue, fatigue in general or just a bad workout. It happens. A couple extra rest days certainly won't hurt. If it makes you feel any better, I did something to my foot last night while doing legs. For some reason I decided to squat in my shoes, which I never do as I squat with my bare feet. No they weren't squat shoes and i know better than to do this. I consider myself relatively smart, however sometimes find myself doing something that makes me thing otherwise. This was one of those occasions. Anyways, i got a weird feeling in the top of my foot towards the end of the workout. Got home and touched the top of my foot and it felt like i got shocked. Not good. I am no doctor, but know that usually means a nerve of some kind. Couldn't reduplicate the feeling, but kind of feel it when i straighten my food out - point my toes. Been hitting calves really hard lately so perhaps related to that..who knows. Anyways some extra rest is in order.

All my lifts have been moving up fairly quick since moving into a calorie surplus. I actually benched 20lbs more than I was 3 weeks ago, my bench always suffers a lot when cutting. Also I've brought my cardio back in pretty much full swing with no issues with my ankle so far. I ran 5 days and was able to put 21 miles, 2 of those days were outside which was nice for a change.

For some odd reason I read something on forum the other day that made me think week 9 was over today; so I took some pics before I realized I'm an idiot lol. Anyways I'll share a pic from that, just won't add it to my little transformation slidestrip I've been making.

25ivpdf.jpg

You look really solid man. I know your said the loose skin bothers you but honestly I don't even notice it. I'm sure everything will tighten up appropriately as you put on more muscle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You look really solid man. I know your said the loose skin bothers you but honestly I don't even notice it. I'm sure everything will tighten up appropriately as you put on more muscle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree , there's definitely a difference. You're putting in a lot of work & it shows. Keep it up as we all will!!!!!

Thanks! We're always out own worse critic, that's for sure. It does seem to be tightening up all the time, so I'm at least hopeful.

I agree , there's definitely a difference. You're putting in a lot of work & it shows. Keep it up as we all will!!!!!

Thanks bro! We all seem to be doing quite well.

Still definitely under the weather but am improving. I did go to the gym today, it's usually my day off. I ran 1 mile which was actually fairly hard to do. I got sweaty very quick compared to normal lol. I did 3 sets of very light bench, only 155 8 reps. I also did some light squats 3 sets of 225x6. May have been counter productive, and I'm sure that weight I didn't get much of any stimuli. But I really did want to get in some work albeit minor. Hoping to feel better and hit deadlifts hard tomorrow!

Seem to be getting better everyday, still very low energy. Got my lifts in for today, for the most part I kept my strength on all lifts from the previous Sunday. I kept the deadlift to one set to play it safe and improved by 1 rep on my pull ups.

It's been another 3 weeks since my last pics so I'm uploading today. Definitely feeling better today but I still have moments of exhaustion. Today was push day and bench was down a slight bit but everything was on par and some lifts upan extra rep or so. I moved up to adding 70lbs for dips.

I didn't get a very good back shot for this week, I pulled in my shoulder blades too tight and lost the lat width. Posing is something I definitely will need to work on. I also have some swelling in my right lateral delt which makes that arm look a little sausagy haha.

2ngtq9z.jpg

It's been another 3 weeks since my last pics so I'm uploading today. Definitely feeling better today but I still have moments of exhaustion. Today was push day and bench was down a slight bit but everything was on par and some lifts upan extra rep or so. I moved up to adding 70lbs for dips.

I didn't get a very good back shot for this week, I pulled in my shoulder blades too tight and lost the lat width. Posing is something I definitely will need to work on. I also have some swelling in my right lateral delt which makes that arm look a little sausagy haha.

2ngtq9z.jpg
Awesome work!!!!! You've made great progress, you look great!!

Finally feeling a 100% today. My drive and motivation is back to 110% like normal haha. Got another week to kill it then going on vacation for 10 days. Hopefully I won't deflate too much during that time on top of what I lost this past week from being sick.

Finally feeling a 100% today. My drive and motivation is back to 110% like normal haha. Got another week to kill it then going on vacation for 10 days. Hopefully I won't deflate too much during that time on top of what I lost this past week from being sick.

Glad your back to 110% red!! Keep killing it!

Looking good RedM. In your most recent pic your shoulders seem fuller, Lower Ab V Taper is more noticeable and you look fuller over all. Great job. Going anywhere good for Vacation?

Top Bottom