napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Pride and Prejudice: Version 44

44YOGearHead

Suppose I was 19 and never really comprehended what it meant to truly workout. Say my idea, like many that age... and even older, of working out was going to bodybuilding.com and thinking I'm an intermediate at weight lifting rather than the novice I am. Pride can be a bitch and prevent a lot of good shit from happening. I see it all the time at my gym... I've been lifting since age 12. I just realized a lot of aspects about lifting at age 45. If you've been lifting less than ten years even with extensive reading I feel you're not fully aware of all the aspects of lifting. Even IFBB pros have trainers dummy. Now if you've been lifting for ten plus years and you're built like lifting was actually an afterthought... well umm, there's a phrase for that... it's called you suck. Too many of us 'think' were built and not enough of us are.
I trained with another guy last week. He's smaller than me but a big guy. I mean I look at him and see a big guy and although he says I'm bigger it doesn't matter. I wanted to try some stuff he does out in the gym. Another guy in the gym I know asked me 'Who is he? More importantly,why are you lifting with him?'. My response was to learn. He laughed and said 'Like he can teach you anything'. That was a very ignorant assumption. Every moment is an opportunity to acquire knowledge- good, or bad. Remember that. What we learn in the gym is imo based upon one thing and one thing alone... your effort level. Nobody ever got small training hard and heavy. Nobody.
I see guys all the time assuming they are big bad asses in the gym. Gotta love them. They are what makes my day. They're spinning tires in the sand. They'll never get anywhere physique wise because they've handicapped themselves with a closed mind. I'm always trying to learn. Granted there's a lot of ignorant advice out there and usually the guy giving advice looks like shit. I try to be that guy in the gym minding his business and if you take a moment to observe my effort level, the weight I use and put the pieces together you can pick up a few things and apply it. Usually people get up and leave from around me. Oh well fuck it. Probably saved themselves from injury.
Point is before I get off topic too much is this: An open mind never misses the tiny specks of worthwhile knowledge. It might get hit with a barrage of bullshit you have to sift through, but it's like mining for diamonds... you move tons of debris to hit the payload and the expense is always worth it. Lol, site selection is import though. Nobody ever gets swole listening to the fat guy.
Tomorrow is a new day people. If you train like a pussy switch it up. If you rest more that you lift- switch it up. TUT stands for time under tension, not time utilizing text. Man up. YOLO... You Only Lift Once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom