napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

needle size question

Joe S.

Been seeing some needle post lately, being that there is a good possibility I will be pinning in the near future I have been doing research, where to get them from if needed, as well as proper sizes and how to inject.. Since I will be going the Dr route to begin with, I assume they will show me everything and I assume my script would come with the necessary items, 2 needles, a draw and a pin?
From what I have seen that would be an 18 and a 25 gauge. ALTHOUGH I watched one video on how to self inject where the guy pinned with a 30 gauge... It took him 8 seconds to pin his test cyp. Anyone else try pinning test cyp with a 30? Is there that much a difference between a 25-30? Just wondering if that may be worth asking the Doctor about.

I would not draw with an 18g. That's too big, and you can take chunks out of the vial stopper which you don't want contaminating your oil.

I draw with a 22g and inject with a 25g.

Length depends on site, but 1-1.5" covers aboyt everything

I use www.gpzservices.com for my pins and syringes

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I was not walked through anything with my doctor. They supplied me 3cc syringes and a single 1 1/2" 22 1/2g needles for each injection.

I draw with 22g. I usually use 25g 1in for VG and 27g 1/2in for pecs, delts, tris and lats. I've used 30g, it does take a little more time to push through the 30g, it seems like it might be easier when using a smaller barrel. One time I did a little over 2cc with a 30g and I didn't bother to heat up the oil, that injection was excruciatingly slow lol. I sometimes been using 27g 3/4in for VG if I'm doing 2cc or less. I've had no issues with 27g and flow, I still have to slow the injection speed down rather than just push it in.

The doctor will likely be against the shallower needles, but if you're lean enough and either use z-tracking or dimple the the skin when injecting, I don't think you'll have any issues.

I tried using a 25g needle once for test on the glute....and it was extremely hard to inject..like it hurt my hand I had to push so hard...thought the syringe was gonna snap in half....what did I do wrong haha...I've always used 23g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Wow I'm surprised they wouldn't walk you through that, figured they at least make sure you don't pass out the first time. I think I'll be fine and don't have a needle phobia or anything so not to worried about that. Cool so if going in the thigh which seems to be the easiest access by myself I guess either a 25 or 27 and 1" would be sufficient? not really any fat there to go through.

Wow I'm surprised they wouldn't walk you through that, figured they at least make sure you don't pass out the first time. I think I'll be fine and don't have a needle phobia or anything so not to worried about that. Cool so if going in the thigh which seems to be the easiest access by myself I guess either a 25 or 27 and 1" would be sufficient? not really any fat there to go through.
I've used a 23g inch for quad

I've literally only done quad 3 times, 25g 1in. I thought I'd like the quads the best but I'm just not a fan. I didn't really have any bad experiences, but twice I felt a twitchy weird feeling when withdrawing needle. It wasn't painful or anything, just didn't care for the feeling. I got annoying pip which made it hard to walk the 3rd time, so I just now favor other areas. VG is a great beginner pin spot, but I understand the appeal of quads as you have two hands, less twisting, and can sit down etc.

Check this out Joe I draw with a 18g and then pin with 27g

“Standard Needle Lengths for Injection”

Glutes: 1-1.5 inch.
Delts: 1 inch.
Quads: 1 inch (some individuals can use as small as a ½ inch needle when injecting into the quads, depending on how lean they are).
Biceps: ½-1 inch.
Triceps: ½-1 inch.
Calves: ½ inch.
Traps: ½- 1 inch
Lats: 1 inch.
The above recommendations are the “average” needle lengths used for each bodypart listed. 23-25 g. syringes can be purchased with needle lengths between ½ to 1.5 inches in length. Simply choose whatever needle length you will need based on the bodypart(s) you will be injecting into.

Check this out Joe I draw with a 18g and then pin with 27g

“Standard Needle Lengths for Injection”

Glutes: 1-1.5 inch.
Delts: 1 inch.
Quads: 1 inch (some individuals can use as small as a ½ inch needle when injecting into the quads, depending on how lean they are).
Biceps: ½-1 inch.
Triceps: ½-1 inch.
Calves: ½ inch.
Traps: ½- 1 inch
Lats: 1 inch.
The above recommendations are the “average” needle lengths used for each bodypart listed. 23-25 g. syringes can be purchased with needle lengths between ½ to 1.5 inches in length. Simply choose whatever needle length you will need based on the bodypart(s) you will be injecting into.
How do uh guys use 25s....I've used it once and it was extremely hard to push through. about hurt my hand lol.and thought I was gonna snap the syringe haha

How do uh guys use 25s....I've used it once and it was extremely hard to push through. about hurt my hand lol.and thought I was gonna snap the syringe haha

Only thing I can think of is the quality of oil and the quality of the syringe/needle. I think some of the cheaper needles can have a thinner inner gauge despite having the same outer gauge. I purposely go slow with a 25g.

I use a 22 to draw and 23-25 to pin. Don't count on the Doc to go over this with you. He may, but in my experience I was on my own.

Only thing I can think of is the quality of oil and the quality of the syringe/needle. I think some of the cheaper needles can have a thinner inner gauge despite having the same outer gauge. I purposely go slow with a 25g.
When I tried it it was the trt from my dr..so it was from pharmacy...and the syringe and needle were both BD brand i believe lol

When I tried it it was the trt from my dr..so it was from pharmacy...and the syringe and needle were both BD brand i believe lol

Is this every time you inject? Had no problem with my script dose. I use same syringes but nipro needles. BD needles should be good though.

Is this every time you inject? Had no problem with my script dose. I use same syringes but nipro needles. BD needles should be good though.
Idk...I just tried the 25g one time...ever since then I've been using a 23g

Who's brand are you injecting with LOL a little late on this

Thanks Gents, Great info shared by all as usual much appreciated !!!

Thanks Tinman for the detailed list.

Top Bottom