napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Maintaining macros

Bigsteve5776

I use my fitness pal, recently downloaded it. It is a very helpful app. It has also made me realize that while keeping very accurate track if what I ingest every day, that my carbs are slightly higher than I would like them to be. I'm usually within range but my fats never make the cut. My protein and carbs always come very close to a tie but my carbs are higher on the pie chart throughout the day, when I realize this I smash protein so that they end up at least even. It's pissing me off the only way I can really lower the carbs a bit would be to cut out very important things like oats or the amount of rice which I will do if necessary. This app is great, it can be a wake up call about what you think you are taking in versus what you are really taking in if you log everything you eat. It made me very aware of what I'm actually eating macros wise. I never go over my calories but my carbs are always the easiest to obtain. I don't like using too many protein shakes throughout the day. My fats also need to be brought up about 20 a day and the solution is easy... peanut butter. as for the carbs I will just have to be more conscious.

i was having this conversation with 9th wonder yesterday.... i was showing him how i literally weight everything ... here's what i tell everyone if they say "that's overboard" etc... if you really want to TRULY say you eat this many calories, follow this certain diet, take in a certain type of macros then it needs to have precision.. you can say you are "close" without keeping thorough track but essentially, most SAY they eat certain amounts and can be up to 500 calories or more off... its so common... thats a HUGE gap... even 250 is when you are talking precision and maintenance... apps like MFP help with precision... if you truly want to say you are doing something then you go all in or don't do it at all...

Oh yeah man, agreed. My diet isn't bad by any means. But I was very ignorant to what I was actually taking in daily. This app really opened my eyes and helped me see what is actually going on. It's giving me the opportunity to see changes I need to make that weren't visible before. Any food you search is dead accurate. I checked like 20 things in my kitchen and it was pin-point on the dot with everything. I'm glad I found it.

i was having this conversation with 9th wonder yesterday.... i was showing him how i literally weight everything ... here's what i tell everyone if they say "that's overboard" etc... if you really want to TRULY say you eat this many calories, follow this certain diet, take in a certain type of macros then it needs to have precision.. you can say you are "close" without keeping thorough track but essentially, most SAY they eat certain amounts and can be up to 500 calories or more off... its so common... thats a HUGE gap... even 250 is when you are talking precision and maintenance... apps like MFP help with precision... if you truly want to say you are doing something then you go all in or don't do it at all...

Lol.. that's good shit. I need to use my scale more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah man, agreed. My diet isn't bad by any means. But I was very ignorant to what I was actually taking in daily. This app really opened my eyes and helped me see what is actually going on. It's giving me the opportunity to see changes I need to make that weren't visible before. Any food you search is dead accurate. I checked like 20 things in my kitchen and it was pin-point on the dot with everything. I'm glad I found it.
I love this app! It's as simple as scanning the Barcode!! You can adjust your macros to fit you! I use this app religously.
And yes I agree with dylan, weighing food is the only real accurate way. Guestimating doesn't cut it!

In the zone killin' it!

I love this app! It's as simple as scanning the Barcode!! You can adjust your macros to fit you! I use this app religously.
And yes I agree with dylan, weighing food is the only real accurate way. Guestimating doesn't cut it!

In the zone killin' it!

Yeah I always put everything in containers and take them to work. It makes it easier to have all the shit laid out for yourself. Every other Monday I have a cheat meal and a good breakfast. Fuck portions on that. I enjoy my cheat meals. It's nice to actually look forward to eating some pizza or getting a big steak. Many people take that shit for granted. Someone like me who doesn't get to eat it very often appreciates it a lot more.

It's all about what works for you. I used to be abut user of the myfitnesspal app religiously as well as weighing everything. I'm to the point now where I don't track or weigh anything just because I know my meals, portions, etc well enough to know what meets my numbers. Of course things aren't "exact" but that is negligible and not a concern of mine at the moment especially as I'm building mass. If I was in prep I'd certainly go back to strict tracking and monitoring

I use fatsecret, has most anything you eat, and can add stuff that isn't in their database

I use fatsecret, has most anything you eat, and can add stuff that isn't in their database

thats actually a good one as well... thanks for sharing jp... its nice to have other options... these apps are a tremendous help and are definite eye openers as they really shed light on everything you are doing and can show you flaws you may have quickly so you are able to correct them..

foodscales are abosultly key to dieting , when you are dieting you can't just estimate how much peanut butter that is, how much rice that is, how much chicken that is, if you use a food scale , use a good tracking app, and are strict with your willpower, dieting will be a breeze

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008
100% Shipping Success Rate
http://i.imgbox.com/W9MENydX.gif

foodscales are abosultly key to dieting , when you are dieting you can't just estimate how much peanut butter that is, how much rice that is, how much chicken that is, if you use a food scale , use a good tracking app, and are strict with your willpower, dieting will be a breeze

PHARMACOM Head Board Rep
http://pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008
100% Shipping Success Rate
http://i.imgbox.com/W9MENydX.gif

It's really not that bad, you can still eat good just have to find ways. Halo top was a life changer for me when I saw that thread on here. I still allow a cheat day every other Monday so I can still enjoy what I like. That's the difference between a treat and being a fat bastard.

It's really not that bad, you can still eat good just have to find ways. Halo top was a life changer for me when I saw that thread on here. I still allow a cheat day every other Monday so I can still enjoy what I like. That's the difference between a treat and being a fat bastard.

trust me, when you eat the way i do, its a MUST to come up any way possible to enhance the taste of your food, which i have clearly done... you can be creative and come up with amazing dishes but you have to use your mind and be creative...

I have been using this app for awhile now it is pretty amazing how much it can help you learn about food and how to maintain macros . I love it and now i can look at food and have a really good idea of its nutritional value before i even scan it.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I have been religiously weighing and tracking my food for the last 2 years. I have noticed a PROFOUND difference in my body composition since I started tracking and weighing my food. It was a bit tedious in the beginning, but now is a way of life. The tracking part on my fitness pal takes literally 5 minutes. I have 3 -4 staple meals, so I just copy them from day to day. Tracking removes all speculation and variables in regards to diet. I can say with confidence, this is what my calorie intake is and this is what my macros are. People comment on how much my better I look then ask how I did it. I begin to explain to them and their response is "Wow that's to much work." No it isn't, it just takes work and effort.

I have been religiously weighing and tracking my food for the last 2 years. I have noticed a PROFOUND difference in my body composition since I started tracking and weighing my food. It was a bit tedious in the beginning, but now is a way of life. The tracking part on my fitness pal takes literally 5 minutes. I have 3 -4 staple meals, so I just copy them from day to day. Tracking removes all speculation and variables in regards to diet. I can say with confidence, this is what my calorie intake is and this is what my macros are. People comment on how much my better I look then ask how I did it. I begin to explain to them and their response is "Wow that's to much work." No it isn't, it just takes work and effort.

awesome brother! i am in full agreement and it is something i have been preaching about for quite some time... you can clearly see the difference because you are actually taking in what you thought you were as opposed to guessing or being lackadaisical about it and being far off from what you thought... then people wonder why something is not working when all they have to do is look in the mirror and they can see first hand who is to blame... great post bro

awesome brother! i am in full agreement and it is something i have been preaching about for quite some time... you can clearly see the difference because you are actually taking in what you thought you were as opposed to guessing or being lackadaisical about it and being far off from what you thought... then people wonder why something is not working when all they have to do is look in the mirror and they can see first hand who is to blame... great post bro

I think the biggest surprise was with powdered coffee creamer. I thought I was doing good by not buying the liquid creamer and opting for a non-fat powder creamer instead. Each serving only had 10 calories, no big deal right? One day I thought I would measure on the scale what I consumed on average in one cup of coffee. It came to 7 servings. That's 7 servings x 10 calories each serving = 70 calories x 2-3 cups per day = 140-210 calories unaccounted for in my meal plan. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 20-30 minutes of cardio! No thanks, I either opt for unsweetened almond milk or if I'm cutting, regular black coffee. Tracking my food has made me aware of all those little things that will nickel and dime your diet to death. Obviously, you understand this, but try explaining this to the average person and they look at you like your crazy.

I use my fitness pal, recently downloaded it. It is a very helpful app. It has also made me realize that while keeping very accurate track if what I ingest every day, that my carbs are slightly higher than I would like them to be. I'm usually within range but my fats never make the cut. My protein and carbs always come very close to a tie but my carbs are higher on the pie chart throughout the day, when I realize this I smash protein so that they end up at least even. It's pissing me off the only way I can really lower the carbs a bit would be to cut out very important things like oats or the amount of rice which I will do if necessary. This app is great, it can be a wake up call about what you think you are taking in versus what you are really taking in if you log everything you eat. It made me very aware of what I'm actually eating macros wise. I never go over my calories but my carbs are always the easiest to obtain. I don't like using too many protein shakes throughout the day. My fats also need to be brought up about 20 a day and the solution is easy... peanut butter. as for the carbs I will just have to be more conscious.

exactly bro. once you starting tracking everything it really opens your eyes to your Diet

I think the biggest surprise was with powdered coffee creamer. I thought I was doing good by not buying the liquid creamer and opting for a non-fat powder creamer instead. Each serving only had 10 calories, no big deal right? One day I thought I would measure on the scale what I consumed on average in one cup of coffee. It came to 7 servings. That's 7 servings x 10 calories each serving = 70 calories x 2-3 cups per day = 140-210 calories unaccounted for in my meal plan. Doesn't sound like much, but that's 20-30 minutes of cardio! No thanks, I either opt for unsweetened almond milk or if I'm cutting, regular black coffee. Tracking my food has made me aware of all those little things that will nickel and dime your diet to death. Obviously, you understand this, but try explaining this to the average person and they look at you like your crazy.
very smart move with the unsweetened almond milk... you may want to try the cashew/almond milk from almond breeze... its so good and good for you... its amazing the little mistakes that are normally made that the app can help with.. that most certainly is a very significant finding you made...

Top Bottom