napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Losing Fat: Eat Less, Move More

Guppy

Like some of you, I sit at a desk all day. I work in a construction atmosphere so most employees are beer drinking, fast food sloths and gluttons. After more than 25 years in this Trade, Im still shocked at the physical size of some of these workers considoring the amount of walking, climbing and excersize they get on the daily.

When I transitioned from feild labor to Office, I was pretty stealthy. My bf was low, metabolism was high and I felt pretty indestructable. Slowly, after marraige and kids, three cars, a dog and a lawn to mow weekly...My waistline began to grow. I never saw it until I looked back on photos of the past.

At a turning point in my life, perhaps 18-20 years ago, I remember well...I was in my office and recieved a phone call from the wife. She was shopping for cloths one day and called to ask my Pant size. Just hearing myself say the words...42 inch...and they have to have the "stretch-band" struck me so hard I was dizzy. It was such a wake up call. I looked around the office at the size of the other engineers, witnessing their big asses spilling over the chairs. I still cant believe it, looking back.

I set out to change my life, and get back to looking how I felt I looked all along. I analyzed my lifestyle, diet and abilities. I clumsily made small adjustments to my meals, began walking more, moving around and dug out my rusty weights and benches under piles of holiday decorations in the garage. As I researched more...and more...and still more, I adapted a routine that worked for me. Sure, I tried every fat burner, tried Atkins diet, green tea and every snake oil available. In about a year I was at a comfortable weight and back into a 32 pants. In the years to follow, my experimentation took me to a size 30..then 29 before realizing I was burning off muscle too fast with my cardio. I was bowling, tennis, jogging twice a day and weight lifting. My BF was under 5%. I looked great...but my size had shrunk. I overdid it.

Well..again, in the years to follow...I balanced my diet, restored my size without the fat. I feel that I have become in complete control of my weight all due to four simple words. Eat less, move more. Simple enough? It allows me to balance myself..and I cant understand how people dont understand it.

for the last 1.5 years, Im in a new office with rather large people again. They gawk at my eating habits, travel meals and confidence. Im lean...yet Eat all the time. I try to give advice when asked, without sounding narcissistic. Im concerned about some of these people, who I call friends. As a challenge...Ive martyred myself and took 8-9 months to fatten up. Dont laugh...but my point was to gain a nice layer of chub and work with them to lose it together. My kids who were both near obese had gotten on board also. I took myself from 10% to 24%bf late last year (it was kinda fun really) eating fast food, ice cream, snack bars and soda. I stopped jogging and sports...but still lifted. My poor eating habits earned the trust of my friends at work (misery loves company) and when I reached a point ...I started preaching about diet and health. They got the chance to see me cut out certain foods and sodas. They see me take walks during lunch and not order pizza and burgers. They see my packed meals of protiens and low carbs. Most of all, they see the size changing of my body. Not everyone...but two (4 including my kids) have begun modelling my aproach. They have lost an astonishing amount of size in 6 months..and continue still. My kids (daughter mostly) has taken it to a whole new level and I couldnt be more proud. It has taken on a life of its own.

I am close to where I want to be...Im comfortable but still have goals. I have one pant size left to go which should put me at about 10%bf. My challenge was successful and I feel like i contributed to saving someones life thru "lead by example" and education.

attached is a you-tube video from a physisist that I recently saw, which outlines my original findings. It prompted me to write this ridiculously long post. Check it out...i found it fascinating.
thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Gup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

Peace

Yes basically people get to carried away with time on the treadmill and gymtime only!

they also get carried away with the types of food they eat more so then carlories.( i know alot of people calorie count but we in a a minoirty)

when i said carried away with treadmill time.I mean people dont pay attention to the phyical activity they do.. day in and day out. walking places. working environment.I for one have a physical labor job and i love it! i have a calorie counter on during my work hours and i burn about 500 calories a day from just work alone.I try to walk places instead of always driving.I try to run around with the kids in the park a bit, when i take them..etc

people who run on a treadmill 3 times a week and lay on a couch all day when off from work and sit behind a desk at work.Just arent getting it

Like some of you, I sit at a desk all day. I work in a construction atmosphere so most employees are beer drinking, fast food sloths and gluttons. After more than 25 years in this Trade, Im still shocked at the physical size of some of these workers considoring the amount of walking, climbing and excersize they get on the daily.

When I transitioned from feild labor to Office, I was pretty stealthy. My bf was low, metabolism was high and I felt pretty indestructable. Slowly, after marraige and kids, three cars, a dog and a lawn to mow weekly...My waistline began to grow. I never saw it until I looked back on photos of the past.

At a turning point in my life, perhaps 18-20 years ago, I remember well...I was in my office and recieved a phone call from the wife. She was shopping for cloths one day and called to ask my Pant size. Just hearing myself say the words...42 inch...and they have to have the "stretch-band" struck me so hard I was dizzy. It was such a wake up call. I looked around the office at the size of the other engineers, witnessing their big asses spilling over the chairs. I still cant believe it, looking back.

I set out to change my life, and get back to looking how I felt I looked all along. I analyzed my lifestyle, diet and abilities. I clumsily made small adjustments to my meals, began walking more, moving around and dug out my rusty weights and benches under piles of holiday decorations in the garage. As I researched more...and more...and still more, I adapted a routine that worked for me. Sure, I tried every fat burner, tried Atkins diet, green tea and every snake oil available. In about a year I was at a comfortable weight and back into a 32 pants. In the years to follow, my experimentation took me to a size 30..then 29 before realizing I was burning off muscle too fast with my cardio. I was bowling, tennis, jogging twice a day and weight lifting. My BF was under 5%. I looked great...but my size had shrunk. I overdid it.

Well..again, in the years to follow...I balanced my diet, restored my size without the fat. I feel that I have become in complete control of my weight all due to four simple words. Eat less, move more. Simple enough? It allows me to balance myself..and I cant understand how people dont understand it.

for the last 1.5 years, Im in a new office with rather large people again. They gawk at my eating habits, travel meals and confidence. Im lean...yet Eat all the time. I try to give advice when asked, without sounding narcissistic. Im concerned about some of these people, who I call friends. As a challenge...Ive martyred myself and took 8-9 months to fatten up. Dont laugh...but my point was to gain a nice layer of chub and work with them to lose it together. My kids who were both near obese had gotten on board also. I took myself from 10% to 24%bf late last year (it was kinda fun really) eating fast food, ice cream, snack bars and soda. I stopped jogging and sports...but still lifted. My poor eating habits earned the trust of my friends at work (misery loves company) and when I reached a point ...I started preaching about diet and health. They got the chance to see me cut out certain foods and sodas. They see me take walks during lunch and not order pizza and burgers. They see my packed meals of protiens and low carbs. Most of all, they see the size changing of my body. Not everyone...but two (4 including my kids) have begun modelling my aproach. They have lost an astonishing amount of size in 6 months..and continue still. My kids (daughter mostly) has taken it to a whole new level and I couldnt be more proud. It has taken on a life of its own.

I am close to where I want to be...Im comfortable but still have goals. I have one pant size left to go which should put me at about 10%bf. My challenge was successful and I feel like i contributed to saving someones life thru "lead by example" and education.

attached is a you-tube video from a physisist that I recently saw, which outlines my original findings. It prompted me to write this ridiculously long post. Check it out...i found it fascinating.
thank you for reading and have a great day!
-Gup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

Peace
Thank you for this very inspirational post brother! Congrats on your transformation and amazing progress, and for sharing with us

people who run on a treadmill 3 times a week and lay on a couch all day when off from work and sit behind a desk at work.Just arent getting it

Some of the folks here at my office chuckle when they see me walking a mile at lunch to go to the 7-eleven. Its a mile....A MILE!. and they drive there everyday, buy hotdogs and pizza. Then snicker when I get back and joke "have a nice walk?!". Pfft...Im laughing at them and their fat asses racing toward diabetes like theres a big gulp at the finish line.
Im like Dude...look at me. Now look at you. Ha

Its a shame, cause there are a few here that really get it. Maybe they remember high school..or what they looked like when they were single or something. But a few are trying. I applaud them!

I used to take the stairs and avoided coffee, people thought that was so amazing, I was like we work on the second floor are u kidding,me? that elevator if for wheel chairs, not u..

Dude treadmills are gay... I hate them. I do stairclimber occasionally for the leg development but other than that all deit baby.

74b699711549d867fce4e8e4ceda6fa5ee0681a472ddc0dcf798c13127b4bc7c.jpg

Some of the folks here at my office chuckle when they see me walking a mile at lunch to go to the 7-eleven. Its a mile....A MILE!. and they drive there everyday, buy hotdogs and pizza. Then snicker when I get back and joke "have a nice walk?!". Pfft...Im laughing at them and their fat asses racing toward diabetes like theres a big gulp at the finish line.
Im like Dude...look at me. Now look at you. Ha

Its a shame, cause there are a few here that really get it. Maybe they remember high school..or what they looked like when they were single or something. But a few are trying. I applaud them!

i know people dont have common sense.then they will walk a mile on a treadmill at the same speed and think there is a difference the only get off their fat ass to walk a mile once in a blue moon

Top Bottom