napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Lab Work Questions

dizzler

So I went and got some blood work a few days ago (in the am 2 hours after waking up and 12 hours fasting). The results came and I saw that I had unusually high LH. I looked through all kinds of different forums to see if anyone else had this combination of test results but everyone with high LH always had low test and high estrogen. I haven't touched anything since 10 weeks of test and tren which ended sep 2015. Can lord yoda gemelli or anyone make sense of this? My results:

Testosterone, Serum 911 348-1197 ng/dL
LH 22.7 HIGH 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL
FSH 12.2 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL
Estradiol <6.0 LOW 7.6-42.6 pg/mL

I've never seen results like these...high LH and normal to high Testosterone are almost mutually exclusive
A retest is in order
If the results are correct.... you have something seriously wrong with your pituatary gland
Best to consult with a good Endocrinologist....

Last edited:
I'm no labs guru by any means, but the ranges on this as to what my standards sheet says is definitely mind boggling. Can you post the sheet after blocking out personal info.

something is not right... in 10 years i have never seen anything like this... not even close to that... your lh is drastic here... estrogen is completely tanked too... i cant even make sense of this one bro, i dont think anyone but a doctor should see this

View attachment 4038 View attachment 4039 I don't really feel anything wrong with me so first I'll retest and go from there.
you know whats completely fucked here bro... your panel is one of the cleanest panels ive seen in a long time except for your estrogen levels and the freakishly strange lh number... i would retest and see if it comes back the same... if it does, i would go directly to an endo and see what is going on

Denfitely go get retested bro, and then follow up with us on those results. I'm genuinely curious if that was a fault on the test or if there is something else going on

First of all, what are you taking? What is your stack and supplement routine?

Secondly....a couple of thoughts. Now I'm no scientist, but I had a similar experience with my wife...which makes me more educated than most in the pituitary.

Here is what I'm thinking...and PLEASE do your own research as well.

As we know, LH is usually high to stimulate testosterone production. Your Testosterone is on the higher end (but normal range). However, I don't think the opposite is true..let me explain. Meaning that you CAN effectively have high LH AND high (or normal) Testosterone at the same time (let me explain)...meaning that your pituitary is not turning off LH production even though your Testosterone is in normal ranges. Following me so far? So this is my thinking. The reason I say this is due to an analogous situation that occurred to my wife with her pituitary.

She had very high prolactin levels at one time in her life (2001-2002). Usually this happens during pregnancy, and she was NOT pregnant - but we were trying and couldn't get pregnant. After many tests, they finally did the right blood work and we found out that her Prolactin was super high (like off the charts). Prolactin is produced by the pituitary as well (just like LH) and signals to the body to make breast milk (hence the word "lactin" - i.e. lactose). In her situation (not to scare you), she had a benign and very small pituitary tumor - specifically a tumor of the cells that produce the prolactin (i.e. a prolactinoma).

Not saying you have this...but DEFINITELY get checked again. If it is STILL high...definitely go see an endocrinologist specializing in the pituitary. Then request an MRI/CT Scan of the brain. Note: Hers went undiagnosed for about 6 months because the technology was too poor to detect it - as it was very very small. Once it grew a little more and the technology of the MRI machines caught up, they found it. It was a simple surgery (I know brain surgery doesn't sound simple), but all they did was go in through her nose and remove the tumor. This was back in 2002 and she has been 100% fine ever since - she's 46 now (that was when she was 31). So you'll be fine but better to fix now.

I'm guessing your young - hence the normal testosterone levels and such - you just don't want other issues.

Some things to review:
http://elitemensguide.com/lh-luteinizing-hormone/
http://pituitary.ucla.edu/pituitary-adenomas (Definitely look at the symptoms and see if you have anything here).
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3102541
http://pituitary.org/knowledge-base/disorders/fsh-lh-tumors

Home this helps.
B

Thanks for the input guys and thanks for all that info B. I actually read a few days ago that someone also found out a tumor was the culprit for this same problem. On a usual day I'll take vit c, d, k, multi, magnesium chloride, glucosamine, msm, creatine, cla, fish oil, mct oil, bcaas, apple cider vinegar and liv52 liver detox. I eat pretty clean and very rarely drink. Not on any sarms, peptides, or gear.

One thing that slipped my mind was dutasteride. I've been off it for 3 weeks after only taking it for two weeks through late February/early March and I had also taken it for around two months from October and November 2016. I came off it because I didn't think it would be wise to have any dht inhibitors in my system if I were considering doing a cycle with test or any dht based gear. Before when I had researched it for its effects I had only seen good things from people on different hair loss forums. Now as I've been researching it more the past few days, dutasteride is utter bullshit that seems to be ruining all kinds of people. I don't really feel any sides from it thankfully. Regardless, are any of you aware of ways to get that shit out of my system more rapidly? Other than just diet and exercise the only thing I've seen online so far was someone suggesting fasting a couple days as it worked for them.

The only thing I've seen prolactin related with dutasteride was in relation to treating the prostate: "In subjects with BPH treated with dutasteride in a large randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, there was a median percent increase in luteinizing hormone of 12% at 6 months and 19% at both 12 and 24 months." Still though, those percentages don't really explain my results.

I'm aiming for Saturday to get a retest and I think I'll get a thyroid, dht, and liver panel while I'm at it. Maybe more if you guys have any suggestions.

Just to clarify I wasn't saying yours was prolactin based. I was just using an example from another pituitary based cell. I would stop all of your supps for 1 month and get your blood work again. If LH is till abnormal then consider more serious steps to rule out any disfinction from the pituitary. Good luck and keep us posted.

Just to clarify I wasn't saying yours was prolactin based. I was just using an example from another pituitary based cell. I would stop all of your supps for 1 month and get your blood work again. If LH is till abnormal then consider more serious steps to rule out any disfinction from the pituitary. Good luck and keep us posted.

Whoops, I meant LH not prolactin. Long day.

Top Bottom