napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

First BLAST, thoughts/suggestions

cb1

Big thank you to Dylan for putting out so much great content, really enjoying the variety these days!! and to the other members on this forum that contribute with helpful knowledge!! Its really appreciated!!

Stats:

35 yrs, 6'-3", 230 lbs , 10-12% bf approx
been lifting off and on for 20+ yrs, last 2-3 yrs steady 4+ days a week..

previous cycle exp : M1T for 6 weeks early 20's

Been on TRT for almost a year now, protocol : 80mg Test Cyp SubQ - per week and 500 iu HCG per week.. No AI... Prescribed by Doc that specializes in TRT..

Levels @ last test (June) 1 day after pin :

Test 1050 ng/dl , Free Test 184 pg/ml, Test Bio Ava 455 ng/dl

E2 29 pg/ml

Next test in October will be 5 days after pin.... total Test before TRT was low 400 and E2 was really low as well @ 11 pg/ml, prolactin was in middle of range.. everything else checked out good, lipids ect..

Have made some great progress at the gym since TRT, and am setting a goal to add some clean size 10+ lbs of clean mass..

Was thinking of doing a 12 week bulk/BLAST with 300 mg Test Cyp/week and possibly add in 100-150 mg NPP a couple weeks in if things are going smoothly, mainly to see if I get some joint relief (nagging shoulder and elbows from time to time)..From my research, I realize you suggest running Test and NPP the same during a cycle, wondering what you'd suggest at these levels/goals?? after the blast just back to my regular TRT until next check up..
Was planning to get blood test 6 weeks in, checking on prolactin as well..

Would you suggest continuing HCG during Blast or stopping it until TRT resumes?

Blast:

wk 1-12 300mg test cyp
wk 3-12 150mg NPP

AI Adex 0.5mg EOD ? or E3D? and then adjust up/down as needed..
I have Caber as well, not sure how much or If completely necessary at that dosage of NPP but am thinking if yes, than starting at 0.25-.5 per week?
Also have Nolvadex on hand as well in case of a surprise..

Never had gyno as a teen and havent had it so to speak on TRT but after a few weeks on TRT when my E2 finally caught up, I could feel some overall tenderness in my chest, went away after about a week, and have never had it again.. Dr explained it as, since my E2 was actually so low, our bodys will produce more receptors to try and get whats available to it, and because I drastically increased it to a proper range the receptors were flooded
and responded accordingly, and needed to adjust...seemed to make sense...

Currently eating roughly 2500 cals as I was trying to recomp over the summer, but will taper up to around 4000 cal (450-500 carb,240-280 pro, 100 fat) for the start of the bulk and adjust accordingly

My training for the last 16-20 weeks has been a 4 day split, lifting heavy 3-5 exercises, in a 4-6 rep & 8-10 rep range... focusing on progressive overload..
Would you suggest continuing this lifting style and or adding more volume?
Cardio on average 2-3 days per week mixing between HIIT and steady state...

Would love to add a clean 10+ lbs leading into a nice slow cut going into next summer..

Looking for input as I am always trying to educate myself..

Thanks again guys!!

you should not exceed 4-6 of continuous hcg use as it is man... i would bump your npp to 300 along with test.. you are not going to see much of anything at 150... im all about moderate doses but this is even too low... at least go with 250 on npp... with caber at this dose all you need is .25 mg every 3 days and arimidex at .5 mg eod...

As far as your workouts, if you are progressing on the routine mentioned above then just keep stuff the same. No need to get all fancy just because you are blasting IMO.

you should not exceed 4-6 of continuous hcg use as it is man... i would bump your npp to 300 along with test.. you are not going to see much of anything at 150... im all about moderate doses but this is even too low... at least go with 250 on npp... with caber at this dose all you need is .25 mg every 3 days and arimidex at .5 mg eod...

I agree with you, the continued use of hcg seems like it would do more harm than good, Dr's goal was to help maintain fertility, but since now that we are expecting a third surprise lol, Im going to discontinue regular use, and just have it on hand when necessary...

I definitely want to get the benefit of adding NPP, so I will bump to 300mg/wk as suggested... What would you suggest for pinning schedule ? was thinking Mon, Wed and Fri.. also dividing my test shots as well and taking equal amounts same pin as NPP...

Thanks again man!!

As far as your workouts, if you are progressing on the routine mentioned above then just keep stuff the same. No need to get all fancy just because you are blasting IMO.

Good advice! I think this will be a good way to gauge strength increases from blasting..

I agree with you, the continued use of hcg seems like it would do more harm than good, Dr's goal was to help maintain fertility, but since now that we are expecting a third surprise lol, Im going to discontinue regular use, and just have it on hand when necessary...

I definitely want to get the benefit of adding NPP, so I will bump to 300mg/wk as suggested... What would you suggest for pinning schedule ? was thinking Mon, Wed and Fri.. also dividing my test shots as well and taking equal amounts same pin as NPP...

Thanks again man!!
congratulations on the third bro! you want to pin npp every other day and pin your test twice a week...

Been on TRT for almost a year now, protocol : 80mg Test Cyp SubQ - per week

Test 1050 ng/dl , Free Test 184 pg/ml, !!

Just wanted to highlight this.....80mg per week....and it puts him at the very top of the reference range at 1050ng/dL

Like I've been trying to pound into the heads of all this internet "experts" with no TRT experience...

100mg is a "normal" TRT dose that puts most men in reference range...NOT 150-200mg

There are more men achieving reference range at 100mg or less a week...than there are men having to use MORE than 100mg per week to achieve normal reference range

Just wanted to highlight this.....80mg per week....and it puts him at the very top of the reference range at 1050ng/dL

Like I've been trying to pound into the heads of all this internet "experts" with no TRT experience...

100mg is a "normal" TRT dose that puts most men in reference range...NOT 150-200mg

There are more men achieving reference range at 100mg or less a week...than there are men having to use MORE than 100mg per week to achieve normal reference range
thanks for pointing that out... a common mistake that i have even made in the past completely over doing it on trt... its not necessary whatsoever to be running it the way many do

To elaborate a bit further....if you need to use more than 150mg per week to achieve normal reference range...you really need to look at your total hormone balance, because something is off and needs to be addressed....just increasing your weekly dose is short sided

IF your "TRT' dose is putting you above 1100ng/dL.....
You aren't on TRT.....you are on a low dose continuous CYCLE.. Please don't kid yourself ....This can produce some serious long term health problems

Top Bottom