napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Fat grips

Anyone here use these?I just ordered them & they should be here tomorrow.I'm looking to get a better forearm workout with them while doing all the basic movements.

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Grips-2...psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

These are fine for guys with large hands. I personally hate bars that are too thick. When I set up my home gym I looked around for free weights with small bars. Many people do not realise that the thickness of the bar can be either a hindrance or a help.

I've never tried them myself. I know some people like them. For me, if I'm trying to work on forearm and grip strength I will hit reverse grip movements, hammer curls, and drag curls more

They are actually excellent pieces of equipment. They do make a serious difference.

Personally I hate small bars. I like lifting with axel bars and stuff like that. These grips on Dumbbells will make a huge difference though. No forearm workout will really compare. Most will target the upper portion anyway.

Discount code "5DC" saves you 5% off at Roids24.com.

They are actually excellent pieces of equipment. They do make a serious difference.

Personally I hate small bars. I like lifting with axel bars and stuff like that. These grips on Dumbbells will make a huge difference though. No forearm workout will really compare. Most will target the upper portion anyway.

Cool.I'm looking forward to trying pull-ups with them too.

Yep throw them on bench and close grip press too even skull crushers. They work for just about anything you want.

Yep throw them on bench and close grip press too even skull crushers. They work for just about anything you want.

Awesome!I should have them by Monday.It should be an interesting workout this week.

You can get a similar effect with a normal bar, just grip the bar real tight to activate your forearms more.

Seen them never tried it looks interesting all I really do for forarms is my first few sets of pull ups and bent over rows without straps then when they get week I use the straps so I can kill my back same with deadlifts then reverse and hammer curls

I have some fat grip bars that I love using. You'll get a grip like a chimp if you stick with it. I suggest using them with a full grip routine. Fat bar/grips, captains of crush and a bunch of pinch workouts holding plates. Oh, and don't forget the deadlifts...no straps!

I have some fat grip bars that I love using. You'll get a grip like a chimp if you stick with it. I suggest using them with a full grip routine. Fat bar/grips, captains of crush and a bunch of pinch workouts holding plates. Oh, and don't forget the deadlifts...no straps!

Cool,Thanks man.I never use straps.

The only problem I see using these is the potential to take away emphasis from the targeted muscle groups if your grip is fatigued more. I've never used them personally so I'm speculating, but I could see grip failing before you hit failure on chest, triceps, biceps, shoulders, back or whatever else you are working which could be a problem

The only problem I see using these is the potential to take away emphasis from the targeted muscle groups if your grip is fatigued more. I've never used them personally so I'm speculating, but I could see grip failing before you hit failure on chest, triceps, biceps, shoulders, back or whatever else you are working which could be a problem

I see what you're saying Rick but I've never had my grip or forearms fatigue before my muscle group I was working.Even with heavy deads.Maybe it's from being in construction my whole life & swinging a hammer for 20 years?I don't know.
I just got them in yesterday but it was leg day so I didn't get a chance to use them.Today is chest day & I plan on using them for everything.I plan on doing all dumbells today(presses,flys & pullovers).I like adding in dumbell presses once in a while because of the stretch I get with them.I think these 2" grips are perfect.Not too wide.They go all the way up to 3" & unless you have gigantic hands,I think they'd be awkward to work with.
I'll follow up on my experience!Thanks

Just got done working the chest & no real noticeable difference.Forearms don't seem more pumped than usual.The movements weren't harder.Maybe I'll notice it when I work my back or arms this week.

Going a little off topic here but do you guys think 336 reps is too much for chest in one day?I feel like I may have over-trained a bit.

(Presses 12x4 ;decline,flat,incline - 12x4 flys ;decline,flat,incline - pullovers 12x4)

lol well you didn't get to failure did you? if not then you should be fine more than your body is used to maybe but it will adapt. I never really added my reps up like that but damn at first look its like damn. but I guess it would be normal. if you added all the weight together you prolly pushed 10k lbs lol

lol well you didn't get to failure did you? if not then you should be fine more than your body is used to maybe but it will adapt. I never really added my reps up like that but damn at first look its like damn. but I guess it would be normal. if you added all the weight together you prolly pushed 10k lbs lol

Yeah I pushed each exercise to failure.I like to end with the pullovers.They give me the best pump.By the time I was done with the flies my arms were almost completely bent.It was a high rep day so I didn't rest much between sets,just under a minute at the most.

My chest is usually twitching & spazzing out when I work them like this.Not so much today.I just like to get the most out of it since I've only been working a muscle group once a week lately.

right but with the sarms run you will find that the soreness and recovery are much quicker. lol I just went ahead and started another sarms run due to a shoulder impingement, I needed the mk2866 healing

Top Bottom