napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Doctor putting me (18 y/o) on TRT

te1734

Hey Dylan, first I just wanted to say your videos are awesome man really informative appreciate them. Over the course of the past 5-6 months I’ve been getting numerous (4 total tests) blood tests done to see what my testosterone levels are and basically every time the levels are low. First one 232 ng/dl, second 20 (yes, 20), third 323, and fourth 13. My PCP referred me to a endocrinologist to see if there was a hormonal issue such as pituitary gland disfunction, possible mass, thyroid issue, etc. All of those tests came back negative so my doctor basically chocked it up as hypogonadism. I am an 18 year old male so getting these type of test results back are absolutely horrifying and the last thing an 18 year old guy wants to here. As a result, my PCP is going to give me testosterone injections. I don’t know exact numbers/frequencies/or doses yet. I’m 6’2” 211 pounds, I would say probably 20-25% body fat (yes I know definitely not optimal) and I work out about 4 days a week. I could definitely improve my diet and make my workout regimen more stringent, but with my testosterone being absolutely ridiculously low I get fatigued doing the most menial of activities very quickly. I’ll probably start working out about 5 days a week and improving my diet a lot more once the TRT starts up here soon. I was just wondering what more I should do on my end to make sure I’m doing everything on my end correctly. My goals are to lose a bit of body fat, but also gain a lot more muscle size. Also, what side effects I’m going to be dealing with, any other supplements I should or shouldn’t take, what my diet should consist of, etc. What workouts, stuff in that nature. I do not plan on stacking or taking any more anabolics or other PED’s because I just kind of see that as overkill and this will be the first time I’m doing anabolics at all. Hope to hear back soon.

you just need to do what your endocrinolgist tells you when it comes to your treatment... they will monitor you and so if you encounter side effects they will be able to prescribe things for you... you dont need to be worried about taking a bunch of supplements and enhancers... you need to worry about getting treated so you can start to feel right again... thats it... as far as training, you train as you want... for whatever goals you have... i dont know anyone that just gives free diet plans.. you need to talk with a nutritionist if thats what you mean... just do as the doctor instructs you

I’ve had similar levels and it was due to a pituitary adenoma which can only be found doing an MRI. Ask your endocrinologist if that’s a posssibility and as Dylan said, do what he recommends, not what a bodybuilding board gives you for information. You’re going to feel very lethargic until your test levels are normalized and as such training will have to be done when you find you have the energy to do so. Also your body fat is highly likely due to the increased estrogen levels as a result of low test, which will subside somewhat again with normalized test levels. You’ll be amazed how much better you feel on TRT, and having your endocrinologist monitor your levels will make you feel like a new person. Good luck

Definitely just do what your endocrinologist tells you. There will be follow up appointments and they will adjust and/or add an AI if needed. You will probably start feeling a lot better in about 6 weeks or so.

Could be genetic too. I did a chromosome test and found out I had an extra X chromosome (47xxy) that caused my leydig cells to damage and scar over time whenever they produced testosterone. My levels first starting dropping in my teens, but it became complications and life threatening by the time I was 30. It was 167 at that point and dropping 10 every week. Doctors have tried getting me off testosterone because if my age (some aren’t comfortable treating if you are under 45-50), and my levels wouldn’t go above 45, and my health would quickly dive and I’d be put back on.

That’s tough man especially at your age but your under Doc care so you got nothing to worry about. Your going to feel amazing once you start I to suffer from low Test granted I’m a little older then you but I believe my problem started when I was younger I juts never looked into it u til I got older. Good luck on the road to recovery man.

Top Bottom