napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet and Nutrition basics 101

Will do that.So should i keep doing the same thing or drop calories even lower ?
If you are dropping fat no need to lower them. If you look in the mirror and don't appear to be getting leaner, or you want more o f a cut than recomp, drop the cals about 200 more or so per day

If you are dropping fat no need to lower them. If you look in the mirror and don't appear to be getting leaner, or you want more o f a cut than recomp, drop the cals about 200 more or so per day

I'll try that, thank you again.

What was your bmr again? Also how many grams of carbs are you having a day. Could be why gaining and not dropping fat and quickly as you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i were to use a calculator i would get 1870 calories, but from personal experience i've always had a slow metabolism and i'm more of a endomorph bodytype. I can gain weight very easy but find it hard to lose bf. The only activity i have is going to the gym sice my job requires to sit majority of the time.

Last edited:
I'll try that, thank you again.

If i were to use a calculator i would get 1870 calories, but from personal experience i've always had a slow metabolism and i'm more of a endomorph bodytype. I can gain weight very easy but find it hard to lose bf. The only activity i have is going to the gym sice my job requires to sit majority of the time.

Yes but that has nothing to do with your bmr. Its what you need to function. So if you are endomorph your carbs should be no where near 250g. It should be closer to 125

Maintenance is referred to as the number of calories that you can consume each day to maintain your current weight. Everyone will have a different amount of maintenance calories based on a number of factors like weight, age, and metabolism. There are a number of ways out there to calculate a ballpark estimate of what your maintenance calories are, but here is a simple equation that seems to work for most to help you get started.

No offense, maintenance is much important than taking calories, Protein, carbohydrate, and fats.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful article.

Yes but that has nothing to do with your bmr. Its what you need to function. So if you are endomorph your carbs should be no where near 250g. It should be closer to 125

My carbs never went past 150 all these 4 weeks.

Meal 1 is oatmeal + whey and peanut butter or almonds and some mix berries
Meal 2 (preworkout) is 3 egg whites 2 whole eggs with turkey bacon and 40g of rice cakes
Meal 3 (postworkout) 2 scoops of whey and a banana
Meal 4 chicken breast with veggies
Meal 5 lean fish with veggies and some greek yogurt
Meal 6 cottage cheese

To sum it all up 285p 140c 60f

Tried to switch carb sources and everyday is the same. Its not the carbs that bloat me cause i didnt have issues when i had 1g/lb of protein and 250+ carbs a day nor when i dieted with keto.

I was referring to this when you said 250. If you are still gaining then id drop the carbs even more. Back to a keto type diet.

I was referring to this when you said 250. If you are still gaining then id drop the carbs even more. Back to a keto type diet.

I see, you missread that, i layed out my diet and the macro breakdown which says 140 carbs. I just stated that a while back i wasn't getting bloated on 250 carbs and that the protein is bloating me this time.

I see, you missread that, i layed out my diet and the macro breakdown which says 140 carbs. I just stated that a while back i wasn't getting bloated on 250 carbs and that the protein is bloating me this time.

Then that means so much protein you are bound up and need some fiber to get the system processing

Fiber is extremely important for proper digestion. That's why you want adequate serving of veggies daily. High fiber also helps with satiety, helping you feel more satisfied and full while dieting

Rick thats awesome! Really helps alot especially in lieu of other questions I've posted and the answers I've recieved lately. Everythings coming together! My question to you is, any strategy or plan for someone to maintain a diet such as these while traveling? My job takes me away from home for sometimes weeks at a time and its sometimes hard to stay in these parameters.

I know I am replying to an older post, however, many travel for work these days.

Many hotels have small fridges and if not in the room, one can be requested. A quick trip to the store your first night/day of arrival may help.
Picking up your own water, fruit, snacks, veggies, cottage cheese, oatmeal, and what you need helps a lot.

Also, traveling w your own brand of protein packed in a container in your carry on bag (and a few of your own protein bars) helps as well.

These things don't take long and can save you from having to eat out as many times. You'll most likely still find yourself grabbing one meal a day, but it's much better than 3x a day. I find eating out, almost anywhere, and even being careful, still has way too many of the wrong fats, and hard to balance in a proper nutrition plan. (not saying you can never go out to eat at a restaurant, just not 2-3x every day and expect to stay on track-- Especially if you travel a lot w work).

Just travel ideas. We travel often and this is what helps us w macros.

I know I am replying to an older post, however, many travel for work these days.

Many hotels have small fridges and if not in the room, one can be requested. A quick trip to the store your first night/day of arrival may help.
Picking up your own water, fruit, snacks, veggies, cottage cheese, oatmeal, and what you need helps a lot.

Also, traveling w your own brand of protein packed in a container in your carry on bag (and a few of your own protein bars) helps as well.

These things don't take long and can save you from having to eat out as many times. You'll most likely still find yourself grabbing one meal a day, but it's much better than 3x a day. I find eating out, almost anywhere, and even being careful, still has way too many of the wrong fats, and hard to balance in a proper nutrition plan. (not saying you can never go out to eat at a restaurant, just not 2-3x every day and expect to stay on track-- Especially if you travel a lot w work).

Just travel ideas. We travel often and this is what helps us w macros.
All very good points bro. Thanks for sharing!

All very good points bro. Thanks for sharing!

I'm a female, lol. But my husband travels often (very often) w his job. I was traveling w him and doing these few things helps a lot whether we are together or he is just traveling alone.

I'm a female, lol. But my husband travels often (very often) w his job. I was traveling w him and doing these few things helps a lot whether we are together or he is just traveling alone.
Lol, sorry that was habit and instinct....and I should have known. I remember you from your posts and helping you in your thread lol

When it comes to nutrition a lot of people like to say that "everyone is different". That's true in some ways, not so true in others.
What's True for everyone: Insulin causes fat gain and decreases fat metabolism.
What's Not true for everyone: Our ability to deal with carbohydrates and individual insulin response from those carbs. Of course, you can look at the guy who is extremely slim and always has been and know he can get lean and big (and gain muscle without gaining fat) while eating white potatoes and white rice. You can look at the chubby guy with the 350-400lb bench and know that he probably shouldn't be eating a lot of rice and potatoes, even when trying to get strong and put on muscle.

But what about the majority? Those of us in the middle. Who struggle to get lean, and struggle to get strong? What does that advice mean for those body types who aren't so obvious?

Context-specific advice is what we have to look for. So much advice is good advice but when it is given without context it's worthless. This is why so many things SEEM contradictory. It's not the advice that's in opposition, it's where the advice should be aimed. (e.g. time of day, workout day or non workout day? Goals for the cycle? Goals for the workout? Nutrition status (this is a big one) sleep status) [if your sleep deprived you should probably eat a little more and workout a little less if you actually want to get lean OR put on muscle]
So much information. So much context.

This is true for modes of training. It's true for nutrition. Most of us won't ever put on posing trunks and step on stage. And if you are having trouble getting lean, and your not doing cardio in fear of killing your future or current gains, then you are misguided.
If you are endomorphic and think you should never eat potatoes or breakfast because of something you read about white potatoes or having only fat and protein for breakfast like it should be adhered to seven days per week (and especially if your body isn't responding to it!) you could be misguided.
The goal: Keep your mind open to context when reading advice from someone. Don't let someone who was born with abs try to teach you about getting lean. Find those who struggled to get their badass 4 pack (or sometimes 6 pack). If you have trouble growing or getting strong, don't go to the guy who's 230lbs and always been big. Find the guy who's worked his ass off to reach 190-200lbs.
Their advice will be more context specific.
Their advice will be much more sorted out in their own mind.
Find those who's struggled. Not the one's geneticially predisposed to the attributes you aren't genetically predisposed for.
Dig deep.
Be cynical.
Keep an open mind to the basis of actual reality.

Top Bottom