napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting is absolutely miserable

hardtoget

Prrep coach is hitting me hard as f*** this week with being less than 3 weeks out. Nothing like your stomach growling from 4pm onward. Counting up my calories, I'm taking in roughly 1,350 calories/day (180-210g protein, 80-100g carbs, 10-15g fats). Doing fasted cardio this morning, I already burned off 745 calories from a 45 minutes HIIT session, I can only compare this to having a hangover and your mind/body just feels like crap. I might just stick with upper body workouts from here on out to keep my energy up (doing men's physique show Nov. 14th). Having a coach this time around is very much needed for show prep, my last prep was not nearly this difficult however I also stepped on the stage with 12% bf which was way too high. BTW, Walden Farms Maple Syrup is so damn unbelievable on eggs and oatmeal. Damn that shit is nice.

Ya thats why. BB its a little more fun. Idk I enjoyed it personally I like cutting when my mind is in the game.
80-100 carbs is actually pretty good. Ive gone days on 25 and tha blows. Little tip to help fil you up. Sprouts makes this stuff called bobs red mill potato starch. Add it to youre shakes. Its only like 10 carbs i think. maybe less. Helps a lot.

There are lots of little manipulations you can do. Im sure youre coach has you squared away. Give yourelf 4 weeks longer next time to prep

Shoot man I'm on a 14 week show prep. I actually look so much better this time around but just don't feel my best. Have to keep my cortisol levels low so I can keep up the energy and focus, these are stressful times let me tell ya.

Shoot man I'm on a 14 week show prep. I actually look so much better this time around but just don't feel my best. Have to keep my cortisol levels low so I can keep up the energy and focus, these are stressful times let me tell ya.

I took 22 weeks to prep last contest season. Best decision I ever made... I was upping macros at about 4 weeks out. Ate into the show and looked hard, full and dry.

Keep pushing, man!

22 weeks seems more enjoyable that's for sure. This will be my last show and I look forward to the day it's all said and done. Night of Champions in Kansas City can't come soon enough.

22 weeks seems more enjoyable that's for sure. This will be my last show and I look forward to the day it's all said and done. Night of Champions in Kansas City can't come soon enough.

You'll be there before you know it, bud. Keep your eyes on the prize, and as tough as it sounds, try to enjoy the process!

One thing ive learned is 16 or 18 week preps are sooooo much easier. You will get through it though man. Gotta push through

Those final weeks of prep can be pretty rough. I know what you are going through. It gets hard, but you have to stay focused and keep your head in the game to the end.it all makes it worth it once you hit the stage. As has been pointed out, a longer a slower cut is a lot easier on you and not nearly as stressful

Cutting is where we seperate the men from the boys son. Keep a strong mind and you will be happier for it

PHURIOUS

Well definitely feeling better today. Hard to believe I was able to do my 4th day in a row of fasted HIIT this morning on the elliptical for 45 minutes, it's hard as shit to go to bed and your stomach is growling only to be waking up in the middle of the night with the same shit. My cortisol is at an all time high right now and my sleep is totally disrupted. Fortunately keeping my Testosterone levels up right now hopefully does the trick. Guy pointed out to me I'm looking pretty flat right now so hopefully my coach looks at slowly loading back up to get my muscles back looking pumped and primed. I've noticed I've lost some vascularity and muscle during this cut and it's mentally frustrating. More frustrating is why my coach has kept me eating such low fats this entire show prep. My body craves fats more than sweets and my only sources of fat are fish oil caps, oatmeal, shrimp, cod, and chicken. Thank god it's over with soon.

He doesnt have you taking test up till the end does he?
As for the flatness you just need to suck it up and get by it will all pay off towards the end. its somewhat inevitable unfortunately. Fasted HIIT cardio for 45 minutes is way fucking overkill in my opinion. another reason why i opt for the longer preps because you dont have to go through that bullshit. lol. Fuck if I had to do more than 30 min of cardio I would kill myself.

trust me, i cut 365 days a year but even I can only take so much... just upping my calories to 2500 has been a mega difference... it gets to a point where the misery is just not worth... your attitude is bad, your energy is gone, you have inconsistent bowel movement, your lose your shine etc... there's only so much you can tolerate so extended it longer as testdude said is the best way... it can be very tough on the mind etc... you can do it but you have to be so mentally strong... think about what i go through... i burn over 4,000 calories a day and its probably even more with all the cardio, high intensity weight training and all the sex... LOL so think about that kind of deficit and ive still managed 10lbs. in 4 weeks of muscle gain... you just have to know HOW to do it... you will figure it out brother...

Really appreciate it guys, great motivation from you all. Lost a couple pounds last week, down to 166 (lost about 25-27lb from where I started 12 weeks ago), lot of fat, some muscle but looking solid for my show day. I'll have pictures for you guys. Felt a lot better as the week progressed, really started to notice lack of bowel movements this past week, a combination of upping the Epistane with RAD140 and not getting in enough calories. I upped the TUDCA and got some LiverCare by Himalayan Herbs (great stuff btw), got my bowel movements back in order. Issue I have more than anything is poor adrenal glands, any hard stress takes me 2-3 days to recover my body due to the cortisol extremes. I had a severe crash from upping caffeine the other day and glad I'm back in working order. Life sucks balls when your adrenal glands aren't 100%, try and do a show prep, talk about stress. I won't ever go down the path of Hydrocortisone, I did it before and got worse on it and coming off was extremely hard. Thanks again gents, I'm going to focus on quality sleep this week as he is upping my cardio to 7 days next week, fun right......

trust me, i cut 365 days a year but even I can only take so much... just upping my calories to 2500 has been a mega difference... it gets to a point where the misery is just not worth... your attitude is bad, your energy is gone, you have inconsistent bowel movement, your lose your shine etc... there's only so much you can tolerate so extended it longer as testdude said is the best way... it can be very tough on the mind etc... you can do it but you have to be so mentally strong... think about what i go through... i burn over 4,000 calories a day and its probably even more with all the cardio, high intensity weight training and all the sex... LOL so think about that kind of deficit and ive still managed 10lbs. in 4 weeks of muscle gain... you just have to know HOW to do it... you will figure it out brother...

You sound like DrB. He stays cut. I truely do not know how he can go tuna and water for 5 days out of every month.He does take Miralax, and when the bowels are good eveything is good...lol

Lol. No u dont cut u just dont eat.

Someone get dylan a bbq brisket sandwich STAT!

PHURIOUS

Top Bottom