napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

CONGRATULATIONS TO STAFF MEMBER EZ_E!

DylanGemelli

Founding Member
Super Moderator
I wanted to offer my congratulations to staff moderator EZ_E for placing second place (In my eyes, 1st place but we know how judging works) in this weekends Dennis James Classic Men's Physique Masters Over 40 at the Mesa Arts Center in Mesa, Arizona. This is a well known contest and not only as a long time friend but fellow Adrenaline Rush brother, I for one am so happy for him as I know the amount of time and effort he has put into this. I just want to personally congratulate him and everyone should take note that as you get into your 30's and 40's, the best years are yet to come and EZ_E is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF THIS... We are all very lucky to have him here and congratulations are definitely in order. Love you brother!

Congratulations EZ! You placed very well, my friend, and it's nice seeing another good friend in the over 40 club getting on stage and doing very well! Stand proud, brother. That is a huge accomplishment. I remember well the mental and physical strain of prep and how rigorous it can be to come in to a show in top condition. I know for me, it was the single hardest thing I've ever done on a personal level. Good job!

Thank You gentlemen....as much as you hear, you never really know what it's like until you go through it....however, it was all well worth it.

If anyone is on the fence about competing, my best advice is to DO IT!!!!

At 41 years old I stepped on stage looking the best I ever have in my life. It can be done with the right team.

Awesome job!! What was your training like? Brutal I'm sure. You should write up a piece on the whole experience. I'd live to read about all if it.

Congrats E!!!

"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."

Out of curiousity, EZ, how long was your prep? And what stats did you start and finish with?

Thank you all…

Sweetnspicy; my training wasn’t much different than it was before prep started. One BP per day, 4 sets per exercise (sometimes 3) with 12-15 reps per set. Cardio was fasted in the AM with a 2nd session in the afternoon or evening, post training. The brutal part about training was getting through a training session with the fatigue that sets in early in the prep.

Rick; We (my coach and I) decided in February that the time had come. Originally I was going to do the April show but I wasn’t ready so he pulled me out of that show. So February to May….about 3 months was the prep. We use the camera and the mirror but now that you mention it I would have been interested to know my weight and BF when stepping on stage the other day. I’d guess I was down to the 150’s and single digits.

To bump Dylan’s post above; I was telling him after the show that it had come down to me and the 1st place guy. He had a slight weight advantage but I smoked him in conditioning. It wasn’t even close. And I’m not saying this to be a prick, just stating fact. He was soft (especially in the trunk) he had no chest, but different judges like different things. So be it. I consider myself a winner.

But I will say; the fatigue, the crankiness, the financial commitment……..was allllllllllll worth it.

EZ_E said:
Thank you all…

Sweetnspicy; my training wasn’t much different than it was before prep started. One BP per day, 4 sets per exercise (sometimes 3) with 12-15 reps per set. Cardio was fasted in the AM with a 2nd session in the afternoon or evening, post training. The brutal part about training was getting through a training session with the fatigue that sets in early in the prep.

Rick; We (my coach and I) decided in February that the time had come. Originally I was going to do the April show but I wasn’t ready so he pulled me out of that show. So February to May….about 3 months was the prep. We use the camera and the mirror but now that you mention it I would have been interested to know my weight and BF when stepping on stage the other day. I’d guess I was down to the 150’s and single digits.

To bump Dylan’s post above; I was telling him after the show that it had come down to me and the 1st place guy. He had a slight weight advantage but I smoked him in conditioning. It wasn’t even close. And I’m not saying this to be a prick, just stating fact. He was soft (especially in the trunk) he had no chest, but different judges like different things. So be it. I consider myself a winner.

But I will say; the fatigue, the crankiness, the financial commitment……..was allllllllllll worth it.

Congrats bro!

EZ_E said:
Thank you all…

Awesome to hear brother. Sounds like you nailed it pretty well, My friend! All that sacrifice is well worth it. It's an extremely rewarding experience

EZ_E said:
Thank you all…

More often than not, the deserving person does not win these but you know what, we all know who the real #1 in this one was... I have known you for a long time brother and to see you in the best condition of your life especially as you get to an older age says so much about your dedication to this and the increase in knowledge base you have gained as well as provided over the years... I am so proud of you man...

DylanGemelli said:
EZ_E said:
Thank you all…

More often than not, the deserving person does not win these but you know what, we all know who the real #1 in this one was... I have known you for a long time brother and to see you in the best condition of your life especially as you get to an older age says so much about your dedication to this and the increase in knowledge base you have gained as well as provided over the years... I am so proud of you man...

Thanks my brotha....I was going to say I would have loved for you to be there but you may have just ended up giving a few of the judges a roundhouse kick to the face when they announced who won my class so maybe it was better off :D :D :D :D :D

Top Bottom