napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Carb cycling

ibleedoranbla

Ok guys, during the last several weeks of my cycle, now that I've added winny, S4, GW, changed my workout up geared more towards failure and hypertrophy, and added cardio back in, I'm also trying to change up my diet and get it dialed in to shed as much fat as possible. I've tried the low to no carb in the past and it's NOT for me. I can not function during my trainings on reduced carbs. I've read a lot of positives on carb cycling working really well for a lot people. Also, I do intermittent fasting and have for about 6 months now and I love it. I want to give my macro breakdowns where I'm currently at and get some feedback from you all.

I'm lifting 4 days a week, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I'll be doing 20-30 minutes of hiit style cardio using a heavy bag 6 days a week, 4 of those days being right after lifting. All my workouts are in the evening with the exception of 1 heavy bag session will be done fasted on Saturday mornings.

On lifting days my calories are 3200 with 334g of protein, 319g of carbs, and 70g of fat. That works out to be a 41/39/20 split.

On non lifting cardio only days my calories are 2424 with 274g of protein, 188g of carbs, and 65g of fat. That works out to be a 45/31/24 split.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well one thing is the fasted cardio sessions. I would not bother with worrying about fasted or not bro. Just go with the flow. fasted is a myth for the most part. At the end of the day its nutrients in nutrients out. Calories in calories out.
In my opinion it will actually hinder your overall effectiveness. Becoming some what counter productive.

carb cycling is in my pinion the best thing you could do. It really benefits your metabolism. It allows you to diet down with ease and it also allows you the proper reffeed's. Im a huge fan. Its the only way to go for me.

Now one thing I would say to list is your actually carb cycling structure. Like when i diet down i get real complex with mine.

Mon 250 Tues-200 Wednesday 175 Thursday 150 Friday 75 Saturday 50. (usually my day off...) Sunday 300 (usually a leg or back day...)
Now each week from here each day will take a 5 carb hit as each week cycles through.
Mid way through cutting diet. I will have a week at a solid low carb structure. No more than 100 a week and then its back at it accordingly.

I have tried every way i can think of. I find this shit fun. This was really sucessful actually.

I again would encourage you to not do fasted training. Cardio or weights dont matter. I would actually say use a carb source like karbolyn around those times. Say you take 40 carbs do 20 before the session ans 20 after. If you are running tren to learn to run your carbs evenly throughout the day. It helps soooooo much.

Well one thing is the fasted cardio sessions. I would not bother with worrying about fasted or not bro. Just go with the flow. fasted is a myth for the most part. At the end of the day its nutrients in nutrients out. Calories in calories out.
In my opinion it will actually hinder your overall effectiveness. Becoming some what counter productive.

carb cycling is in my pinion the best thing you could do. It really benefits your metabolism. It allows you to diet down with ease and it also allows you the proper reffeed's. Im a huge fan. Its the only way to go for me.

Now one thing I would say to list is your actually carb cycling structure. Like when i diet down i get real complex with mine.

Mon 250 Tues-200 Wednesday 175 Thursday 150 Friday 75 Saturday 50. (usually my day off...) Sunday 300 (usually a leg or back day...)
Now each week from here each day will take a 5 carb hit as each week cycles through.
Mid way through cutting diet. I will have a week at a solid low carb structure. No more than 100 a week and then its back at it accordingly.

I have tried every way i can think of. I find this shit fun. This was really sucessful actually.

I again would encourage you to not do fasted training. Cardio or weights dont matter. I would actually say use a carb source like karbolyn around those times. Say you take 40 carbs do 20 before the session ans 20 after. If you are running tren to learn to run your carbs evenly throughout the day. It helps soooooo much.
Well, the fasted cardio was only going to happen because I do intermittent fasting, so I eat between 12pm-830pm and on Saturdays I'm off work and I was going to get the cardio in and over with early in the morning because I watch football all day on Saturdays, lol. Your carb cycling is definitely much more in depth and methodical than what I was planning. I just wanted to start out with higher carbs on training days and lower carbs on non training days. Do you think this is a good approach for now until I get used to it and can get more in depth with it?

Well, the fasted cardio was only going to happen because I do intermittent fasting, so I eat between 12pm-830pm and on Saturdays I'm off work and I was going to get the cardio in and over with early in the morning because I watch football all day on Saturdays, lol. Your carb cycling is definitely much more in depth and methodical than what I was planning. I just wanted to start out with higher carbs on training days and lower carbs on non training days. Do you think this is a good approach for now until I get used to it and can get more in depth with it?

Insee. Ya I just completly disagree with fasting all together but it's from a bodybuilding standpoint for me. It would make absolutly nonsense for application. I just feel it brings in catabolic opportunities for any athelete.

The carb cycling definitly start with a moderate program and work your way in. Otherwise you will burn out and be miserable. My philosophy is every day should be better than your last. If you can say that your in the right direction.

Excellent. I have recently been experimenting with carbs while running Tren. I'm going to give this a shot.

Top Bottom