napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Blood Work

Hey guys,

It's late and I'm tired as all hell so if this is in the wrong spot please feel free to move it to the correct one.

I'm curious if we have any members who live in a restricted state when it comes to getting blood work done privately that doesn't allow blood tests to be done without a doctors request . I happen to live in one of those states, New York and I've been trying to find a site online that will actually allow me to order bloods and go to a lab to have my blood drawn. A lot of the sites I've seen work with labcorp and places like quest but say they do not work with people from the few restricted states. Anybody have any experience with this? I would like to get a bunch of stuff checked before I ever do my first cycle but for now I just want to check out my T levels. I've heard of people going out of state if they live close enough to another state that isn't restricted. Anybody ever done that? Also if I were to find somewhere that would allow me to do this what would I be looking for when it comes to having testosterone levels checked? I've never had that done before. What kind of test specifically? Any certain terminology?

CriticalEclipZzZ said:
Hey guys,

It's late and I'm tired as all hell so if this is in the wrong spot please feel free to move it to the correct one.

I'm curious if we have any members who live in a restricted state when it comes to getting blood work done privately that doesn't allow blood tests to be done without a doctors request . I happen to live in one of those states, New York and I've been trying to find a site online that will actually allow me to order bloods and go to a lab to have my blood drawn. A lot of the sites I've seen work with labcorp and places like quest but say they do not work with people from the few restricted states. Anybody have any experience with this? I would like to get a bunch of stuff checked before I ever do my first cycle but for now I just want to check out my T levels. I've heard of people going out of state if they live close enough to another state that isn't restricted. Anybody ever done that? Also if I were to find somewhere that would allow me to do this what would I be looking for when it comes to having testosterone levels checked? I've never had that done before. What kind of test specifically? Any certain terminology?

I've heard of this before with some people, and if you have the means it might be best to cross the border into another state that will allow it. I usually use www.privatemdlabs.com and order the female hormone panel. That will get you your test levels and estrogen levels if those are the things you are concerned with

Re: RE: Re: Blood Work

RickRock said:
CriticalEclipZzZ said:
Hey guys,

I've heard of this before with some people, and if you have the means it might be best to cross the border into another state that will allow it. I usually use http://www.privatemdlabs.com and order the female hormone panel. That will get you your test levels and estrogen levels if those are the things you are concerned with
X2....are you close to pa or another state?

Labsmd.com is cheaper than privatemd for the female hormone panel with LCMS. It thinks it's around $72

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAfit said:
Labsmd.com is cheaper than privatemd for the female hormone panel with LCMS. It thinks it's around $72

Last time I got the female panel don't at privatemd it was around 50$. They have discount codes.

ibleedoranbla said:
LAfit said:

Last time I got the female panel don't at privatemd it was around 50$. They have discount codes.

Yup... Around $56.

I would drive to a neighboring state of possible to get it done. Otherwise go to your dr and tell him you have very low libido and your sex life is deteriorating. Sell it so you can get a blood panel.

Another way to do it is go see a naturopath and they will gladly do blood work on everything. Depending on your insurance you should be covered.

ibleedoranbla said:
LAfit said:

The $50 one from privatemd will not give you test levels above 1500. It's over $100 for the LCMS at privatemd.

LAfit said:
ibleedoranbla said:
"LAfit" said:

The $50 one from privatemd will not give you test levels above 1500. It's over $100 for the LCMS at privatemd.

That is true, but most people getting the test are not testing while on cycle. That's the only time the extended range is needed, and honestly I don't see a reason to ever do that unless you doubted the legitamacy of your gear

RickRock said:
LAfit said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"LAfit" said:

That is true, but most people getting the test are not testing while on cycle. That's the only time the extended range is needed, and honestly I don't see a reason to ever do that unless you doubted the legitamacy of your gear

Yeah I hear ya. I always run LCMS while on cycle. You never know what you are getting, even with trusted sources. For the extra $20 I think it's well worth it. I do agree that there is no reason to run it while off cycle. I actually use privatemd with their discount when off cycle.

LAfit said:
RickRock said:
"LAfit" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"LAfit" said:

Yeah I hear ya. I always run LCMS while on cycle. You never know what you are getting, even with trusted sources. For the extra $20 I think it's well worth it. I do agree that there is no reason to run it while off cycle. I actually use privatemd with their discount when off cycle.

Does labsmd.com work the same way as privatemd? Would I go to the same clinic?

J3FCP8 this is the code this month at private md for 15% off.

ibleedoranbla said:
LAfit said:
"RickRock" said:
"LAfit" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"LAfit" said:

It works the same, but they use different clinics. You would have to get on their website to find one near you.

LAfit said:
ibleedoranbla said:
"LAfit" said:
"RickRock" said:
"LAfit" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"LAfit" said:

It works the same, but they use different clinics. You would have to get on their website to find one near you.

Oh ok cool...for my pre cycle bloods I'm going to get in a couple of weeks I'll stick with private and when I do mid cycle I'll go with the other place.

ibleedoranbla said:
RickRock said:
CriticalEclipZzZ said:
Hey guys,

I've heard of this before with some people, and if you have the means it might be best to cross the border into another state that will allow it. I usually use http://www.privatemdlabs.com and order the female hormone panel. That will get you your test levels and estrogen levels if those are the things you are concerned with
X2....are you close to pa or another state?

^ Yeah I'm close to CT and PA...CT being much closer than PA though

Ok so I figured I would give an update regarding blood testing in restricted states. I found a company online that said they do work with people from restricted states but the process is a little different. Here is the email I received back...

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

We apologize that you still do not understand how the blood test kit works after checking our website. However, we are happy to explain how the process works in more detail.

In regards to the state of New York, it does not allow third party billing for laboratory testing. Each laboratory in New York must bill either an insurance company or the patient directly. LabCorp in New York is not able to bill a third party entity such as Life Extension.

Therefore, for customers residing in New York, we offer blood lab kits. Please rest-assured that blood lab kits still allow you to get the blood work that you would like to have done. For instance, if you would like to purchase the Female Hormone Replacement Panel, we will mail you the blood lab kit containing all of the necessary materials that you will need. These materials include: blood draw tubes, specimen processing instructions, a signed script for the blood draw, and a prepaid UPS shipping label for the blood to be sent back to Life Extension.

Your own doctor can perform the test(s), or you can go to a local hospital or clinic that will draw and process the blood for you. Though, please keep in mind that there may a blood draw fee determined by the facility that you are going to. Once the blood is processed, it needs to be mailed back to the Life Extension blood lab in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

As you can see, you can still get the blood testing that you would like done, it just takes a couple of extra steps with the blood lab kit than it does with just a requisition form taken to LabCorp.

If you have additional questions, please call the advisor helpline at (800) 226-2370; international customers dial 001-954-202-7660. A health advisor will be happy to further assist you with placing your blood test orders.

Thank you for choosing Life Extension as your trusted source of health information.

CriticalEclipZzZ said:
Ok so I figured I would give an update regarding blood testing in restricted states. I found a company online that said they do work with people from restricted states but the process is a little different. Here is the email I received back...

We apologize that you still do not understand how the blood test kit works after checking our website. However, we are happy to explain how the process works in more detail.

In regards to the state of New York, it does not allow third party billing for laboratory testing. Each laboratory in New York must bill either an insurance company or the patient directly. LabCorp in New York is not able to bill a third party entity such as Life Extension.

Therefore, for customers residing in New York, we offer blood lab kits. Please rest-assured that blood lab kits still allow you to get the blood work that you would like to have done. For instance, if you would like to purchase the Female Hormone Replacement Panel, we will mail you the blood lab kit containing all of the necessary materials that you will need. These materials include: blood draw tubes, specimen processing instructions, a signed script for the blood draw, and a prepaid UPS shipping label for the blood to be sent back to Life Extension.

Your own doctor can perform the test(s), or you can go to a local hospital or clinic that will draw and process the blood for you. Though, please keep in mind that there may a blood draw fee determined by the facility that you are going to. Once the blood is processed, it needs to be mailed back to the Life Extension blood lab in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

As you can see, you can still get the blood testing that you would like done, it just takes a couple of extra steps with the blood lab kit than it does with just a requisition form taken to LabCorp.

If you have additional questions, please call the advisor helpline at (800) 226-2370; international customers dial 001-954-202-7660. A health advisor will be happy to further assist you with placing your blood test orders.

Thank you for choosing Life Extension as your trusted source of health information.
That is interesting.

I can't believe a state restricts its people from getting their own routine blood check to monitor their own health.

I don't think you can even go to a border state anymore as they changed the policy whereas they verify billing location. I don't understand, nor agree with it.

"At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since."

CriticalEclipZzZ said:

That's very good information brother. That could be very useful for people in those stats that have trouble getting their own bloodwork privately. I think its bullshit that a state would keep anyone from being able to order their own bloodwork this way, but at least that gives another option. Thanks for posting

RickRock said:
CriticalEclipZzZ said:

That's very good information brother. That could be very useful for people in those stats that have trouble getting their own bloodwork privately. I think its bullshit that a state would keep anyone from being able to order their own bloodwork this way, but at least that gives another option. Thanks for posting

Yeah I figured it would be work sharing ya know. It's a but more expensive than some of the normal places people use but anything is better than nothing. It is a real shame that certain states have these stupid laws in place. I still can't grasp what the problem is with people having private blood work done is...smh

Top Bottom