napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Blood work opinions?

RichP

Hey Guys, been an avid follower of the forum, learned quite a bit from all the great info / videos that has been shared here. Also, now I have learned how important it is to have blood work checked for the most obvious reasons, to monitor how everything is working on the inside. Its easy to look in the mirror half way thru a cycle and say "This is great" but the reality is, what is going on "behind the scenes". That to me has become more important. My history / story, is 50yrs young, 6'1" 220lb, 18%bf. Been training on / off for over 20yrs. Been pretty consistent over the last two. I've been running 2iu's of generic gh since Feb 2016. I recently just upped it to 4iu's. Last cycle was 16 weeks of Cyp/EQ. That ended July of 2016, followed by the proper PCT. I had my first blood work done on 10/22/16. Everything came back in the normal ranges except for Test was 225, and Estradiol was 7.1. both of which were low. Obviously with numbers that low, I felt like crap, tired, lifts were down, but I kept fighting thru. Had bloodwork done again on 1/1/17. Test increased to 415, Estradiol was 19.4, and AST/ALT went way up to 67 and 110. Now, I'm trying to keep in mind that Nov-Jan are Holiday times and with that comes moderate alcohol consumption and lots of crappy foods. So I'm wondering if that played a role in the increased numbers. At the beginning of January I started taking Choline & Inositol at 1500mg ed, trying to clean my liver. I also did a tremendous amount of research on TRT. I decided to take it upon myself to begin self administering a program. 150mg Cyp weekly along with Aromasin 12.5 eod. I figured at my age, I'll continue to do this until father time tells me my lifting days are over and its time to wrap it up! (lol). So, third times a charm...right? I just had blood work done again on Saturday. Test is at 946, Estradiol is 12.8, looking good!!!, but now LH is 0.1, FSH is<0.2 both low. Hemoglobin 18.1 and Hematocrit 52.1 both high, and AST/ALT 59/95 both of these are still high. I'm wondering will cleaning up my diet, lowering my BF bring the AST/ALT numbers down? Thoughts, comments, opinions are much appreciated fellos!!! As always many thanks in advance! And by the way my, my spring nutrition plan has recently been put in place and should be able to decrease my BF to 10-12% in no time!

re: low LH and FSH
well...with ALL that extensive research on TRT..I guess you over looked the part about taking any amount of test shuts of off your production of LH and FSH..thus shutting down ALL production of your natural testosterone
your test was 225 then rose to 415 because you were still recovering (that's why you felt like shit)..at your age it can take up to a year to fully recover from a cycle and return to your natural total test level

you are not hypo gonadal

Listen Bro...I've been on TRT for over 15yrs..studied seen and been pretty much thru it all

....deciding to self medicate TRT is foolish...TRT involves SO MUCH MORE than just pinning some testosterone....TRT affects/alters your entire endocrine system..up to 300 different hormones are effected
Sometimes it can be a confusing tight rope to get everything in proper balance
TRT is complicated...the best course is to be under the care of a GOOD endocrinologist that can diagnose...treat and most importantly MONITOR you for the first year

on another note..cycling at 18%BF is neither healthy or effective

Last edited:
Hey Guys, been an avid follower of the forum, learned quite a bit from all the great info / videos that has been shared here. Also, now I have learned how important it is to have blood work checked for the most obvious reasons, to monitor how everything is working on the inside. Its easy to look in the mirror half way thru a cycle and say "This is great" but the reality is, what is going on "behind the scenes". That to me has become more important. My history / story, is 50yrs young, 6'1" 220lb, 18%bf. Been training on / off for over 20yrs. Been pretty consistent over the last two. I've been running 2iu's of generic gh since Feb 2016. I recently just upped it to 4iu's. Last cycle was 16 weeks of Cyp/EQ. That ended July of 2016, followed by the proper PCT. I had my first blood work done on 10/22/16. Everything came back in the normal ranges except for Test was 225, and Estradiol was 7.1. both of which were low. Obviously with numbers that low, I felt like crap, tired, lifts were down, but I kept fighting thru. Had bloodwork done again on 1/1/17. Test increased to 415, Estradiol was 19.4, and AST/ALT went way up to 67 and 110. Now, I'm trying to keep in mind that Nov-Jan are Holiday times and with that comes moderate alcohol consumption and lots of crappy foods. So I'm wondering if that played a role in the increased numbers. At the beginning of January I started taking Choline & Inositol at 1500mg ed, trying to clean my liver. I also did a tremendous amount of research on TRT. I decided to take it upon myself to begin self administering a program. 150mg Cyp weekly along with Aromasin 12.5 eod. I figured at my age, I'll continue to do this until father time tells me my lifting days are over and its time to wrap it up! (lol). So, third times a charm...right? I just had blood work done again on Saturday. Test is at 946, Estradiol is 12.8, looking good!!!, but now LH is 0.1, FSH is<0.2 both low. Hemoglobin 18.1 and Hematocrit 52.1 both high, and AST/ALT 59/95 both of these are still high. I'm wondering will cleaning up my diet, lowering my BF bring the AST/ALT numbers down? Thoughts, comments, opinions are much appreciated fellos!!! As always many thanks in advance! And by the way my, my spring nutrition plan has recently been put in place and should be able to decrease my BF to 10-12% in no time!

Be careful with the hemoglobin and hematocrit levels. Testosterone does increase red blood cell production and if you already have a propensity to produce red blood cells that could cause some issues, if ignored. Make sure you donate blood every 3-4 months. That will knock down the hemoglobin and hematocrit levels.

Thanks oldcountry, I do plan to donate
Estrogen is just slightly lower but not horribly low...tht 20-30 Range is perfect

I'm surprised u r taking 12.5 eod with only 150 mg of trt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Buen gave you some solid info and advice here. For now, your Aromasin dose is probably too high for that test dose. I would back it off to 6.25mg EOD if it were me at least.

Top Bottom