napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Benefits of not carb diets

Its quite difficult to make gains when your so depleted and have no energy... your wasting time,money and most importantly health

Its quite difficult to make gains when your so depleted and have no energy... your wasting time,money and most importantly health

So going zero complex carbs such as rice and such is bad?? People always talk about keto diets being great??? Plus I'm in s4 and GW which help with muscle wastage... Should I just lower the carbs low but not cut them out??

Cutting out carbs completely will end up leaving you worse off than when you started... even low carb is not sustainable but since youve heard sooooo many great things, give it a try

I wouldnt do a keto or no carb diet if you paid me... its a living hell and ultimately sets you back but to each their own... im lost as to why people STILL think carbs are the enemy when thats completely untrue

carbs are your friend my man.

not sure exactly what your goals are but regardless of specifics, carbs can help you achieve them.

Think about it, carbs refill glycogen stores in the muscle and provide fuel for your workouts. As the above post pointed out, you are going to feel like crap after a week or two. Hell, I start to wear down and get tired on 150g of carbs a day. Try squatting/deadlifting or benching heavy on zero carbs for a week and let me know how that works out for you. It would be like trying to drive a car on an empty gas tank. My question to you is why??? Calories in vs. calories out (energy balance ) will ALWAYS be the MOST important factor in weight loss or weight gain. You can go zero carb all day long, but if you fail to create a calorie deficit then you wont loose any weight. You also don't want to do anything that could result in huge loss of strength while cutting. Maintaining strength is hard enough while in a calorie deficit, removing all carbs would only make things worse. Trust me, I have tried in the past. What is your goal, what are you trying to achieve by going zero carb?

Cutting carbs is good for dropping a few quick pounds that will sure as hell find there way back once you fail... and you will zero/low carb diets are not sustainable. I've tried it multiple times and felt like an unwiped asshole, no energy, hungry all the time and attempting to fight it uses more energy, some days I didn't even want to get out of bed because I felt like shit. And when you relapse I promise it will be so much worse cuz you are gonna lose it and end up destroying 500g of carbs in a day, your body simply cannot run without carbs.

You need carbs. What you have squirming in that noodle is insignificant yo. I know what you're thinking. Just eat the lower glycemic carbs and increase the cardio. Badda bing, badda boom!

You need carbs. What you have squirming in that noodle is insignificant yo. I know what you're thinking. Just eat the lower glycemic carbs and increase the cardio. Badda bing, badda boom!

Ya exactly more of what I meant getting ready for my first show

If you really, really want it, you'll do it, and you'll do just fine. Willpower to push the hard work. As they say pertaining to show business, it's bad luck to say good luck, so break a leg! But not by running or squatting!

Last edited:
There are some people out there that swear by and love keto diets, but I'm certainly not one of them. To me they don't make a lot of sense in the bodybuilding world. We rely on carbs to fuel our workouts and use glycogen to fill our muscles for the fuel we need to not compromise performance. It's not something I recommend, but that is just an opinion. Like I said, there are people that love keto and I'm all for doing whatever works for you

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I'm not saying willpower isn't a powerful tool some people have incredible will power and many also are very weak and give into any kind of pressure the second the going gets tough. What I'm saying is the survival instinct trumps will power in any given circumstance. You may be able to pull off ketosis for short periods of time but your body relys on carbs for fuel and it's absolutely not sustainable for the long term, eventually you are going to need carbs your body simply will not run without them forever.

I'm not saying willpower isn't a powerful tool some people have incredible will power and many also are very weak and give into any kind of pressure the second the going gets tough. What I'm saying is the survival instinct trumps will power in any given circumstance. You may be able to pull off ketosis for short periods of time but your body relys on carbs for fuel and it's absolutely not sustainable for the long term, eventually you are going to need carbs your body simply will not run without them forever.
WELL SAID bro... carbs ARE NOT your enemy, unless you just fucking abuse them, then of course they are but honestly, you absolutely need them.. you are going to fucking suffer and so are your gains, regardless, with too low of carbs... its NOT sustainable whatsoever... i wouldnt do it again if you fucking paid me!

I know there are some who are heavy into that keto approach. I just can't get behind it man. Carbs are critical for me for both energy and recovery. The key is to consume the right amount and types of carbs and your body should do just fine.

Not to mention, getting through the Holidays without becoming a glutton is hard enough. If I tried going low carb or zero carb at this time of year, I would end up relapsing and stuffing my face until I was absolutely disgusted with myself.

Top Bottom