napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

All for the love of it...

44YOGearHead

Just wanted to share a short story with you all, especially you newer lifters. The other day I walked into the gym after a whole 5 hours of sleep courtesy the Golden State Warriors playing late as fuck. I walked in and another guy from the gym stopped me before I got started and said 'man you look like you ain't feeling it today'. I replied "I'm a little tired, but I'll be fine once I get started. No other choice bro.". I was tired, but the gym invigorates me regardless. I have literally got to be dragging ass in order not to go.
So a little into my workout another guy I speak to said 'Man you come here and kill shit bro. My son is a bodybuilder and he recently took 2nd in a show and I was telling him about you. I told him he needed to see your physique cuz you got it all. I mean if I looked like you I'd walk in here like mother fucker say something!' I laughed, but I appreciated the compliment. I'm not gonna lie that 'mother fucker what' mentality is what I have while training simply because I'm so passionate about it, but I realize if you're gonna think like that you better be able to back the shit up. I just never display that mentality in the gym outwardly because I've realized over the years being the gym dick head is not an admirable thing.
If you love to do something it permeates in all that you do whether it pertains to your job, your life, relationships, or the gym. I'm blessed in the fact that I can spend my days concentrating on a handful of chosen activities... the gym, the forum, friendships, special people, eating well and living within my means. So there are no excuses for doing anything half assed. Anyone I associate with or care for outside of my familial bonds are into the lifestyle. All my friends except one are here on this forum. The one person I get and who gets me on a insane level is in this lifestyle as well. So understand this is more than a hobby to me. I live and love this shit. It's in my DNA at this point.
Anyways the fucking story was a lame one, but the thing that matters is the level of obsession that gets you to that point. We all have goals and I been putting in a lot of fucking work to get here. I'm not done either. There's more to gain, more detail, more size for my back, calves and whatever else I choose. Life is good bad asses, life is good. So keep in mind bros this is a forum full of people professing to love the iron... question is are you that mother fucker that really does. Life happens to us all, but no matter what or where I am the Gym Happens without fail as well. Love it? Then live it shithead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said 44. I agree with all of it. This lifestyle has brought forth a great deal of happiness and confidence that has carried over into all of my life. I feel it has made me a better person that can treat others better, love better, and be more successful in all facets of my life. Good words my brother

Last edited:
I found out one of my finals was scheduled at 8 am on a Thursday which is my leg day. I workout in the morning so the first thing I thought was, shit I might be late for my final cause I'm not skipping leg day. I understand the obsession as anything I am interested in becomes an obsession, especially body building because you can literally manipulate the way you look and feel. I love it.

Agreed. This is an obsessive sport by nature of its existence. As stated on another thread I'm limiting my posts/replies so don't take it the wrong way fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True very very true. To be good at anything there has to be that level of obsession, more true in what we do than others because it's on "us" the individual to achieve our goals and do what's necessary. Because in the end you can only blame yourself for not reaching that goal

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well said as always. You either have it or you don't. No rah, rah, Mohammad Ali meme, etc. is ever going to change that.

Well said 44. I agree with all of it. This lifestyle has brought forth a great deal of happiness and confidence that has carried over into all of my life. I feel it has made me a better person that can treat others better, love better, and be more successful in all facets of my life. Good words my brother

I admire a lot about you bro. The balance and happiness you project here on the forum are a great example for us all. You know you look great and yet are your own worst critic which as of late is a rare commodity around these parts. When I pay you a compliment know it's sincere bro.

True very very true. To be good at anything there has to be that level of obsession, more true in what we do than others because it's on "us" the individual to achieve our goals and do what's necessary. Because in the end you can only blame yourself for not reaching that goal

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Summed up perfectly... Mic Drop

Top Bottom