napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

8 Week GW-501516, MK677 Log (Cardarine, Ibutamoren)

Jeremiahbrah

Hey dudes, starting a post for my 8 week cycle of GW-501516 (Cardarine) 20mg/d, and Mk677 (Ibutamoren) 25mg/d. I will be dosing cardarine before workouts (7pm) and MK677 before bed.
First time taking anything like this, have been natural up till now so we’ll see where I end up with results.
I will be posting a Day-by-Day update, uploading every rep and set across the 8 weeks at the end, and my results in Body Fat and muscle mass.

I have started at 78kg and 13% bodyfat, 174cm, 22 years of age.

My workouts consist of 3 workout days of strength 4-6 reps, then 1 rest day, then 3 workout days of hypertrophy 10-12 reps, then 1 rest day. Rinse and repeat. Workout days are:
Push/Pull,
Legs
Shoulders / Arms
Rest Day

I was going to add LGD4033 to the mix and have actually already bought it, but have decided not to take it as I’m paranoid about my hair. Already taking Avodart (dutasteride) and 15% minoxidil to maintain at nw2.

I will be consuming between 3300-4000 calories per day, with a goal of bulking but minimizing fat gain with Cardarine and hopefully actually losing some bodyfat but we’ll see what happens.

Today is day 6 already, ive been meaning to post this a while ago so I will post day 1-5 now.

Day 1 – Cardarine taken before my legs day. Tasted so awful, kind of like nail polish remover… i gagged instantly but swallowed no worries. Felt very slow and sluggish, and had a headache. Was having a shit day, didn’t finish full workout. Took MK677 before bed, tastes 3 times worse than Cardarine. Honestly so bad the only way I can describe it is that feeling 1-3 seconds after you vomit from alcohol poisoning like your whole body just feels fucked and disorientated.

Day 2 – Shoulder / Arms Day. Felt like a machine, beasted some 40kg dumbbell shoulder press for 5 reps. Had a great workout, pre-workout definitely helped with that one but overall felt great. The Cardarine taste was so easily tolerable the 2nd day, felt like just a quick 1ml shot of vodka. Easy! Mk677 on the other hand was still so so disgusting. Woke up feeling like I had the best sleep! Felt refreshed. Definitely the Mk677 taking effect there like honestly the sleep quality was 3 times what I would normally have. No dreams like other people mention though, like im too deep in sleep to recall anything. During the day during work I felt so relaxed and in a meditated state or something, but muscles feeling a little sleepy and weak. Felt in the zone when gym time came around however!

Day 3-4 – Rest Day (didn’t mean to take a double rest day but have been busy with social obligations!) A lot of things to notice at this stage. I already have an insanely quick metabolism and take a dump around 3 times a day. Day 3 and 4 I’ve been going 5 times a day like my metabolism is just churning through shit. like no tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about this lol. Been eating a lot, and generally feeling bloating in the stomach like my eating habbits are 1 step ahead of my metabolism and it cant clean itself out quick enough. A bit uncomfortable truth be told. Sleep quality still amazing. Putting on a lot of weight! Will upload my sets and reps, and daily body weight changes once ive finished the strength 3 day block and the hypertrophy 3 day block.

Day 5 – Push / Pull Hypertrophy. Great sleep, Great workout, felt great pumps, honestly feeling like a beast, looking bigger and a bit more shredded (besides the belly bloat) couldn’t stop flexing in the mirror haha. felt a bit sleepy because I had a late session 10pm-midnight because of social obligations that day, but in conjunction Felt like I had taken about half a scoop of pre-workout without having to take it (probably Cardarine) that helped me push through with a spring in my step and had me feeling great. Today I reeeeally had to let my digestive system catch up with the amount of food and calories ive been eating (4000) because ive been feeling so bloated. So I only ate about 3 meals today (2700 calories) and the bloat is mostly gone now because of that and feeling much better! Was 81kg today! Despite eating a lot less food and emptying my digestive system my weight is way up!

Day 6 - Slept about 9-10 hours, was such a good sleep ahhh, felt like being greedy and going for some more. Woke up with huge doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) from yesterdays workout. Pumped my push / pull workout so hard yesterday. Chest, back and abs are so sore, twice as much as normal (in a good way) and my abs are never sore after this workout so definitely pushed it hard. Belly bloating is still down after my decision to not have as much food the day before to let my digestive system catch up, despite a lot of calories today the bloating is still down -- Sweet! :))
Had another amazing workout today! didn't feel like Arnold Schwarzenegger from terminator 2 but just felt a good endurance to get me through. Trained Hypertrophy / Endurance legs today and this workout is usually always a bitch. The 34+ reps of lunges usually get my heart rate at maximum and get me feeling nauseous and in a state where i need 5-10 minutes to catch up (i push my lunges really hard) but today my heart rate wasnt so crazy, wasnt nauseous and could just carry on doing my thing. Allowed me to get in the extra reps without giving up and got a massive pump going (Effect of Cardarine). Another thing to note is my favourite pair of shorts ive been wearing for the last year -- they're scrunching up and rising up to my crutch when i walk because they're getting so tight around my legs which means my legs have suddenly put on a bit of size! r.i.p favourite shorts :( but hello gains! :)
feeling so good about my workouts, up another 800g today, stacking it on. generally just so happy. Hope everyone is having an amazing day god bless.

Day 7 - Couldn't sleep till 3am! don't know what it was hey, maybe the sleep has been tooooo gewd i just dont need it anymore lmao (not really). Dad woke me up around 9am so i got about 6 hours and couldnt go back to sleep. Had a shit sleep. Was feeling average throughout the day because of that.

Shoulders / Arms Hypertrophy Day today. My fken favvvourite. by the time gym time came round i was feeling pretty ace. Definitely looking a lot bigger in the gym, heaps happy about that. Had a great workout, great pumps, didnt get exhausted, had shorter rest times cause i was keen to get back into it. Didn't get time to eat before gym so i was a whole meal short and still weighed in pretty nicely. Bloating has stopped for now, also referring back to when i was having to take a dump 5 times per day during Day 3-4 that has gone back to my normal 3 times a day. haven't been experiencing any negative sides on a consistent basis (bloating stopping for now, excretion system back to normal) Just positives -- weight and muscle gain, and increased stamina and better sleep quality overall.

This is the end of my 3 days on, 1 day off, for both strength and hypertrophy.

Bodyweight (start 78kg)

Day 1 - 78.7kg
Day 2 - 78.4kg
Day 3 -80.2kg
Day 4 - N/A
Day 5 - 80.8kg
Day 6 - 81.6kg
Day 7 - 81.2kg

Strength Push / Pull

BB Bench 120kg : 6,6,5
Seated Cable Row 100kg: 5,5,6
Incline DB bench: 48kg: 5,4,4
Pull ups: 19,13,13
Machine Flyes 55kg: 12,12,12
Cable Face Pulls 17.5kg: 20,20,19
Laying DB External Rotations 5kg: 12,12,12
Push ups: 25,20,20

Strength Legs (didnt record, sorry)

Strength Arms / Shoulders

DB Shoulder Press 40kg: 5,6,4
DB Side Raises 12kg: 12,12,12
DB Reverse Flyes 4kg: 17,15,16
Cable Side Raises 7.5kg: 10,6. 2.5kg: 12
DB Front Raises 6kg: 12,10. 4kg: 10
Preacher Curls 40kg: 10,9,8
Cable Rope tricep downward Extensions 37.5kg: 5,8,7
Seated Incline Hammer Curls 22kg: 22,14,14 (sum of both arms)
Cable Rope tricep upward Extensions 27.5kg: 10,7,6

Hypertrophy Push / Pull

BB Bench 100kg: 12,10,11
Seated Machine Row 30kg:12. 35kg:12. 40kg:12
Incline DB Bench 32kg: 12,12,12
Pull Ups: 13,12,8 (a little lazy on these bad boys today)
DB Chest Flyes 24kg: 10,11,9
Cable Face Pulls 17.5kg: 20,13
Laying DB External Rotations 5kg: 9,10 (painful today)

Hypertrophy Legs

Horizontal Machine Leg Press 160kg:12,12,13
Hip Thrusts 60kg: 18,18,18
DB Lunges 16kg: 34,34,34
Machine Quad extensions 55kg: 15,15,15
Single Leg Hammy Curls 20kg: 12,12,12 (dysfunctional hammies)
Supersets: quick n easy 60s plank
Laying Leg Raises: 18,16
Crunches: 16,10

Hypertrophy Arms / Shoulders

BB standing Shoulder Press 55kg: 10,9,9
DB Side Raises 10kg: 15,15,15
Cable Reverse Flyes 5kg: 12,12,12
Cable Side Raises 5kg: 15,15,8
DB Front Raises 6kg: 13,11 3kg: 15 (long term irritated front delt from bench, normally way stronger)
Preacher Curls 35kg: 12,12,12
Cable Rope Tricep downward Extensions 25kg: 12,12,12
Seated Incline DB hammer Curls 18kg: 24,24,24
DB Tricep Kickbacks 8kg: 12,12,12

Also note i temporarily don't squad or deadlift due to my anterior pelvic tilt where my lower back is taking all the load rather than glutes, hips and hammies due to tightness and poor motor control in those areas. Managed a 160kg squat and 210kg deadlift for my comp a few months back however. Also battling irritated side and front delts rn, will see a physio soon! So excuse any poor performance in those areas!
Cheers boys. Love you all.

Last edited:
Hey dudes, sorry i missed yesterdays post. Was a rest day anyways :p

Day 8 - Rest day. I'm suffering from something called Temporomandibular Joint Disorder. (been going on for the last 3 months). I'm clenching my jaw in my sleep from stress every night and its causing an inflamation / arthritis in the jaw joint connecting near the ear. Its been giving me headaches every day for the past 3 months which ive been controlling from nurofen every 2nd day, or a cold washer to the head. Today was particularly bad. Was in bed all arvo and night. Thank God it was a rest day!

Day 9 - Strength / Push Pull day. I dont know what the hell happened. Today doing the 120kg BB bench, it felt so light like a warm-up. last week i got 6-6-5 with a huge struggle and all limbs flying in the air in desperation for the rep aha. I easily hit my target of 6 on each set this week. Ready to move up to 125kg next week! had a killer rest of the workout and was very happy! looking much bigger. Admitedly my appetite hasnt been as strong as i would have liked, mostly from the pain from this TMJ disorder. But still eating at least over 3000 calories each day and starting to notice im leaning out in the chest area and many other areas!

Day 10 - Strength Leg Day. Did some 210kg hacksquat, felt a lot lighter than last time. Didn't have that killer edge that it normally does. Will be moving up next time! after my 37.5kg DB lunges im normally so puffed and light headed i have to sit down asap and calm down my 200bpm heart rate and wait 10minutes after literally throwing everything ive got into 14 reps of those lunges. Did the lunges easily today! heartrate easily a good 40bpm less than what it normally would have been during the lunges which makes me feel a lot less exhausted and generally just fit. Not as hungry as i have usually been though btw. The hunger has been pretty normal, feel quite bloated actually when i eat so i think it might also be a subconcious element of not wanting to be bloated. Sitll easily getting around 3400 calories in though. Digestive weight a bit down and showing on the scales. At the same time not eating as much its really given Cardarine the ability to shine in terms of leaning me out. Abs are definitely starting to stick out a bit more and my arms and shoulders are definitely leaning out. While leaning out my muscles have also put on some size. Really happy with how im looking in the mirror and its only day 10. Dad and 2 people at work have said i look bigger. and all my friends reckon my arms are looking huge.

Day 11 - Strength Shoulder / arms day. Up in reps or weight in literally every exercise. My side delts have taken a beating over the weeks from heavy side raises and havent had the chance to heal properly so they're a bit strained atm. had to just do a rehab type session with them. Still smashed out some DB shoulder press 40kg each hand for 6-6-6- and moving up next time. Killed the arms workout too. My weight isn't going up anymore, it's not particularly going down either though. So while im leaning out and losing fat im feeling pretty happy because if i werent putting on muscle id be losing weight.

Day 12 - Rest day. Nothing to report :)

I love reading about what you are going through and your progress! Can you tell us where you purchased your sarms? Thank you for updates!

Very nice detail in your updates bro. Thank you for providing a lot of good information

Actually they were from Oz Gain Sarms. (Australia). It's just a bloke who's outsourcing them from somewhere else and doing them cheapest in Australia for what i can find because he just started up (market penetration). No need to get from him unless in Australia! :) ive heard good things about Sarmsx.

Anyways! its been a while since i posted. i'll catch up on all the days now. Last few days have been really hard, non-gym related life dramas amidst moving on from my mum's recent death and headaches from the jaw clenching at night 24/7. Been making it hard to finish some workouts or had to rule some out entirely with tremendous headaches (from jaw tmj). Been taking more rest days than i should have because of that. But i'm feeling back on track and in an amazing mindset now

Day 13 - A 2nd rest day, as explained couldn't bring myself to go, minor injuries needing a little rest anyway.

Day 14 - Hypertrophy Push / Pull. Was the worst day for mentality, got 2 reps extra on the hypertrophy 100kg bench press though so that was nice :) just did those and some rows and just had to go home. Didn't take cardarine or the MK before bed. feelin' blue and thought from a perspective of resetting sensitivity to the doses it wouldn't be a bad move anyway

Day 15 - Had to go home from work 2 hours early with a fat headache, was sooo bloated on both sides of my stomach, was irritated and ironic because i actually didn't take anything the night before. Couldn't train.

Day 16 - Hypertrophy Legs. Woke up feeling down again, but idk what it was, i stumbled across this Arnold Schwarzenegger video in my lunch break at work and honestly that man is my idol and inspires me so much. Put me back in sync with my mindset and my goals and i was feeling 100% again. Smashed the workout, pushed more reps or more weight than i did last week and continuing to move up. I've always written down every rep and set and make sure i aim to do better than i did last time, every single time and thats what i did this week. Legs feeling and looking swole, compliments at work for the legs recently :)

Day 17 - Hypertrophy Shoulders / Arms. Again, feeling great today! Beasted 2 more reps for each set on my BB overhead press. Side and front delts still feeling a little funny and had to really drop the weight and focus on high reps and form to rehab them a little for some exercises. Nothing too serious, but will see the physio in 3 days time :) overall a great workout, arm exercises: strength for this hypertrophy day was crazy today, jumped up the weights and despite that got even more reps on the higher weight than the lower weight last week.

Overall last 4-5 days -- Bloating has been reeeeally irritating me, before i started this i was prone to bloating in the sides of the stomach but lately its been very present and annoying. However the last 2 days have been sweet :) lets hope it continues on being good! admittedly the bloating has been a deterrant from eating i mean you dont feel hungry when you're bloated or dont want to eat to make it worse. So i havent necessarily been eating more while on this cycle, but still 3500 calories + definitely enough to slap some meat on the ol bod. Cardarine has been veeeery subtley doing its job, not effective as people might say im finding for me, but slow and steady wins the race and so far my abs have been about 5% more visible. Actually... not bad considering im bulking. guess im getting greedy hehe. Very happy with the weight gain ive had since the start. Definitely plateaued but im confident itll spike to 82-83 in the next few weeks. In the last week it hasn't gone up but keep in mind ive been running off a lot less volume in my stomach and digestive system in order to combat the bloating so my digestive weight has been down, but weight holding steady + while trimming a little from cardarine.

Day 0 - 78.0kg
Day 1 - 78.7kg
Day 2 - 78.4kg
Day 3 - 80.2kg
Day 4 - x
Day 5 - x
Day 6 - 80.8kg
Day 7 - 81.6kg
Day 8 - 81.2kg
Day 9 - x
Day 10 - 81.2kg
Day 11 - 81.0kg
Day 12 - 81.2kg
Day 13 - x
Day 13 - x
Day 14 - 81.0kg
Day 15 - x
Day 16 - 80.3kg
Day 17 - 81.3kg

I have also decided i will upload my log sheet of reps and sets and what im lifting week to week on a log sheet at the end of the log. It will be neat and tidy. Will report this week that i have improved in performance reps and strength wise by a good 1-2 reps for each set. I have had this trend for a while anyways as ive been bulking but strength gain has been roughly about 3 times as quick while on this. cheers :)

Day 18 - Rest day

Day 19 - Strength Push / Pull day. Went for a move up to 125kg bench press today, felt good! no shoulder pain, feeling strong and happy with this trend of upwards strength and hopefully the bodyweight will follow! Also nailed my 48kg incline DB bench for 6-6-6 and ready for a move up to a record 50kg. Had some pre workout today so i really felt good. No bloating at all in the past few days, very happy with that. Bloating makes me a sad and uncomfortable panda. No current negative side effects to report! i feel like cardarine is continuing to help lean me out a little, slow and steady, little bit by bit but what more could you ask for when you're eating 3500+ calories. The taste of these 2 sarms is also much better now, honestly more tolerable than a vodka shot and vodka isnt even that bad. Nice contrast compared to day 1 when i could rather lick satan's butt-hole than swallow 1ml of sarms. Happy days, god bless and much love.

Top Bottom