napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

46yo female starting to use SARMS for weight loss/muscle gain - HELP!

molcon

Hi All, I am looking for some advice so please accept my apologies for the long post.... I am a 46yo mum of two who works full-time and commutes 1 hour each way to work each day. Over the last 10 years my weight has crept up and, despite always doing some form of exercise, i have failed to get it under control. I have had my thyroid checked and have been told its within limits and I was told I was insulin resistant for a while but then told I was ok. I have always done something diet/exercise wise. I have done all the "diets", Slimming World, etc and no luck. I used to run 5/10k's and never lost a pound. I then suffered an ankle injury which resulted in surgery last year and was out for 18 months so my weight went up again. I am now nearly 12 stone and only 5ft 5inches!
After my foot injury was sorted I started back with a vengeance. I worked with a very good PT twice a week for 14 weeks while also walking every evening and doing a hike at the weekend (I was afraid to start running again because of my ankle injury). Despite losing 12 inches I lost only 1 pound in weight. The PT reckoned that taking into account what I was eating and the amount of exercise I was getting, I should have lost weight. He is very much an all rounder so he advised me to see a nutritionist which I did. The nutritionist told me that I was over training and under eating and He put me on a diet of a high fat breakfast (2 eggs, 2 bacon, 1/2 an avocado) with chicken salad lunch with carbs and same for dinner with carbs. I would have never had that much carbs previously. He also took me off Dairy and Wheat.
He also cut all exercise for the first 4 weeks so that stopped me doing my 2x weekly weight training with the personal trainer. He then added in walking at a heart-rate of 120bpm. This helped me lose about 1/2 a lb a week. I actually found the "just walking" a bit hard cos I was so used to doing more but i did what he said. I then went on hols, fell off the wagon a bit and when i came back it stopped working!!
So that brings me to where I am now... I need a plan.. I need to get back on track (I actually feel better when I am being healthy!). However I am feeling very fed up that nothing is working for me so I bought Ostarine and GW Stamina. I want to get back to working out and hopefully these will help me to shed some weight while building some muscle. My question is, if I get back to running (and run my ass off 2 or 3 times a week) and if I go back to my HIIT training, is that enough ? Or should I join a gym, run on the treadmill 3 times a week and use the machines? But what machines etc ? Thats where i am stuck.. If I did the running and did a "Joe Wicksw" Home workout 3 times a week, would that be better ? I dont know what exercise is best to do (bearing in mind I am a mom, not a weight lifter!) Please, Please, Please advise ? I am so excited that I might have finally found something to help me get fitter & stronger and shed some weight but, given I have only 4 weeks (isnt that the recommended amount of time) in which I can use them, I don't want to blow it! And I dont want to spend the rest of my life being one of those "plump" moms! I really, really some advice...

thanks for taking the time to read my life story, and if you can help me please advise me... thanks :)

The ostarine and GW can certainly help, it first you need to get this diet fixed. I don't like the plan you received. It doesnt make sense. If you're going to do high protein and high fat, you eat that way with low to no carbs the rest of the day. The same can be said if you want to do high protein and moderate carbs. Your fats need to be lower throughout the day. You need a properly balanced macro ratio in a caloric deficit to achieve fat loss. Having higher amounts of both fats and carbs is a diet that's nearly impossible to cut on, and likely a diet that will put on fat when you give your body a lot of energy sources to choose from. Anything not burned can be stored as fat

You dont need any sarms to lose weight.

You mention you were told you were insulin resistant. Was your blood sugar high? Sounds like you need to be doing low carb full time if you have had blood sugar issues. Your diet doesnt make sense to me.

Can you post your thyroid test results? The range on the blood tests are so wide and WRONG. What was your TSH?

Have you had your hormones checked?

thanks for your reply Noob97. I had my bloods done about 2 years ago and dont have the results to hand. I went to my Doc about a month ago for full bloods but they made a mistake in the hospital and only tested for the regular tests - not the hormone ones so I need to go back. In regards to doing Low Carb - thats what I would have done myself until I went to the Nutritionist. I always had carbs with breakfast and then some for lunch but none in the evenng - but shur that wasnt working either so thats why I went to him! Im sick of trying a bit of this and a bit of that but I dont know exactly what to for "Marcos" etc. I have used Fitness pal in the past but it tells me I should only be eating 1000 calories which doesnt sound right either. I have done all the weightloss fabs - none worked for me even though they worked for other people I know. As regards fitness - im not unfit - as I said I was running 10km's up until I damaged my ankle. I was cycling - 120km per week.
I can walk for 2 hours a day and be ok. However, I have ALWAYS been tired from exercise - but i enjoy it so I do it. the problem I have is, I dont lose weight. MY PT said it - I lost 12 inches but no lbs ??? Using dr Google is looks like i have metabolic syndrome. I think the sarms will help cos if I can do stuff for longer and not be burnt out after then surely it has to have a positive effect ?

i agree with rick, the diet plan doesnt make sense at all.. your ratios are just off and thats a big portion of the problem here

The ostarine and GW can certainly help, it first you need to get this diet fixed. I don't like the plan you received. It doesnt make sense. If you're going to do high protein and high fat, you eat that way with low to no carbs the rest of the day. The same can be said if you want to do high protein and moderate carbs. Your fats need to be lower throughout the day. You need a properly balanced macro ratio in a caloric deficit to achieve fat loss. Having higher amounts of both fats and carbs is a diet that's nearly impossible to cut on, and likely a diet that will put on fat when you give your body a lot of energy sources to choose from. Anything not burned can be stored as fat
Hi RickRock, thanks for coming back to me. Like I mentioned to Noob97, I only started eating the high fat/no carb breakfast and the lunch and dinner with low fat/high carb because the Nutritionist told me to! He also put me on supplements Pure Amino, L-Cartinine and Aloe Arborescense. Before I went to him I did Low carb/low fat myself (ie eating Healthy) but that didnt work either. what kind of diet would you recommend ? And what exercise exactly? I know thats a hard question when you dont know me personally, but if I ate 1500 healthy calories a day (using my fitnesspal) given that I am 167lbs at the moment, and if I ran 5km 3 times a week, got a training program from someone in the gym (not a bodybuilding place, just a regular gym) and if I walked on the other days - would the Ostaring and GW work, do you think ? Or should I just stick with my 45 mins walk at Fatburn rate 5 nights a week and throw in HIIT workouts at home - would that be better ?
I am so down about this cos I feel I am at the end of the road - i have no other things to try - Weightwatchers/Slimming World/Unislim - done, Personal Trainer - done, Nutritionist - done... what left to try ? Am I going to be overweight forever when all I want is to have a slim figure that I can be proud of and be able to pick clothes based on whether I like them and not on whether they will cover my belly or not... thanks for listening and sorry for moaning :-(

Capture.jpg

Dont know if you can open this, but this is the Bio Impedence results from my Nutritionist if that helps to offer me some advice...

As long as you are doing an adequate amount of activity, which it looks like you are, then you can pick whatever training and cardio program suits you best. That's honestly not going to make the biggest impact. Your diet will.

I have a feeling your metabolism may have crashed a bit from the way you were eating previously. Low carb and low fat at the same time isnt sustainable for very long without it taking a toll on you, especially with your calorie expenditure. Based on your level of activity, I'd recommend more of a high protein, moderate carb, low fat diet. Somewhere around 45% protein, 35% carbs, and 20% fats

Here are the tests I’d recommend:
Thyroid Tests:
TSH
TT3
FT3
TT4
FT4
Reverse T3
Thyroid antibodies

Iron Tests:
Ferritin
%Saturation
TIBC
Serum Iron

Saliva Cortisol
B-12
D3

Sex Hormones:
(Dhea, Estradiol, FSH, LH, Total Testosterone, Free Testosterone, SHBG, Progesterone)

CBC w/ Differential
Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
Lipid Profile

C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac
Homocysteine

Hepatic Function
Kidney Function

Most doctors test for thyroid production but don’t always look at the ratios which are more important. Secondly you need to get your diet in check. If you can’t afford a Coach here is some info courtesy of Lean Bodies Consulting (found on their blog page):

Step 1 – Set Calories

Assuming that 15 x bodyweight (in pounds) is a reasonable estimate for the number of calories required to maintain body weight (assuming a reasonably healthy metabolism; if you have been dieting for an extended period of time and eating much lower than this, I’d recommend going to this level for a couple weeks at least), a suitable place to start a plan would be to set calories at anywhere from 10-12 x bodyweight to create a deficit.

Personally, I like to generally start near the middle or top of that range as the ultimate goal would be to lose body fat while still being able to eat as much food as possible. (Very overweight people can go even lower – about 8-9 x bodyweight – as body fat is protective of the metabolic hormones)

As an example, 140-pound woman could set her calories anywhere from 1400 to 1680 calories. Again, starting on the low end may bring about results faster initially but it will invariably lead to more hunger and it doesn’t leave you any room to go down if weight loss does begin to plateau.

Step 2 – Set Protein Intake

Set protein intake at about 0.8 to 1.2 grams per pound of body weight (I personally like setting it around 1g per pound). If you happen to be very overweight, you can go a little lower than this (perhaps using a reasonable goal weight as a multiplier instead of your current weight).

Step 3 – Add in Omega 3’s

Add some Omega 3’s by including fish oil to give you a total of 1.8-3.0g of combined EPA and DHA per day. Though technically a supplement, these still have calories and you have to count them. Currently we are recommending the Ultimate Omega liquid by Nordic Naturals as the EPA and DHA are in triglyceride form and it is relatively cost effective.

Step 4 – Fill in the Rest

Once you’ve accounted for your protein and fish oils, you can essentially fill in the rest of your calorie requirements with carbohydrates and fats depending on your needs/preferences. Despite what you may have read, carbohydrates do not need to be eliminated to lose fat so don’t feel that this is a necessary element of a fat-loss plan. In fact, it is better that you maintain a reasonable amount of them in your diet as they will help maintain thyroid function and fuel higher intensity training.

Step 5 – Create Your Meals

Break down your calories and macros over the desired number of meals per day using a site like CalorieKing.com to determine the amounts. As part of this breakdown, make sure that you’ve included some form of protein in the post-workout meal. It doesn’t necessarily have to be protein powder, but this does make allow for a great deal of convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, you really seem to know your stuff!! thanks for all the info Figuremaster.. If I go to my GP and get these tests done, who would read them ? My GP will probably tell me everything is fine, but as you said, will probably not look at the ratios, etc as you mentioned.
Thanks for the 5 steps also - I will definitely follow those. If I input 1800 cals into Myfitnesspal and stick to that (167lbs*10.75) and then exercise 5 days of the week, would that be enough ? Re the exercise, if I take the ostarine and GW, cycle/run 3 times a week and do at least 2/3 HIIT sessions, would that be enough ? /Also, if I run/cycle should I use that as Cardio or try to keep my heartrate in the Fatburning Zone ? I find that quite difficult to do unless I am out for a leisurely walk with friends...
Sorry for all the dumb questions.. I just see this as my last chance cos if this doesnt work then Im out of ideas and will have to resign myself to being one of those overweight mommas :-( Thanks everyone...

*BUMP*
If anyone could come back to me on this Id really appreciate it.
thanks everyone, Molcon

I would start with that plan and see what it does for you. You can always adjust things later. Everyone is so different that its nearly impossible to predict how you will respond as an individual to certain types of training

Need some guidance

Rickrock: I'm new here and just need some guidance. I've always gotten info on sources for my sips by word of mouth, mostly to be cautious. But my last sarms site just shut down and I'm looking for a new one, problem is I'm not sure how to go about finding a reputable supplier. Any help is appreciated

Rickrock: I'm new here and just need some guidance. I've always gotten info on sources for my sips by word of mouth, mostly to be cautious. But my last sarms site just shut down and I'm looking for a new one, problem is I'm not sure how to go about finding a reputable supplier. Any help is appreciated
Check your inbox.

Wow, you really seem to know your stuff!! thanks for all the info Figuremaster.. If I go to my GP and get these tests done, who would read them ? My GP will probably tell me everything is fine, but as you said, will probably not look at the ratios, etc as you mentioned.
Thanks for the 5 steps also - I will definitely follow those. If I input 1800 cals into Myfitnesspal and stick to that (167lbs*10.75) and then exercise 5 days of the week, would that be enough ? Re the exercise, if I take the ostarine and GW, cycle/run 3 times a week and do at least 2/3 HIIT sessions, would that be enough ? /Also, if I run/cycle should I use that as Cardio or try to keep my heartrate in the Fatburning Zone ? I find that quite difficult to do unless I am out for a leisurely walk with friends...
Sorry for all the dumb questions.. I just see this as my last chance cos if this doesnt work then Im out of ideas and will have to resign myself to being one of those overweight mommas Thanks everyone...
all you have to do is post your bloodwork results when you get them but clearly a doctor would not order them and not go over them with you as well

Sorry everyone, messages went into my spam by accident! I am goin to my doc and will get the bloods done that you listed as they forgot the hormone ones last time. I'll be back on once I get them, thanks!

If your Doctor can’t read the bloodwork then I suggest you find one who can. I’d ask a local compound pharmacy who they recommend. Worse case ask your doc for a referral to an endocrinologist.

Best of luck with the meal plan creation. Remember best to start off with more food as you can subtract 100 cals here & there as you stall. You want to be able to eat as much as you can with little cardio while still losing fat. It’s not a race so slow fat lose is the best approach to minimizing any rebound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom