napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

25-Year-Old Bodybuilding Mom Reportedly Dies of Protein Overdose

gian

I just came across this article... don't know if any of you have heard about it ... I've heard of quite a few people with urea related diseases... it's not that rare actually... the sad thing is that you usually don't notice anything until it gets really serious

"Meegan Hefford, 25, died in June after a rare genetic disorder prevented her from breaking down the mass amounts of protein she was consuming to prepare for a bodybuilding competition, PerthNow reports. Hefford had been eating protein-rich foods over the last few months of her life in addition to drinking protein shakes and taking vitamin supplements. Hefford was found unconscious on the floor of her Mandurah, Australia, apartment June 19 by a real estate agent conducting a regular rental inspection. She was rushed to the hospital where doctors could not figure out why the woman was losing mass amounts of brain activity. Two days later, she was pronounced brain dead and diagnosed with urea cycle disorder, a rare genetic condition that can be treated with diet and medication, but oftentimes goes undiagnosed, allowing ammonia to build up in the bloodstream. "

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a12013369/meegan-hefford-protein-overdose-death/

Last edited:
Yea saw this. Sad story. Bullshit they want to attack the supplement industry. They should really be supporting to cause of getting checked for conditions.

Robolics Representative. PM for details.

Protein consumption obviously escalated her issues but to say it's to blame is bullshit when she had a "rare genetic condition"

Exactly... unfortunately here in Italy (and probably in most countries) an ammonia serum test is not usually included in routine blood tests, so many cases remain undiagnosed

Exactly... unfortunately here in Italy (and probably in most countries) an ammonia serum test is not usually included in routine blood tests, so many cases remain undiagnosed

But wouldn't you FEEL something if this was happening?

But wouldn't you FEEL something if this was happening?

Yeah, I suppose you would feel rather lethargic... but that's quite a generic symptom... most people think they have flu and find out by pure chance

Yeah, I suppose you would feel rather lethargic... but that's quite a generic symptom... most people think they have flu and find out by pure chance

Lethargy while on a cut for a show? That never happens lol

I hope the government steps in and makes protein a scheduled drug! It is just too dangerous in the hands of the general public!

I hope the government steps in and makes protein a scheduled drug! It is just too dangerous in the hands of the general public!
I know you're joking but the last thing we need is the government meddling with things they know nothing about.

I know you're joking but the last thing we need is the government meddling with things they know nothing about.

That's what they love to do though. Protect those who don't need protecting from things they (the government) know nothing about.

Top Bottom