napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Would appreciate some honest feedback on my cycle plan.

Travtree

I’m 32 years old 6’2 168 pounds 10% BF. I have been a pro mma fighter for 10 years but I am retired from that sport now. I now want to focus on adding some muscle and get more into bodybuilding while staying up on cardio as well.

I want to run a basic 500mg Test cycle with the proper AI and PCT. I know many have said it’s better to lift natty for a few years before hopping on gear but to be honest as I am getting into my 30’s and the fact I have focused on my MMA/Jiu Jitsu training for so many years natural (many people don’t in those sports) I am ready to try my first cycle out. I want to make this my new lifestyle.

The main question I have is if this would really be a bad move for my height and weight? I have been on a great lifting program for months already and I am definitely not a novice when it comes to hard work and proper dieting. Honestly I want to use gear for a shortcut also I don’t want to lift natty all the way into my late 30’s. I focused so much on MMA training and cardio but I am ready to use the same work ethic I had doing that and transition to bodybuilding and a healthy lifestyle. Any opinions would be so much appreciated!

Last edited:
at your weight right now in conjunction with your height, i cant think of anyone advising you steroid use brother... my assumption is that if you were a pro you likely had to make weight far lower than what your weight should be at your height, so thats likely a contributing factor.. you can EASILY gain 20 pounds on your own with nothing but food and training... if you want a boost to start, sarms would be a great starting point for you but right now, steroids would be a mistake being that much underweight for your size... it can lead to a lot of nagging injuries etc...

at your weight right now in conjunction with your height, i cant think of anyone advising you steroid use brother... my assumption is that if you were a pro you likely had to make weight far lower than what your weight should be at your height, so thats likely a contributing factor.. you can EASILY gain 20 pounds on your own with nothing but food and training... if you want a boost to start, sarms would be a great starting point for you but right now, steroids would be a mistake being that much underweight for your size... it can lead to a lot of nagging injuries etc...

Dylan thanks for the response! You’re correct about how easy it is to gain weight from training and food. I shot up from 157 lbs to 168 in a matter a months. Like you said I would always keep my weight around 157 to cut to 145 over training camp.

My follow up question would be to you saying steroid use can lead to some nagging injuries because of my size. Is that mainly a problem because people’s bodies are not used to how much strength they gain so fast? Which would cause joints and tendons to have problems?

How would that work if my body is actually really strong already? I’m not putting up insane numbers or anything but for my size I get compliments from my trainers on how strong I am compared to how I look (not trying to brag haha). I know I have not focused on bodybuilding but I definitely have been lifting weights and have had awesome trainers through my career to help me with technique as well.

Last edited:
Dylan thanks for the response! You’re correct about how easy it is to gain weight from training and food. I shot up from 157 lbs to 168 in a matter a months. Like you said I would always keep my weight around 157 to cut to 145 over training camp.

My follow up question would be to you saying steroid use can lead to some nagging injuries because of my size. Is that mainly a problem because people’s bodies are not used to how much strength they gain so fast? Which would cause joints and tendons to have problems?

How would that work if my body is actually really strong already? I’m not putting up insane numbers or anything but for my size I get compliments from my trainers on how strong I am compared to how I look (not trying to brag haha). I know I have not focused on bodybuilding but I definitely have been lifting weights and have had awesome trainers through my career to help me with technique as well.

Being undersized in conjunction with steroid use can put far too much pressure on ligaments, joints and tendons. Its not wise at all

I definitely have to concur. Even with years of natural training first, running an AAS cycle puts a beating on your connective tissue.

Being undersized in conjunction with steroid use can put far too much pressure on ligaments, joints and tendons. Its not wise at all

Well thanks for the professional advice much appreciated. I will hold off on doing this cycle for another time. I respect your opinion and have watched a bunch of your videos and want to do the this the right way. Doesn’t sound like now is the time.

Well thanks for the professional advice much appreciated. I will hold off on doing this cycle for another time. I respect your opinion and have watched a bunch of your videos and want to do the this the right way. Doesn’t sound like now is the time.
absolutely bro... i know its not likely what you wanted to hear but you will thank me for it, i assure you.. like i said, you could still use something like sarms, that wont put anywhere near that kind of pressure on you etc. and would be an excellent performance enhancer in so many regards etc..

Top Bottom