napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

workout changes

supersaiyan9693

So, i'm in the middle of my first steroid cycle (test e only). everything is going well. i wanted to ask that can i start working every muscle twice a week?
eg-2 body parts a day from monday to wednesday then again from thursday to saturday. should i give it a try or would that be too much? i'm currently bulking. till now the results are really great i've not put on any excess fat just muscle.i wanted to take it a step further.
if i do this workout regime, should both the times be hypertrophy or from monday to wed- strength and thursday to saturday-hypertrophy??

I've tried working out every day, sometimes twice a day. All it is going to do is deplete you and make sure your body has no time to recover. It is far better to keep things in moderation and keep doing what has been working. You'll also run into a lot of injury if you start training like this, I constantly have to work around things because of over training early on. Making tweaks in your exercises is necessary, working out each muscle group twice a week with little to no rest (Sunday being your rest day I assume) just isn't enough if you're properly training to begin with. If you can workout all muscles twice a week, you're leaving too much in the gym in the first place.

I would increase intensity and volume first if you feel you have that much energy to do all muscle groups twice a week. I am assuming you're still fairly young and recover quickly and have minimal injuries (if any). Trust me, that will change if you start over training all the time. It's always hard to hold back when you feel great and know you have more energy to put more into the gym. But I would stay away from this type of workout regime and put more effort into active recovery days, stretching, rolling, preventive maintenance so you can lift and make gains for a very long time.

my 2 cents.

I have my best results doing a 3 days on 1 off routine (each muscle twice per week) whether im cutting or bulking (cycling or not). If you're younger, understand your body, and eat well it's doable. If you squat heavy early in the week will you be able to hit it heavy later in the week, no, so you go higher reps and pump it out or deadlift. Theory here is that you get the blood flowing to the muscle without breaking it down too much/overtraining so you hit it hard next time. Knowing how/when to vary intensity is key.

It depends entirely on volume and intensity. If you want to train each muscle group more frequently, like twice a week, you need to lower volume to compensate or else you just won't allow yourself enough time to recover and grow. For example, if you normally do 4 exercises equalling 16 total sets for chest once a week, if you want to train twice a week maybe reduce it to 2-3 exercises of 8-10 total sets twice a week

ive trained the same muscle group twice a week for years and its perfectly fine to do that as long as you space it out long enough so you are not hitting the same muscle twice too closely together... remember that when you lift you tear down muscle fibers and you have to give them adequate time to rest to grow or they are just continuously torn down ...

I don't know your exact workout schedule or your goals. I have trained the same muscle group 2x a week for a long time and had great results. However, my training has often been 1x a week strength training & 1x a week conditioning (i.e. doing squats, lunges etc 1x a week then also doing box jumps, sprints etc 1x a week). I've always been able to recover fine. Also, how long have you been training? A lot of the times you can sense if your body is being overtrained (i.e. Fatigue, decrease in performance, sleep issues, decreased appetite).

IMO; if your goal is bulking you're going to try to work two major body parts per day and train 6 days in a row you will accomplish very little or Nothing at All

IMO; if your goal is bulking you're going to try to work two major body parts per day and train 6 days in a row you will accomplish very little or Nothing at All
Agreed completely. When it comes to growing, sometimes less is more. I learned this long ago. A lot of the guys that are already in the gym when I get there, and STILL there when I leave wonder why I run circles around them on progress. Well, a big part of that reason is I know what to do to make my body grow. I go in, hit it hard and heavy, push harder than them on their best day, and leave in under an hour. Meanwhile they sit there doing their foo foo isolation bullshit movements for two hours doing nothing but burning calories and glycogen, and not overreaching at all and wonder why they aren't growing

Agreed completely. When it comes to growing, sometimes less is more. I learned this long ago. A lot of the guys that are already in the gym when I get there, and STILL there when I leave wonder why I run circles around them on progress. Well, a big part of that reason is I know what to do to make my body grow. I go in, hit it hard and heavy, push harder than them on their best day, and leave in under an hour. Meanwhile they sit there doing their foo foo isolation bullshit movements for two hours doing nothing but burning calories and glycogen, and not overreaching at all and wonder why they aren't growing

Texting takes a lot out of you

It depends entirely on volume and intensity. If you want to train each muscle group more frequently, like twice a week, you need to lower volume to compensate or else you just won't allow yourself enough time to recover and grow. For example, if you normally do 4 exercises equalling 16 total sets for chest once a week, if you want to train twice a week maybe reduce it to 2-3 exercises of 8-10 total sets twice a week

Well said, Rick. That's what I was trying to get at but did an awful job explaining fully...If you're training intensely already and then try doubling your workload you will see little to no progress and likely some new nagging injuries. It's all about the intensity, volume and rest in between breaking down the muscle. I guess my prejudice comes from years of working out a muscle group twice a week and over training. Which I feel like a lot of new lifters fall into, thinking the more they put in...the more they will get out. Which in most cases (unless they're experienced and know how to split up the workload) doesn't work out the way they expect it to and get discouraged. I know I was victim of that years back!

It works well for me with short workouts. 30 min tops, only a few exercises, but twice a day and 5 days a week. This is done with typically hypertrophy ranges.
Then I’ll switch up and do hour long workouts once per day, 3-4 times per week. This is done with typically low rep ranges.
I don’t repeat muscle groups every day, more like every other day or every three days. It depends on how developed the muscles are. My back wasn’t as developed as it should be from my normal routine (and difficult to work as I grandly as other muscle groups) so I worked on it 5 days a week for about a month, and then it was responding better to shorter, more intense workouts.

Top Bottom