napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Who does cardio?

drikonets

I am slowly bringing my body fat % down by meal prepping and training in a caloric deficit but want to be leanish for summer. What does everyone do for cardio? I'm 35, 6' 2", 218lbs, 20% ish body fat. Fasted morning cardio or does that even matter? Everyday or 3 or 4 X a week? HIIT? Gonna be honest and say I find treadmills boring and I'd rather be lifting but goals are goals.....what is everyone's preferred method? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I hate Cardio!! lol I won't lie, it's like kryptonite, the only thing I found that I somewhat like to do is the elliptical thingy. lol Has an arm blaster on it as well. I don't do a lot of cardio. But am cutting down now myself I have a few holiday pounds to shed, I may do it twice a week for an hour total right now??, but the diet is main key.

In the summer I can motivate myself enough to jog for 20-30 minutes on the boardwalk at the beach but only because there's always hot women down there. I just hate doing cardio in the gym in front of a mirror.

I dislike cardio just as much as the next guy, but right now I am doing cardio 3-4 times a week trying to drop a few pounds before I leave for vaca in a few weeks. My girl had all of the Insanity Max dvd's so I just pop those in and get it in in less than 30 minutes and I'm done for the day with cardio.

I dislike cardio just as much as the next guy, but right now I am doing cardio 3-4 times a week trying to drop a few pounds before I leave for vaca in a few weeks. My girl had all of the Insanity Max dvd's so I just pop those in and get it in in less than 30 minutes and I'm done for the day with cardio.
Is it HIIT?

Winter time i don't, i need a little bit of insulation. Maryland in the winter working outside can get really cold. I start cardio late February early March depending on when it starts to warm up. Just stick to a clean diet to keep things in check so i don't have to go nuts later.

NY philosophy seems to been a really good trick

I do hiit on the treadmill, I've done cycling/spinning classes, cardio kickboxing, rowing, and elliptical trainer, and yes I'll admit it I used to love Zumba only because I love to dance and it was the only dance class offered at my gym.
Recently I have added In some hiit with jump roping, burpees, mountain climbers, step-up etc.
I try to mix it up to not get bored with it. I don't do fasted cardio I don't think it's beneficial, I also need energy for intense cardio. If I'm doing hiit training I go 15-25 minutes. If I do steady state I go 30-45 minutes.

Last edited:
20 minutes treadmill Hiit 3-4xs a week. I dont do fasted cardio because I can hear my muscle yelling for help. 3 minutes at 5.5 1 minute at 9. I do that for 5 cycles and im done. Down 40lbs in a year so somethins workin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cardio routine is 8 flights of stairs with 180pds of lead on, followed up by elliptical at max resistance.

Weight days, I use 1m rest between sets.

Cardio is supersets and dropsets in the weight room after lifting heavy then a moderate walk on a incline for about 20 minutes and I've lost 30 lbs in 2 months.. also went Keto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who needs cardio when you have tren? Lol jk I honestly dont do cardio anymore. Once being a runner at 155 lbs participating in marathons..fast forward to right now im nearly 90 lbs heavier you will not catch ne running outside lol.

[Use the name SdBronco for 10% off your order]

[email protected]
[email protected]

I do just enough cardio for health and conditioning reasons year round. I do like to minimize it and keep it as a tool for weight loss tho. When dieting I don't up the cardio until I hit a plateau, I rather increase output than decrease food.

I vary the cardio up a bit, doing both HIIT and SS, but I have to be careful with HIIT as it can wear me out quick as I do a lot of heavy compound lifts. I squat 2-3x a week and deadlift 2x a week. As far as fasted cardio, I don't think it's necessary but for mental reasons I find it beneficial if I have time in the morning.

I do cardio year round. I cut back on the duration and number of sessions when bulking up but on average I hit 3 steady state sessions per week at 30 to 45 minutes each. Usually incline treadmill or the stepmill

Keep in mind that cardio doesn't just help keep you lean, but it's extremely beneficial to overall health and longevity...and we should always make that our first priority

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

During a cut, maintaining my strength ( muscle ) is priority. Because of this, I usually stick to incline walking as a form of active recovery. Though I prefer HIIT sprint intervals, doing them during a cut impedes my recovery and workout performance. I generally pyramid my cardio up as the weeks pass as seen below. I prefer to increase energy output over reducing energy intake (calories)...personal preference. Unfortunately, there will come a time when energy output can no longer be increased - without impacting recovery- and calories will have to be decreased for fat loss to continue.

Week 1 1 Hour total cardio ( 2 30min Sessions )
Week 2 1 Hour total cardio
Week 3 1.5 Hour total cardio ( 3 30min Sessions )
Week 4 1.5 Hour total cardio
Week 5 2.25 Hour total cardio ( 3 45 min Sessions )
Week 6 2.25 Hour total cardio
Week 7 3 Hour total cardio ( 4 45 min Sessions )
Week 8 3 Hours total Cardio

Top Bottom