napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Whey and Casein Blend?

jbellx3

I drink 4 protein shakes a day...1 right after breakfast, 1 a few hours later, then lunch, 1 a few hours later, and then finally one right after workout, then dinner about an hour later. I have a ton of Casein laying around that I use to drink before bed. May question is, can I just mix the Whey and Casein together(50/50ish) for my shakes during the day? Should I stick with just Whey after workout? Casein before bed as well? I'm not a huge eater, so the protein shakes help me meet my needs. I have read good and bad about this. Any help would be wonderful. Currenlty on a SARM stack as well...

Last edited:
Whey/Casein blend IMO is a solid combination to provide immediate recuperative support as well as sustained muscle feed. However, there is no replacement for quality food, BUT there's nothing wrong with supplementing with additional proteins, or aminos. Just be sure they supplement your diet and aren't used as meal replacements/substitutes.

I drink 4 protein shakes a day...1 right after breakfast, 1 a few hours later, then lunch, 1 a few hours later, and then finally one right after workout, then dinner about an hour later. I have a ton of Casein laying around that I use to drink before bed. May question is, can I just mix the Whey and Casein together(50/50ish) for my shakes during the day? Should I stick with just Whey after workout? Casein before bed as well? I'm not a huge eater, so the protein shakes help me meet my needs. I have read good and bad about this. Any help would be wonderful. Currenlty on a SARM stack as well...

Yes, you are fine to do that if you choose to bro. Casein would be the most beneficial before bed or anytime you have a sustained period before your next meal. What Concerns me is how many shakes you are having. I'd like to see a lot more whole food in there. Shakes are fine to use but overuse of them you are missing out on a lot of imprint ant micronutrients and quality protein sources that your body can greatly benefit from. I limit myself to about one a day

all of my protein blends are whey/casein... i LOVE that combination but you have to limit that... i have 1-2 per day and thats it... if you become dependent upon that, you will go nowhere fast... its a part of your daily intake but key in on that word "part." its a small part, do not become dependent upon it... www.truenutrition.com gives you the ability to design your own...

all of my protein blends are whey/casein... i LOVE that combination but you have to limit that... i have 1-2 per day and thats it... if you become dependent upon that, you will go nowhere fast... its a part of your daily intake but key in on that word "part." its a small part, do not become dependent upon it... www.truenutrition.com gives you the ability to design your own...

Thanks Dylan...I travel alot so finding a quality meal sometimes is hard. Do you use the whey/casein blend post workout, or just whey?

Thanks Dylan...I travel alot so finding a quality meal sometimes is hard. Do you use the whey/casein blend post workout, or just whey?
i use it post workout, yes... you get fast acting and slow releasing so its continuing to work throughout the day as well... bro, i travel too and i always find a way... i always have whole foods marked out or other health food stores before i even go anywhere..

I used to read those muscle/bodybuilding magazines, and they had us all believing that our muscles would wast away if we didn't keep feeding every few hours. I know guys who still panic if they don't have protein after a workout.

Leucine is what you need after your workout, not just a protein shake... now whey contains leucine but i dont even drink a shake after my workout anymore, i go straight to bcaas.. people have a huge misunderstanding on what they actually need post workout

That peaked my interest. I have been taking true nutrients bcaas before workout and protein shake after. It says on bcaas to take before or after. I might swap it up and see if I can tell any difference. Good info to know.
yes, i did an extensive video on this brother.. its not up yet because its still in editing but it will peak the interest of many... trust me, people have a HUGE misconception on what actually builds muscle... whey contains all the essential amino acids, so it has leucine but if you dont want the extra calories or whatever the reason, its not necessary... leucine is what builds muscle, not the protein drink itself like so many believe.. .so yes, definitely, a good bcaa drink is going to be perfect for taking after your workout

Top Bottom