napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Whats your opinions on high rep vs low rep training?

Highjason

Hey bros,

I know there are both pros and cons for high rep light weight vs low rep heavy weight training.

Theres a popular belief that muscle hyperthopy occurs when lifting heavier things than yesterday with sufficient caloric surplus.

On the other hand, i watched rich pianans interesting video about bulking when on cycle. He said not to ego lift but to lift very light for 20+ reps.
He says the pump from 20+reps is the thing that makes muscles big especially while on gear.
While off cycle and natural, low rep heavy weight is more optimal he says.

In a condition that im on test deca cycle with sufficient caloric surplus, which type of training is better?

Any warm feedback is welcom! Thx!

Hey bros,

I know there are both pros and cons for high rep light weight vs low rep heavy weight training.

Theres a popular belief that muscle hyperthopy occurs when lifting heavier things than yesterday with sufficient caloric surplus.

On the other hand, i watched rich pianans interesting video about bulking when on cycle. He said not to ego lift but to lift very light for 20+ reps.
He says the pump from 20+reps is the thing that makes muscles big especially while on gear.

In a condition that im on test deca cycle with sufficient caloric surplus, which type of training is better?

Well, everyone might have different onions on this, but I wouldn't exactly look at Rich Potato as a credible source of info.

I personally believe in staying in the hypertrophy range of 8-12 reps, with as heavy as weight as possible while maintaining strict form with nice slow controlled negatives. I also highly believe in progressive overload, always striving to outdo your previous workouts by increasing reps and/or weight

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Progressive overload, scientifically is what promotes muscle growth.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

I don't care what anyone says for me it's heavy af and 8-12 reps regardless. HEAVY IS THE WAY OF THE 44.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Well, everyone might have different onions on this, but I wouldn't exactly look at Rich Potato as a credible source of info.

I personally believe in staying in the hypertrophy range of 8-12 reps, with as heavy as weight as possible while maintaining strict form with nice slow controlled negatives. I also highly believe in progressive overload, always striving to outdo your previous workouts by increasing reps and/or weight

bro, i was eating cereal when i read this and about spit out my almond milk when you called him potato... LOLLLL

Hey bros,

ive taken a million classes and certifications and this was clearly a major topic throughout... even nasm teaches that hypertrophy (muscle building) occurs in the 8-10 rep range at 80-85% of your max... I have been doing this since i was 18 years old, so only 16 years of true studying and very hands on experience with thousands and thousands of clients as well as all of my own experience... ANYTIME i am trying to or help others cut down weight etc. we go for very high volume, 20-25 reps but NEVER for bulking and/or adding potential size... the heavier the weight, as long as the movement is on point and the rep range is correct, is going to be what adds size... you are going to be very disappointed if you are training for size and go with that style of training...

ive taken a million classes and certifications and this was clearly a major topic throughout... even nasm teaches that hypertrophy (muscle building) occurs in the 8-10 rep range at 80-85% of your max... I have been doing this since i was 18 years old, so only 16 years of true studying and very hands on experience with thousands and thousands of clients as well as all of my own experience... ANYTIME i am trying to or help others cut down weight etc. we go for very high volume, 20-25 reps but NEVER for bulking and/or adding potential size... the heavier the weight, as long as the movement is on point and the rep range is correct, is going to be what adds size... you are going to be very disappointed if you are training for size and go with that style of training...

Understood. So rich piana style of 20+ is not optimal for bulking u say?
How about some 8~12 rep range with progressive overload?

Understood. So rich piana style of 20+ is not optimal for bulking u say?
How about some 8~12 rep range with progressive overload?
bro seriously? did you read what i just said... i could not have said it more clear that a method of high reps is NOT for bulking... you can do progressive overload if you want

bro seriously? did you read what i just said... i could not have said it more clear that a method of high reps is NOT for bulking... you can do progressive overload if you want

Oh okay.8~10 reps. Whats ur opinion on supersets? Like bench press+cable flyes right after for 8~10 reps each for bulking?

Understood. So you're actually saying only 3 dolphins are killed in order to make one XL size pepperoni pizza?

Is that your point? I get it entirely.

Oh okay.8~10 reps. Whats ur opinion on supersets? Like bench press+cable flyes right after for 8~10 reps each for bulking?
i usually do 1 or 2 every session.. i love them.. you dont want your entire workout based around it but they are good to implement... bro, just remember, you need to constantly shock your body... add supersets, mix in negatives etc... dont overthink, which you are doing, just constantly change and make your body think and it will respond...

i usually do 1 or 2 every session.. i love them.. you dont want your entire workout based around it but they are good to implement... bro, just remember, you need to constantly shock your body... add supersets, mix in negatives etc... dont overthink, which you are doing, just constantly change and make your body think and it will respond...

Thanks man. Im heading gym in 15 min, will think about your recommendations :)

Supersets and giant sets, drop sets, etc are things that are good to throw in from time to time to give a new stimulus to training. You just don't want to do it too often or too much or it becomes counterproductive

Supersets and giant sets, drop sets, etc are things that are good to throw in from time to time to give a new stimulus to training. You just don't want to do it too often or too much or it becomes counterproductive

Thanks! Definitely keep that in mind!

FUCK Richy Pianis. Dude has to be using synthol. He looks fucking retarded in my opinion and the shit he says is just redundant. I get better info from you average joe gym giants than that cum slut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUCK Richy Pianis. Dude has to be using synthol. He looks fucking retarded in my opinion and the shit he says is just redundant. I get better info from you average joe gym giants than that cum slut.

Tell us how you really feel about the guy...

Lol took you this long to suspect that. It's a known fact that he used pmaa.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

LOLLL no argument here... i cant see how anyone takes him serious to be honest.. anyone can say fuck every other word and spout off about nonsense... im sorry but its not even entertaining...

Top Bottom