napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What should I do

JeffFran

Hey guys. I have been following the forum but did not participate recently
But now I have a decision to make... I don't know what should I do with my diet, training and supplement regime.
I'll post a picture without flexing and you could give me some advice... It would be awesome since I really don't know... 22140116_1697710576936787_1713187975_o.jpg

Hey guys. I have been following the forum but did not participate recently
But now I have a decision to make... I don't know what should I do with my diet, training and supplement regime.
I'll post a picture without flexing and you could give me some advice... It would be awesome since I really don't know... View attachment 4985

Hey bro, can you be anymore vague? There isn't much to say, since you've given nothing to work with...give us your complete stats: age, height, weight, bf%, years and knowledge of training, specific daily caloric intake, goals, supplements, prior cycles if any, etc...

One observation I can make based on the pic, is that you're carrying quite a bit of fat around your gut. This leads me to believe you have holes in your diet that need to be addressed first and foremost

Hey bro, can you be anymore vague? There isn't much to say, since you've given nothing to work with...give us your complete stats: age, height, weight, bf%, years and knowledge of training, specific daily caloric intake, goals, supplements, prior cycles if any, etc...

One observation I can make based on the pic, is that you're carrying quite a bit of fat around your gut. This leads me to believe you have holes in your diet that need to be addressed first and foremost

I know it seems that way but I can assure you that my diet ain't dirty or anything like that.

Height: 5ft11
Weight: 160lbs
Bf%: Idk, by the pic what do you think (?) , around 15%?
Years training: 4 years weight lifting (Being an athlete for 12 years)
Knowledge training and nutrition: I've been researching for 4 years on that every single day
Specific daily caloric intake: Being eating around 2800-2950kcal to put muscle on
Goals: Reach 180lbs and 10-12% bodyfat
Supplements: Whey, sometimes BCAA, Creatine, Multivitamin and Omega3
Prior cycles: Two friends of mine suggested me since my test levels were low for my age (less than 150), my bloodwork came out perfect I know I shouldn't have done that, even though I've never experienced any bad side effect besides good libido and finally had hair growth)

Typical diet food:
Egg Whites
Whole Egg
Chicken
Red Meat
Fish
Spinach
Brown Rice
Greek yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Nuts or Peanut Butter
Banana
Sweet Patoto
Whey
Chia seeds
Beans
Oatmeal

Last edited:
Provide us your workout routine please. Curious as to what you are and aren't doing. Being 5' 11" at 160 how much did you weigh 12 months ago and 6 months ago as well to the best of your knowledge please. Haven't seen you on here in a long time bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Provide us your workout routine please. Curious as to what you are and aren't doing. Being 5' 11" at 160 how much did you weigh 12 months ago and 6 months ago as well to the best of your knowledge please. Haven't seen you on here in a long time bro.

Now I changed it...
But it was:
Arms
Rest
Chest and Calves
Rest
Legs
Shoulders and Traps
Back

Around 20 sets per body part a week and around 10-15 reps on which set.
This last week I decided to change it:
Chest, Arms, Shoulders I will do Twice a week (15 sets per workout, also my rep range decreased for 6-12)

My weight has maintained almost the same on that period of time, I tried to lose weight but then my head was like "even skinnier?", but from January to June I'd a coach who competes on the IFBB, we firstly cut to 145lbs and then I reached 163lbs but my body fat wasn't and still ain't good with that height.... Now I am not with him, not because I didn't like it but since I am on college my parents are paying my tuitions and many things and I think it ain't absolutely necessary to spend more money.

I haven't been posting but always seeing Dylan's videos. Recently after I stopped working with that coach I'd many personal problems, with my family and parents and more recently my girlfriend and I broke up and I am going trough the worst moments of my life and I gained a bit of fat in the last month but even then my diet ain't dirty, always those foods but I ate on larger amounts (around 2800-3000kcal)

At the risk of getting flamed...I'll address the elephant in the room...
Bro...I get it....I believe you seriously want to change, and you're here looking for help
BUT....to effectively change ...you need to realistically acknowledge where you are at....
So please.....take a good look in the mirror....this is NOT the physique of a 12 yr athlete eating and training properly for the last 4 yrs....drop your illusions about what you think you know from researching and get real....you need to eat and train consistently........your body will be your guide....if you've not obtaining results...you need to change what you've doing.....

You mentioned test levels of 150? How do you know this? Did you run a cycle? Were these levels before or after? Please elaborate and clarify.

As for your workout routine.....one simple question, are you getting stronger? Are still squatting and benching what you were 6 months or a year ago? IMO if you are doing 20 sets per single body part per week, you may be doing to much volume. Volume is important, but so is progressive overload. There is a perfect balance of volume, progressive overload and intensity....everyone's will be different.

I think we need a better look at your workout routine and exercise selection.

Ok, your food selection looks good. However, 5'11", 160 and 15%- being generous- something is not right. I understand you went through a rough time with a break up and all...eating more and putting on some weight in the process. This happens.

To recap:
Elaborate on your 150 test levels.

Post up a typical chest workout routine where you where doing 20 sets..include exercise selection.

What is your TDEE and approx macro setup for your maintenance cal.?

I am at a loss here. Your diet is exceptionally clean, almost too clean. Your daily caloric intake is in the general area to support growth. Training "seems" to be in order, yet your physique doesn't support these claims. What exactly is your daily macro nutrient breakdown...protein, carbs, fat percentages? Also, have you been diagnosed with hypogonadism?

At the risk of getting flamed...I'll address the elephant in the room...
Bro...I get it....I believe you seriously want to change, and you're here looking for help
BUT....to effectively change ...you need to realistically acknowledge where you are at....
So please.....take a good look in the mirror....this is NOT the physique of a 12 yr athlete eating and training properly for the last 4 yrs....drop your illusions about what you think you know from researching and get real....you need to eat and train consistently........your body will be your guide....if you've not obtaining results...you need to change what you've doing.....

One thing I can assure you I've too much knowledge on nutrition, supplements, aas and training, my body can not show it but I've and you can ask me anything you want to
But yeah I know my body and physique ain't good for 3 years or so of weight training. I've always been confused either I should cut or bulk since I only gain fat on my belly even eating clean
I think I'm gonna cut until I've abs even if that means I must be 140lbs

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

You mentioned test levels of 150? How do you know this? Did you run a cycle? Were these levels before or after? Please elaborate and clarify.

As for your workout routine.....one simple question, are you getting stronger? Are still squatting and benching what you were 6 months or a year ago? IMO if you are doing 20 sets per single body part per week, you may be doing to much volume. Volume is important, but so is progressive overload. There is a perfect balance of volume, progressive overload and intensity....everyone's will be different.

I think we need a better look at your workout routine and exercise selection.

Ok, your food selection looks good. However, 5'11", 160 and 15%- being generous- something is not right. I understand you went through a rough time with a break up and all...eating more and putting on some weight in the process. This happens.

To recap:
Elaborate on your 150 test levels.

Post up a typical chest workout routine where you where doing 20 sets..include exercise selection.

What is your TDEE and approx macro setup for your maintenance cal.?

20 sets is it too much volume?? I think it's a pretty standard approach once a week
My weights have increased, feeling stronger not a lot. The test levels were before cycling and then when I did pct they were like 350 or so
Chest workout from today:
Bench press machine: 3 sets, 40kg/12r, 40kg/12r, 50kg/10r
Incline: 3 sets, same weight and rep
Machine flys: 3 sets, 35kg for 8-10 reps
Wide chest press machine: 4 sets, 40kg for 15, 12,12 reps and 45kg for 8
Dips machine: 3 sets, 60kg for 12 reps

Tdee: 2720kcal on moderate activity level option
45p/30c/25f more or less

I am at a loss here. Your diet is exceptionally clean, almost too clean. Your daily caloric intake is in the general area to support growth. Training "seems" to be in order, yet your physique doesn't support these claims. What exactly is your daily macro nutrient breakdown...protein, carbs, fat percentages? Also, have you been diagnosed with hypogonadism?

Like 45p/30c/25f
When I did bloodwork my T3 levels were 0.90 on a range of 0.80-3.20 so I guess it is quite low.. I also have taken cortisone for more than 8 years and when I did drop it off I lost good amount of fat

20 sets is it too much volume?? I think it's a pretty standard approach once a week
My weights have increased, feeling stronger not a lot. The test levels were before cycling and then when I did pct they were like 350 or so
Chest workout from today:
Bench press machine: 3 sets, 40kg/12r, 40kg/12r, 50kg/10r
Incline: 3 sets, same weight and rep
Machine flys: 3 sets, 35kg for 8-10 reps
Wide chest press machine: 4 sets, 40kg for 15, 12,12 reps and 45kg for 8
Dips machine: 3 sets, 60kg for 12 reps

Tdee: 2720kcal on moderate activity level option
45p/30c/25f more or less

Not trying to be a dick, but your benching 110lbs after 4 years of lifting? Something is wrong here man. No, 20 sets is not "standard". It may be for some people, but it does not look like it is working well for you. I see one thing wrong, ever exercise you listed says "machine" after it. No where in your workout routine does it say Barbell or Dumb Bell. I got excited when I read Dips, but that was short lived because machine followed the word Dip.

So am I understanding correctly that your test levels were 150 before you ran a cycle and 350 after your cycle and PCT?

Don't quote me on this, hopefully some of the vets can confirm or deny this, but I want to say cortisone raises cortisol and may lower test levels. Again, don't quote me on that, but want to say I read that before somewhere.

Like 45p/30c/25f
When I did bloodwork my T3 levels were 0.90 on a range of 0.80-3.20 so I guess it is quite low.. I also have taken cortisone for more than 8 years and when I did drop it off I lost good amount of fat

Hypogonadism is a condition in which your body isn't producing enough testosterone. In your second post you mentioned that your test levels were less than 150. Was this number verified through blood work...or pulled out of mid air? Hypothyroidism is a condition where your thyroid cannot produce enough thyroid hormone. My wife had her thyroid removed several years ago and is now on T4 medication, which helps her produce hormones her body can no longer produce. She has a very difficult time losing weight, even at a deficit. Are you are saying you have thyroid issues and are you on meds?

Not trying to be a dick, but your benching 110lbs after 4 years of lifting? Something is wrong here man. No, 20 sets is not "standard". It may be for some people, but it does not look like it is working well for you. I see one thing wrong, ever exercise you listed says "machine" after it. No where in your workout routine does it say Barbell or Dumb Bell. I got excited when I read Dips, but that was short lived because machine followed the word Dip.

So am I understanding correctly that your test levels were 150 before you ran a cycle and 350 after your cycle and PCT?

Don't quote me on this, hopefully some of the vets can confirm or deny this, but I want to say cortisone raises cortisol and may lower test levels. Again, don't quote me on that, but want to say I read that before somewhere.

I did machines today because I was on a rush since I'd personal problems but I usually do dumbell incline press and barbell with machine flys machine and another machine. I think my PR is 150lbs for 7 reps like 3 weeks ago.
Yes you understood that right and funny enough it was the first time I'd public hair growth and my voice is different now according to some friends.

About cortisol levels, I am not sure but I also read months ago cortisone increases some glands in abdominal area or something like that

Hypogonadism is a condition in which your body isn't producing enough testosterone. In your second post you mentioned that your test levels were less than 150. Was this number verified through blood work...or pulled out of mid air? Hypothyroidism is a condition where your thyroid cannot produce enough thyroid hormone. My wife had her thyroid removed several years ago and is now on T4 medication, which helps her produce hormones her body can no longer produce. She has a very difficult time losing weight, even at a deficit. Are you are saying you have thyroid issues and are you on meds?

No I am not on meds. I always suspected I could have thyroid problems but was not sure. I'd a hard time leaning out even though on a deficit but when I did my full bloodwork it showed that my t3 levels were low but now low enough according to my doctor. Truth is I still find hard to lose fat, not necessarily weight but fat alone and when I lose it, I gain fat SO EASILY it makes me sick only thinking of it, I can't eat dirty whatsoever and that's why my diet it's "almost too clean" as you stated.

I assume your cardio regimen is probably better than mine but I didn't see it listed unless I missed it.

I did machines today because I was on a rush since I'd personal problems but I usually do dumbell incline press and barbell with machine flys machine and another machine. I think my PR is 150lbs for 7 reps like 3 weeks ago.
Yes you understood that right and funny enough it was the first time I'd public hair growth and my voice is different now according to some friends.

About cortisol levels, I am not sure but I also read months ago cortisone increases some glands in abdominal area or something like that

Ok, we may be getting somewhere here. If your Test levels were 150 before your cycle, then you did a cycle and grew pubic hair for the first time....bro you need to go have your blood / Test levels checked again by a Doctor. If they come back low, you need to go see an Endo. Something is going on here, I feel there is a bigger piece of the puzzle missing. If I got my test levels checked and they came back at 150, I would want to know why they are low.

I assume your cardio regimen is probably better than mine but I didn't see it listed unless I missed it.

When I cut early this year I did 45m Incline Treadmill 6 days a week and I did manage to lose some weight.
I am also a Tennis player but now I am only training like 2 hours a week.
I started today doing some cardio (20m), but cardio is a tool, what really matters is the law of Thermodynamics

Ok, we may be getting somewhere here. If your Test levels were 150 before your cycle, then you did a cycle and grew pubic hair for the first time....bro you need to go have your blood / Test levels checked again by a Doctor. If they come back low, you need to go see an Endo. Something is going on here, I feel there is a bigger piece of the puzzle missing. If I got my test levels checked and they came back at 150, I would want to know why they are low.

My bloodwork was done because I'd that issue, I was 20 years old and I looked a lot younger without public hair growth and so forth. I also though it could be why my gains were not good until then. Then I did the cycle and when I came off my test levels were higher than before, I also did on cycle and they were pretty high (obviously).
The last time I did they were the same as after my PCT.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you taking the cortisone? If to personal, I understand.

So I understand now that multiple blood test have confirmed your Test levels are at 350?

Top Bottom