napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What's a funny rookie mistake anyone has ever made?

Colton1031

I remember when I used to do Shoulder press, and I thought the correct form was to always push the dumbells up and clap them together and bring them back down. I made a lot of noise! Haha. Back when I was a teeager, pushing those heavy 40 pounders lol.

Using my back for every workout and now basically fucked up my back forever Lmao.

FORM first! Always.....

Doing lateral raises and bringing the dumbbells all the way down to my belly and then raise them and one time I came down a little too low and a little too fast and the dumbbells squish my manhood, I dropped to the floor it was a very embarrassing and painful moment yeah I was still able to have a kid though,,, LOL

Doing lateral raises and bringing the dumbbells all the way down to my belly and then raise them and one time I came down a little too low and a little too fast and the dumbbells squish my manhood, I dropped to the floor it was a very embarrassing and painful moment yeah I was still able to have a kid though,,, LOL

Haha awesome story, not awesome for your manly parts, but hey, as long as they still working that's all that matters lol

I made a ham sandwich in the squat rack once…….shit….. ham was on sale what do you expect…..;)

Not taking a good dump before starting legs day first thing in the morning... Talk about a surprise.... :)

Training 6-7 days a week for 2-3 hours a day with maybe 1 rest day a month. Hitting arms, chest, forearms, shoulders, biceps all in the same day everyday monday-saterday eating McDonald's and fried chicken and french fries 3-4 times a day not gaining a single pound due to your 1.5 hours of daily cardio and boxing. Steadily getting stronger and stronger dumbell pressing 120lb dumbells but meanwhile you are 250 lbs and 25% bodyfat and wondering why after 6 years of football HS/NCAA and 2 years of MMA why you arent jacked yet. Lol.

I remember when I used to do Shoulder press, and I thought the correct form was to always push the dumbells up and clap them together and bring them back down. I made a lot of noise! Haha. Back when I was a teeager, pushing those heavy 40 pounders lol.

That's not really a mistake. You don't have to make noise obviously but touching them is just thorough form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup clanging them together just takes stress off the shoulders and puts them on the shoulder joint.

Mine would be probably avoiding deadlifts and squats in HS. Was worried I'd injure myself and I did both cross country and indoor track with my coach advising me to avoid those lifts.

Yup clanging them together just takes stress off the shoulders and puts them on the shoulder joint.

Mine would be probably avoiding deadlifts and squats in HS. Was worried I'd injure myself and I did both cross country and indoor track with my coach advising me to avoid those lifts.

Yeah mine was neglecting legs. I was in the army and thought our ruck marches were good enough. For my glutes they were but not the rest.

Just bending over to pick up heavy dumbbells at the waist until I ended up lying in a fetal position on the gym floor screaming at anyone that tried to touch me

Lifting with my ego and not what I can actually handle because I didn't want to look like a bitch, which I guess looking like I have downsydrome because I was using weight too advanced for me wasn't much better.

Yeah mine was neglecting legs. I was in the army and thought our ruck marches were good enough. For my glutes they were but not the rest.

Ya the only thing that kept me from looking like a moose was that I did the 400 and 800 during the winter. So the sprint practice kept me from having chicken legs, but they still weren't impressive by any means lol.

I used to set my Dumbbells on a bench for easy access doing shrugs so I didn't have to bend over and pick them up off the floor.....until one day, one of the 130s fell off and nearly broke my foot. My foot was so swollen I could barely get my shoe off

Massive inflammation from skull crushers with too much weight and just bending at the elbows. Flared elbows on bench. My 20's were a rough decade

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Massive inflammation from skull crushers with too much weight and just bending at the elbows. Flared elbows on bench. My 20's were a rough decade

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Yep, I still deal with elbow issues completely due to the fact of years of heavy skull crushers.

Top Bottom