napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

What's everyone's 1RM on Big Lifts? Tips?

Romes20

I was curious about everyone's maxes for the big lifts-

Mine are-
Deadlift- 500lbs
BB Bench- 315lbs
BB Squat- 385lbs
(Struggle with this one due to high arches and tight achilles that affect my stability and ability to transmit power through my heels effectively. Any tips welcome! )

Most attempted-
BB Row- 255lbs
OHP- 155lbs
(I have a small rotator cuff tear, so I try not to push my luck on these)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I haven't done a 1 rep max in anything in longer than I can remember, but about 18 months ago I got 405 on bench for a single. My back is way too fucked to go heavy on squats and deadlifts now. I mostly train in the hypertrophy zone and stick to 8-12 reps

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I usually go heavy on my first big compound movement in the 3-5 rep range and then over the next few exercises for a muscle group I'll up the reps toward hypertrophy as well. Try to get the best of both worlds haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Deadlift- haven't done a heavy dead in probably 7 years because of 4 herniated disks in my back.
BB Bench- 490 lbs I tore my pec trying 515 years ago so I'm really careful (NO lift off RAW, no spotter)
BB Squat- I cant do free bb squats I can't reach the bar with my hands anymore. I'm doomed to the Smith Machine and balancing bar on shoulders/back.
BB Row- 405lbs for 6
OHP- 315 lbs but I feel it for days afterwards due to my back/neck injuries/ailments

Completely irrelevant unless you're a powerlifter.

It helps to make us really sore lol, but is a ego thing more than anything else. I haven't attempted a PR in several months. Besides we know that PR's that aren't truly heavy is mere progression more than a true PR.

Completely irrelevant unless you're a powerlifter.

Not exactly irrelevant... I dnot like to work at the single weight, but with a bodybuilding mindset, powerlifting programs can be extremely beneficial. No one with any real life experience in bodybuilding will admit that the heavier you lift the more muscle you can attain, and vice versa.

Bench 355
Squat 425
Dead 505

Ever since I started adding heavy 5x5 days at 75-85% 1rm I've seen far more growth and it's necessary to evaluate your max from time to time. It is CERTAINLY an ego thing as well, but to say it's irrelevant in bodybuilding is a little short sighted at best

Not exactly irrelevant... I dnot like to work at the single weight, but with a bodybuilding mindset, powerlifting programs can be extremely beneficial. No one with any real life experience in bodybuilding will admit that the heavier you lift the more muscle you can attain, and vice versa.

Bench 355
Squat 425
Dead 505

Ever since I started adding heavy 5x5 days at 75-85% 1rm I've seen far more growth and it's necessary to evaluate your max from time to time. It is CERTAINLY an ego thing as well, but to say it's irrelevant in bodybuilding is a little short sighted at best

I agree with you on that to an extent. Progressive overload with continued heavy weights at 75-85% of 1rm can be very effective for growth. However doing a one rep max of anything will do absolutely nothing for hypertrophy. I also don't see the need to evaluate your max. The concern should be how heavy you can lift a certain movement and stay within a designated hypertrophy range. I personally don't see any benefit for growth under about 6 or 7 reps

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Bench 300. OHP 185. DL 465. Squat 365 (all the weight I owned at the time before I started neglecting the lift). 6'2" and these were at 204lbs bodyweight. Except squats were at 185lbs bodyweight lol

Pm me for Robolics GAINS!

Top Bottom