napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Week 5 Deca check in

m555zma

Starting week 5 tomorrow morning.
Thus far:
*Recovery times have improved greatly. Im resting only 10 or 15 sec between sets, then I'm ready. Usually I rest 1 or 2 minutes between sets.. Amazing.
*I feel a bit more powerful as well.
*Size: im not much bigger, aside from the food I've been eating, but I'm sure size will come in the later weeks.
But I feel a lot different at the end of week 4 which is great

Week five is when things start to get special. Keep us updated bro! Good luck and hold on lol

10 seconds rest? rly? u using less than 50% of your one rep max and go 30 reps+ ?...just asking , are you training for endurance ?

10 seconds rest? rly? u using less than 50% of your one rep max and go 30 reps+ ?...just asking , are you training for endurance ?

I will agree about the 10 seconds. I don’t care what exercise I’m doing, I need more than 10 seconds just to get breath back to go again lol.

You must not be lifting heavy or hard enough if you only need 10 seconds. Gw is good but and all but if you're lifting hard and heavy you're still going to need at least 45 seconds

yeah, i agree... i mean, i train for muscular endurance and i train on the faster end but im lifting heavy enough where 10 seconds is just not possible... if you can do that then you must not be lifting much of anything

When I'm on cycle I do 45 seconds but if I'm doing a particular heavy set I'll definitely wait a bit longer. When I'm off cycle and back on TRT I'll do 60 seconds.

If I'm doing dumbbell bench I dont think I can drop the weights then pick them up and reset in 10 seconds lol.. On the topic of rest periods: are you guys that strict every single set or is that a rough estimate? I personally hate watching the clock and just go when I feel ready. One thing I do like to do every now and then for bench/squats/deads is triples on the minute for 10 min.

If I'm doing dumbbell bench I dont think I can drop the weights then pick them up and reset in 10 seconds lol.. On the topic of rest periods: are you guys that strict every single set or is that a rough estimate? I personally hate watching the clock and just go when I feel ready. One thing I do like to do every now and then for bench/squats/deads is triples on the minute for 10 min.
I dont watch a clock or timer. I go by feel and when my body is ready to attack the next set to get the most out of it. Rest periods are going to vary based on the weight used, reps, and if you are going to failure or how close to failure you are going. Drop sets and and super sets are going to require more rest as well.

There are times I'll rest 45 seconds and there are times I'll rest as long as 2 or 3 minutes when going really heavy at or near failure

i mean, once you have lifted for many years you just got go on a mental clock that you just know... i dont stare at anything... the only time i know i take longer is if i am doing heavy bench or something that you absolutely have to rest longer but generally, for me, its 30-45 seconds and i just know... there are some machines at my gym that have timers on them and if you dont start after a minute of rest it will reset on you

Top Bottom